• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand this as his future here was limited, but I'll credit the guy he was one of our better players in his role this year. Sure someone will pick him up.
Not sure if anyone will pick him up with that salary. thinking he ends up in LV

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone will pick him up with that salary. thinking he ends up in LV

Meltz says it seems like Fletcher has reason to believe Weise will get claimed.

If that comes to fruition, more $$ to spend this summer.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree a culture change is needed, although I don't think that means it has to involve a complete house cleaning. What is needed, in my opinion, is improving overall team leadership. I was b1tching about Giroux's leadership one night recently and someone asked me, "So who SHOULD be captain?" The reality is that there is no one else on this team who is a good leader. Couts is a good player but not a leader. Simmonds may lead a bit in the locker room but sure doesn't lead by example on the ice. MacDonald? Jesus H. Christ. So, to answer awaz's question about who to bring in, here's my list picking from the potential free agent pool:

1) D Erik Karlsson - former C of the Sens
2) RW Mark Stone - de facto C of the Sens
3) C/LW Anders Lee - current C of the Isles
4) D Anton Stralman - doesn't wear a letter but has proven ability to be a steadying veteran and mentor

So I can agree, to a point, that a culture change is needed. But you can change culture by bringing people in, as you reference. The team needs some winners honestly. Doesn't necessarily mean you need to get rid of what you have, but here's what the Flyers playoff series wins look like.

Giroux: 5 (last one in 2012)
Voracek: 1 (2012)
Couturier: 1 (2012)
JvR: 5 (2012)
Lehtera: 3 (2017)
Simmonds: 1 (2012)
Weise: 3 (2015)
Elliot: 3 (2016)

Total: 22 playoff series wins

12 of those playoff series wins came as members of the Flyers, which was most recently done in 2012. And the 3 guys that have won since 2012, most likely won't be on the team next year (Lehtera, Weise, Elliot)

That's not a lot of winning. What the team needs is to bring in some winners. That can change the culture without getting rid of the talent. So, while I like the players you list there, none of them have done much winning either. Stralman has done some, and may do more this year, so I like him best of the bunch honestly.

When you add 'winning', and recently, to your list of needs, the UFA pool becomes a little thinner. Perhaps Myers (WPG) counts, depending on how far they get this year. In fact, that might be something you need to look for in a trade.

And IMO, the letters on the sweaters are about as meaningful as what we post on here. Leaders don't have to wear letters. Stripping G of the C does nothing except piss G and his friends off. I'd rather trade G than strip the C. (and we all know how little I want to trade G)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I can agree, to a point, that a culture change is needed. But you can change culture by bringing people in, as you reference. The team needs some winners honestly. Doesn't necessarily mean you need to get rid of what you have, but here's what the Flyers playoff series wins look like.

Giroux: 5 (last one in 2012)
Voracek: 1 (2012)
Couturier: 1 (2012)
JvR: 5 (2012)
Lehtera: 3 (2017)
Simmonds: 1 (2012)
Weise: 3 (2015)
Elliot: 3 (2016)

Total: 22 playoff series wins

12 of those playoff series wins came as members of the Flyers, which was most recently done in 2012. And the 3 guys that have won since 2012, most likely won't be on the team next year (Lehtera, Weise, Elliot)

That's not a lot of winning. What the team needs is to bring in some winners. That can change the culture without getting rid of the talent. So, while I like the players you list there, none of them have done much winning either. Stralman has done some, and may do more this year, so I like him best of the bunch honestly.

When you add 'winning', and recently, to your list of needs, the UFA pool becomes a little thinner. Perhaps Myers (WPG) counts, depending on how far they get this year. In fact, that might be something you need to look for in a trade.

And IMO, the letters on the sweaters are about as meaningful as what we post on here. Leaders don't have to wear letters. Stripping G of the C does nothing except piss G and his friends off. I'd rather trade G than strip the C. (and we all know how little I want to trade G)

And you'll notice the 'veteran presence' himself, Andrew MacDonald, doesn't show up on the list. IMO, veteran presence means nothing if they haven't won something.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart is starting tomorrow night against the Bruins.