• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/22 GDT World SERIOUS Game 2

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for Holland to throw a strike.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game until the 6th.

Let's get 'em with Hudson in SF.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No milk today :(

Any word on Tim?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain is going to get paid at some point, assuming he can stay healthy. Can say the same thing about a lot or Royal players.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series goes to AT&T tied 1-1. We have home field. Be interesting to see how Buck is greeted.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Complete cut-throat observation...

If Timmeh is done, probably helps our bully.

To be fair, he looked good tonight. If he's done, who would we bring in? Kontos? We need someone because right now we have two guys we can't rely on in Machi and Strickland. I was hopeful that Lincecum would be able to step in and excel in the middle relief role like he did in 2012.

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he looked good tonight. If he's done, who would we bring in? Kontos? We need someone because right now we have two guys we can't rely on in Machi and Strickland. I was hopeful that Lincecum would be able to step in and excel in the middle relief role like he did in 2012.

Low pitch count and getting outs. Looked like he was getting the magic back.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low pitch count and getting outs. Looked like he was getting the magic back.

I wonder if it's something psychological. When you go from being a starter to being a reliever, everything probably feels easier.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it's something psychological. When you go from being a starter to being a reliever, everything probably feels easier.

Do you think it has anything to do with how low the mound is in KC? It seems like it might affect Timmy more than anyone based on his mechanics. Or am I just looking for excuses? :bawling:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it has anything to do with how low the mound is in KC? It seems like it might affect Timmy more than anyone based on his mechanics. Or am I just looking for excuses? :bawling:

I wasn't thinking about the mound. I was just wondering in general if Tim does well as a reliever because it seems easier to him. I imagine that happens with a lot of former starters (like Gagne, Eckersley, Affeldt).

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals Rebound in Game 2 of World Series 7-2 over Giants

Hey we got ourselves a hellava matchup for this 2014 World Series and to those not watching around the country don't miss the next games coming up because it's getting hot and we got some action.

The Giants had a chance to drop the hammer on KC in tonight's Game 2 but the Royals rebounded with solid pitching and clutch hitting in the 6th inning to even up the series 1-1 with both teams headed back to the City by the Bay . Blanco did get the Giants going in the 1st inning leading off with a shot to right for a HR as Royals fans were scratching their heads saying ..oh no not again. Belt had a nice double to tie the game at 2-2 in the 4th inning but things changed in the bottom of the 6th when Peavy got in trouble as the Royals got their first two hitters on . Machi entered the game and gave up a RBI hit to Butler that scored Cain for the go ahead run which turned out to be the winning run.

Strickland entered and got roughed up giving up a long double to left center scoring two runs and then a long HR to Infante to left field scoring Perez . Then the fireworks started as Strikland went off on Perez as he crossed home plate as benches cleared. Action in KC as Don King could be seen running through the stands trying to set up a rumble somewhere between KC and S.F. tomorrow in a grocery store parking lot. Just kidding but it sounds funny. Strikland though as to learn to keep his cool. This is the WS and guys get excited and you just have to let stuff roll of your back. I really like the kid but he needs to chill headed back home and I think he realizes it after cooling down after the game. Damn Don King loses a payday..too bad Don. It was nice to see Lincecum back who retired 5 straight hitters after a 24 day layoff but had to leave because of back stiffness. Bochy did say after the game that it did not seem to be serious.

So the setting now shifts to San Francisco where the good news is the Giants own home field advantage and will play three games over the weekend in a Mardi Gras party atmosphere in the greatest city in the world. Hudson will get his chance to start his first World Series game at age 39 which will be nice to see on Friday night . Should be fun with more memories out at the yard as October rolls along by McCovey Cove.

No word yet if Don King will show up hoping for another tussle and a payday down the line. If Howard Cosell shows up we really got ourselves a story. Howard was one of a kind. Ok then can't wait for Friday night when it will be Rock N in the city.

Go Giants !! :yes::yes::yes:

:suds::clap::thrasher::boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're saying lower back stiffness.

My take on this is that at 30 his body can't bend or contort like he could at 20 or 21. As he gets older he's going to have to adjust to what he can and can not do.

van_basten

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't thinking about the mound. I was just wondering in general if Tim does well as a reliever because it seems easier to him. I imagine that happens with a lot of former starters (like Gagne, Eckersley, Affeldt).

Timmy's ERA as a reliever is even worse than his starting ERA during the regular season so I am not sure it's easier to him. I am just hoping maybe he has that mentality to step up in the postseason. As the two right handed receivers strickland and machi are struggling, Timmy might be used in some tight situation going forward.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal is there anyway you could add more time for me to edit my stories. It won't let me edit after only like 5 minutes. If I take too long to write my story it also shuts down and I have to start over. Kind of a catch 22 for me.

If you could add five or ten minutes I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did what we needed to do.....got one in KC.

Not happy with the way the bully looked, but it was one of those nights.

Hudson>Guthrie
Vogey>Vargas
Bum>Shields

Just hope the Offense comes to play. Time for Buster to break out with a big game.

Go Giants!

jeep99tj

Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We did what we needed to do.....got one in KC.

Not happy with the way the bully looked, but it was one of those nights.

Hudson>Guthrie
Vogey>Vargas
Bum>Shields

Just hope the Offense comes to play. Time for Buster to break out with a big game.

Go Giants!

We made it a 5 game series with home field. Royals will find playing in our park defensively a little harder then theirs. THud and Vogie need to step up so MadBum can get the clincher at home.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cal is there anyway you could add more time for me to edit my stories. It won't let me edit after only like 5 minutes. If I take too long to write my story it also shuts down and I have to start over. Kind of a catch 22 for me.

If you could add five or ten minutes I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Short of Cal changing this, you can always write it in Word or some word processing program, then copy and paste into SportsHoopla.