• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want you to give him the respect he deserves. There used to be good hockey talk on this board, now it's just garbage takes on how bad all the Flyers players are that have ever shown any kind of promise in the NHL. It's trash man. These guys have proven they're good hockey players. You can be tired of them, and want fresh blood in, but they aren't bad hockey players.

If they were as bad as you think, what kind of return are they going to get for these guys? If they're so bad, do you think you're the only one that realizes they're bad and you're going to swindle someone to take them? Jesus, the way you talk about them they shouldn't even return 3rd round picks.
The team is trash so the board should be turning to trash talk about every player on the team. If you want to have your Orange colored glasses on so be it but dont try to talk about people bashing a team that's in last place and 30th of 32 teams. This team is terrible and should be called out. If they arent bad hockey players what are they because you cant have a team full of good hockey players and be 30th of 32 teams.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to me, Hak's firing and tagging Gordon as the interim coach for the rest of the season, seems to indicate Fletcher is looking at next year more than this year at this point. That relieves me. I was worried about a desperation, future mortgaging, move to try to make the playoffs this year. And at this point in the season, with where the Flyers are and how they've played, that would be silly to me.

So now I assume, Hart gets some games here to see how he handles them while everyone else is hurt. He gets a taste of the NHL so he knows what he's getting in to, and the Flyers know where he stands. Gordon gets interim status to take them the rest of the way this year and get a different voice behind the bench. I would assume Simmonds will be traded as a deadline/sell type move, and they'll be active in the offseason.

Spezza, Bobrovsky, Stone, E. Karlsson, Eberle, Duchene, Pavelski, Panarin, Varlamov, Skinner, Myers, Bouwmeester, Howard, Hayes, Brassard, Simmonds and more are all UFA's this summer. The cap will be at least $78M, which leaves the Flyers, conservatively, with $26.5M in cap space needing to sign 7 forwards, 3 dmen and a goalie. Notable, in a potential re-sign way, are Raffl, Laughton, Konecny, Provorov, and Sanheim. So it will be a good year to go shopping.

You hang on to your 1st round pick and maybe Simmonds can return you a 1st round pick. Two high picks in a top heavy draft would not be a bad thing. Hell, if it's a top 5 pick, those guys might be good enough to track the roster as early as next year.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is trash so the board should be turning to trash talk about every player on the team. If you want to have your Orange colored glasses on so be it but dont try to talk about people bashing a team that's in last place and 30th of 32 teams. This team is terrible and should be called out. If they arent bad hockey players what are they because you cant have a team full of good hockey players and be 30th of 32 teams.

Unless your coaching sucks. Which is and has been my position this whole time.

There is also the ability for good players to play poorly, which I've also said I think is happening. Trading good players that are playing poorly is how you get Matt Ellison for Patrick Sharp. Or a 3rd round pick for Sergei Bobrovsky.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your coaching sucks. Which is and has been my position this whole time.

There is also the ability for good players to play poorly, which I've also said I think is happening. Trading good players that are playing poorly is how you get Matt Ellison for Patrick Sharp. Or a 3rd round pick for Sergei Bobrovsky.
Trading players that haven't been past the first round in 6 years is acceptable because they aren't playing poorly they are playing to the best of their ability its just not even close to good enough.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. I'm done arguing with you. Trading your most talented players sure seems like a good way to get worse. I'd rather acquire more good players instead of get rid of the good ones we have. But if you disagree, so be it.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get a few things very very clear. No one is safe from trade. Why do I say this? If Wayne Gretzky can be traded...anyone can be traded. I am not calling for the trade of just anyone, but if you have read my posts you know that there are some I would gladly help pack...

I really hope that one thing that happens over the remainder of this season, the offseason is that the Flyers actually put together a real NHL roster. There are too many fringe, borderline AHL/NHL players being relied on. Jordan Weal, Lehtera and Weiss...the league has passed by more or less (although Weiss has shown he can still play a bit). Phil Varone? Christian Frolin? AMac, Gudas....
There are too many players who are being expected to carry the mail who should be the injury call up.

I wonder how many players will be showcased or how many have already been?

If a move is to be made before the Christmas trade freeze, it will have to be soon. I can feel a "lose for Hughes" mentality starting to form...or at the very least...loose now to win next year. Think about it. Next year Morgan Frost and Isaac Ratliffe are banging on the door to be in the NHL. Sam Morin will hopefully be healthy. Phillipe Myers could graduate. The team gets faster, more skill, with the right system...dangerous.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get a few things very very clear. No one is safe from trade. Why do I say this? If Wayne Gretzky can be traded...anyone can be traded. I am not calling for the trade of just anyone, but if you have read my posts you know that there are some I would gladly help pack...

I really hope that one thing that happens over the remainder of this season, the offseason is that the Flyers actually put together a real NHL roster. There are too many fringe, borderline AHL/NHL players being relied on. Jordan Weal, Lehtera and Weiss...the league has passed by more or less (although Weiss has shown he can still play a bit). Phil Varone? Christian Frolin? AMac, Gudas....
There are too many players who are being expected to carry the mail who should be the injury call up.

I wonder how many players will be showcased or how many have already been?

If a move is to be made before the Christmas trade freeze, it will have to be soon. I can feel a "lose for Hughes" mentality starting to form...or at the very least...loose now to win next year. Think about it. Next year Morgan Frost and Isaac Ratliffe are banging on the door to be in the NHL. Sam Morin will hopefully be healthy. Phillipe Myers could graduate. The team gets faster, more skill, with the right system...dangerous.
"Trust the Process." ~ Joel Embiid

I have mentioned this twice that tanking for Hughes is a possibility and was quickly shot down here. Now it's looking more like a reality each and every game. We shall see. And I hate losing, but imagine having a game changing elite forward for years to come and helping Giroux and co. Out.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have mentioned this twice that tanking for Hughes is a possibility and was quickly shot down here. Now it's looking more like a reality each and every game. We shall see. And I hate losing, but imagine having a game changing elite forward for years to come and helping Giroux and co. Out.

I'll shoot it down again too. It would be an absolute fucking disgrace for this team as currently constructed to finish dead last in the Nhl this season and even then, our odds of getting the #1 overall pick would only be 18.5%.

In fact, the chances of the top pick going to even any of the three worst teams is only 43.5%, so tanking for one player in the Nhl no longer pays off the way it used to.

Of all teams, we should know this, after jumping a ton of spots to 2nd overall and selecting Patrick. That season, we were paid off for going hard right to the end.

None of that matters anyway because Fletcher was brought in to help this team win NOW. Why? Because the players recently look like they are tanking. Well, with Hakstol gone, now the onus is on them. If they don't right the ship here, guys will be shipped out left and right until we have a team that plays hard all night long.

I suspect that we're going to start seeing something that resembles the team we know and love here pretty soon, as opposed to this complete trash we've had to watch here recently.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll shoot it down again too. It would be an absolute fucking disgrace for this team as currently constructed to finish dead last in the Nhl this season and even then, our odds of getting the #1 overall pick would only be 18.5%.

In fact, the chances of the top pick going to even any of the three worst teams is only 43.5%, so tanking for one player in the Nhl no longer pays off the way it used to.

Of all teams, we should know this, after jumping a ton of spots to 2nd overall and selecting Patrick. That season, we were paid off for going hard right to the end.

None of that matters anyway because Fletcher was brought in to help this team win NOW. Why? Because the players recently look like they are tanking. Well, with Hakstol gone, now the onus is on them. If they don't right the ship here, guys will be shipped out left and right until we have a team that plays hard all night long.

I suspect that we're going to start seeing something that resembles the team we know and love here pretty soon, as opposed to this complete trash we've had to watch here recently.
Totally agree we should start seeing some effort now as there are no more excuses. Let's see what they do. Maybe they'll play better team D if Hart's in there no vet wants to see a kid get slaughtered. Crossing my fingers...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree we should start seeing some effort now as there are no more excuses. Let's see what they do. Maybe they'll play better team D if Hart's in there no vet wants to see a kid get slaughtered. Crossing my fingers...

There's that too, although Hart may be able to take the heat regardless. Scott Gordon's job isn't on the line either, it's each and every one of the players, especially the veterans. Only G has any significant no-movement clause and he's leading the charge to be better anyway. Guys like Voracek, JvR, Simmonds, Ghost, Provy and Patrick can absolutely do more.

I highly doubt that all or most of our players will continue to underperform for the rest of the season, forcing Fletcher to trade them out of here one by one. Simmonds might soon be gone, but he can pretty much blame himself for that and JvR/Patrick should realistically be able to pick up the slack and then some.

No more sulking after we get scored on. It's time to go balls to the wall no matter what happens. The passion and spirit of Flyers hockey needs to return and that's right at the drop of every puck.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever man. I'm done arguing with you. Trading your most talented players sure seems like a good way to get worse. I'd rather acquire more good players instead of get rid of the good ones we have. But if you disagree, so be it.
Get worse? How much worse can you get than being 30th of 32 teams?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are already tanking for Hughes :lol: Trust the process!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of getting rid of the coach if your going to leave the idiot PK coach and the moron PP coach there.....

This makes no damn sense.

Gordon is gonna get the shaft with this trail by fire shit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the point of getting rid of the coach if your going to leave the idiot PK coach and the moron PP coach there.....

This makes no damn sense.

Gordon is gonna get the shaft with this trail by fire shit.

My guess is this is just a stop gap until they replace the whole staff. That's why they only named an interim coach as well. I don't think you typically see a full overhaul with interim tags.

Still frustrating of course, but IMO they're just plugging the holes in the boat to get it to the end of the season before they overhaul things.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is this is just a stop gap until they replace the whole staff. That's why they only named an interim coach as well. I don't think you typically see a full overhaul with interim tags.

Still frustrating of course, but IMO they're just plugging the holes in the boat to get it to the end of the season before they overhaul things.

Then maybe they should shit our get off the pot......

This team needs to begin a new system now.....it's not as if they have a snowball's chance in hell this year anyways.
Patch working things is just going to lead to more failure on a team that hasn't much more room any more failures.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then maybe they should shit our get off the pot......

This team needs to begin a new system now.....it's not as if they have a snowball's chance in hell this year anyways.
Patch working things is just going to lead to more failure on a team that hasn't much more room any more failures.
Should just clean house as they should've done when Hexy got shit canned.