• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the 4th goalie on the Flyers is the upgrade they are looking for

I wonder if they'd take a flier on Neuvy though. Not going to get Skinner or Faulk for him obviously, but he's shown he can be a good goalie. He's just rarely healthy and sometimes terrible haha.

But what if you did Neuvy and #19 for Skinner? I would consider that. He's got 1 more year @ 5.75. He's scored 30+ three times in his career. Give him some more offensive talent around him or maybe he just had down year. I think he could really thrive with the Flyers.

From a Canes perspective, obviously they want to address goaltending, Nevuy is a cheap option with a chance of a good reward. Go in to the season with Darling and Neuvy, maybe one of them finds a good groove next year. Then #19 might be the most valuable piece of this trade 2-3 years from now.

Would be an interesting starting point I think.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if they'd take a flier on Neuvy though. Not going to get Skinner or Faulk for him obviously, but he's shown he can be a good goalie. He's just rarely healthy and sometimes terrible haha.

But what if you did Neuvy and #19 for Skinner? I would consider that. He's got 1 more year @ 5.75. He's scored 30+ three times in his career. Give him some more offensive talent around him or maybe he just had down year. I think he could really thrive with the Flyers.

From a Canes perspective, obviously they want to address goaltending, Nevuy is a cheap option with a chance of a good reward. Go in to the season with Darling and Neuvy, maybe one of them finds a good groove next year. Then #19 might be the most valuable piece of this trade 2-3 years from now.

Would be an interesting starting point I think.
Does this say Neuvy and Patrick (#19) for Skinner? Because if it does i think you had way too much to drink today.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinner is a decent player but if you gave up Patrick I think we would be giving up the better player. He was awesome in the 2nd half last year when he finally got healthy. Skinner doesn't really replace a need we don't already have.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awaz is talking about the Flyers' 1st round pick #19. Geez.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep yep, JBM is on it. Should've clarified, 1st round pick #19 in 2018.

I'd want a hell of a lot more than Jeff Skinner for Patrick haha. About the only thing I would consider from Carolina would be Aho.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep yep, JBM is on it. Should've clarified, 1st round pick #19 in 2018.

I'd want a hell of a lot more than Jeff Skinner for Patrick haha. About the only thing I would consider from Carolina would be Aho.
I'm not sure Neuvy and the 19th pick gets Skinner.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but I hope your not counting Mrazek as one of the top three.
I was based off last year's depth chart. Obviously Mrazek won't be back. But Lyon may still be 4th goalie on depth chart next year depending on if Hexy brings in another goalie and how well Hart plays.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was based off last year's depth chart. Obviously Mrazek won't be back. But Lyon may still be 4th goalie on depth chart next year depending on if Hexy brings in another goalie and how well Hart plays.
With Nuevy, Elliot and Lyon i'm not sure Hexy is bringing in anymore goalies unless one is traded. We wont see Hart until 2019-20 season.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Nuevy, Elliot and Lyon i'm not sure Hexy is bringing in anymore goalies unless one is traded. We wont see Hart until 2019-20 season.
right, I don't we will see Hart next year either. But in terms of organizational depth, I believe he physically above Lyon. I don't belive Neuvy is on the team next year. He will be dumped for a low pick. I think the Flyers will start the year with Elliott and whoever Hexy signs or trades for.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, that seems to be the case. I'm OK with it from a roster/cap space position, but in terms of on ice talent, he should be in the press box all season. I don't trust Hakstol to make that happen though.

Though, in Hak's defense, that will depend on who they bring in this summer. If Frost doesn't take a spot in the fall, I'm not sure there's a far and away better AHL guy that i'd rather have on the ice than Lehtera. I'd like to see Vechione, they seem high on Aube-Kubel, they've been high on Bardreau in the past, but none of those guys really blow me away. The might be better than Lehtera, but it's not like they're blocking a potential all-star by having Lehtera in the lineup.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitals dominated in every aspect of the game last night except they stunk on the PP and lost to a team they played way better than. Home ice advantage means nothing in this series.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect guys like Lindblom, Sanheim, Myers and Vecchione to make the big squad out of camp, but probably not Frost or Hart. It is a nice thought, but just too soon for Hexy.

Other guys like Stolarz and Morin that have shown flashes, but also were often injured and will be seeking new contracts, are more of a complete mystery.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect guys like Lindblom, Sanheim, Myers and Vecchione to make the big squad out of camp, but probably not Frost or Hart. It is a nice thought, but just too soon for Hexy.

Other guys like Stolarz and Morin that have shown flashes, but also were often injured and will be seeking new contracts, are more of a complete mystery.

Sounds like Morin is out 6 months after the latest surgery. So he won't be an option until December at the earliest. And he really won't have played much hockey in over a year at that point. I don't think Morin is much of a threat to crack the Flyers roster next season at this point.