• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really worried about the prospect of playing Carter Hart on Tuesday. Frankly...who the hell else can they turn too?
Neuvirth's wife still hasn't given birth...Elliot is still not even able to practice....Stolarz is out 2 - 4 weeks and they sent Lyon back to the minors.

Who is going to even dress in goal? Hart and who else?

Putting Carter Hart behind this team in this chaos is a massive mistake. Unless it is made very clear to him that they in no way will judge him on what happens because as an organization, they know that this is a train wreck...but there is no sign of them, as an organization, admitting it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th of 8 teams in our division
16th out of 16 teams in our conference
30th of 32 teams in the league

What are we waiting for to blow this team up? I hope its only until the deadline.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Puss 2 game weekend stats:

0 goals
0 assists
0 hits
1 blocked shot
4 shots
MINUS 6

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really worried about the prospect of playing Carter Hart on Tuesday. Frankly...who the hell else can they turn too?
Neuvirth's wife still hasn't given birth...Elliot is still not even able to practice....Stolarz is out 2 - 4 weeks and they sent Lyon back to the minors.

Who is going to even dress in goal? Hart and who else?

Putting Carter Hart behind this team in this chaos is a massive mistake. Unless it is made very clear to him that they in no way will judge him on what happens because as an organization, they know that this is a train wreck...but there is no sign of them, as an organization, admitting it.
This is assuming he doesnt play well. What happens if he comes up and plays like a star?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go, Seravali confirms Hak out. I believe him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awaz...I have been gone a while but you sure will go to war for this org these days haha. I think how they have been run is embarrassing. For that kind of stuff to leak is so unprofessional and truly unfair to Hack. Whatever you think about Hack, if you think he was given adequate talent to coach a winning club and deserves this kind of exit I think you are wrong. (When i say 'you' I mean fanbase in general not you Awaz haha). It's just sad, now we are bringing up the goalie to appease who? The unruly fanbase? This is the type of situation that you bring your only hope of turning around the goalie curse into??!?! It's desperate and wreaks of it. It also signals to me that these cronies at Comcast may have more power than the Holmgren's of the world may want you to believe.

Honestly I was really on board with Hextall's plan. Make smart moves to help the future for a few seasons, but don't tear it all down so you still have a somewhat exciting team that can make the playoffs. And from most accounts, he did a damn could job preparing the team for the future. Good young players, well stocked pipeline, plenty of cap space. The team was/is set up to start turning in to a competitor IMO.

This offseason Hextall bet on Elliot/Neuvy and that Lappy could turn around the PK. He was wrong, and he did nothing to fix it. Hextall should've fired the coach at least a month ago, while he was still in charge. Right or wrong, the coach is the first thing to go on an underperforming team. And that's exactly what they Flyers are, an underperforming team. Giroux is performing to standards. Provorov and Ghost, top 2 defensemen, WAY under performing. Jake, Simmonds, JvR, all under performing what they have proven they are capable of. They aren't bad players, they are a team full of underperforming players. When that is the case, the coach should be fired. If only to change up the dynamic, it has to be done. It wasn't. Hextall got fired. Partially because he failed this offseason, partially because he wouldn't address the on-ice product.

And for me, you have to have some kind of belief in the top of the organization, and be willing to defend them, then you're in for a serious amount of torture. Because 'the organization' is what doesn't go away. Players, coaches, GMs, they all come and go. The top of the organization is the team's identity. Ed Snider was the team's identity and I think we all loved him. He entrusted the team's identity to Holmgren (and sounds like Clarke is still involved).

Lastly, 'the organization' isn't going anywhere. Focusing on them isn't going to get us anywhere. Not that a message board really does anything, but I'd rather talk about things that might change. Players, coaches, GM's can change. The organization isn't going to.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Gordon named interim HC.

Logical move. Assuming they hire a permanent head coach (Q?) in the relatively near future, they want to at least leave the option open for the new HC to bring in his own staff. The new guy can come in, Gordon can go back to the Phantoms, and the rest of the staff can be retained or let go. If you make one of the assistants the interim HC it could be seen as a vote of confidence in that person, only to pull the rug out from under him in a few weeks.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally
They're obviously waiting for Q. But couldn't wait any longer

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long will it be before Q is on the hot seat?

Hak was the 4th longest tenured coach in the NHL and coached the 3rd most games for the Flyers franchise. He had plenty of leash.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hak was the 4th longest tenured coach in the NHL and coached the 3rd most games for the Flyers franchise. He had plenty of leash.
Lavi
Berube
Haks
Next up to the hot seat Mr Joel Quenneville

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavi
Berube
Haks

That's how it works Las. The Flyers aren't the only ones. That's why I'm saying Hak was 4th longest tenured in the league. You think the other 27 coaches got to see a roster turnover in the tenure? Because they didn't. Look at Q, arguably a top 3 coach in NHL history and he got fired instead of the Hawks turning over their roster.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavi
Berube
Haks

Also still waiting for your example of a team that traded their star(s) and got better.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paraphrased from Fletch..

- Expects Gordon to coach the team the rest of the year, but with an interim tag.
- Elliot is week to week, sounds like more long term (talk that they expect him to return at some point this season)
- Assistants will stay in place :mad2:
- Hart up, "How long with it be his net?" - "remains to be seen". Sounds like he's going to start tomorrow.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also still waiting for your example of a team that traded their star(s) and got better.
What stars do we have that we are trading because if you call our core stars you are sadly mistaken. If you only mean offensive stars Gee is the only one that fits into that category and he is 16th in the league in scoring. The others aren't even in the top 80.So again what stars are we trading?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stars do we have that we are trading because if you call our core stars you are sadly mistaken. If you only mean offensive stars Gee is the only one that fits into that category and he is 16th in the league in scoring. The others aren't even in the top 80.So again what stars are we trading?

I feel like I can't even talk to you any more man. Giroux is god damned star in this league. If you don't agree with this then you don't know shit about hockey. Not just an 'offensive star'. He's the best offensive player the Flyers have had since Lindros and he's the 2nd best defensive forward on the team right now. The PK's improvement coincides perfectly with Giroux taking a more predominant role on it. You think that's a coincidence? He's a high level defensive player and a star offensively. Making him a star in this league.

The rest we could argue about, but if they suck so damn bad, then why would anybody trade for them and how would the Flyers get better by trading them? We're not going to trade the players you think are dog shit and turn them in to William Nylander and Artemi Panarin. That's not how trades work.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he
I feel like I can't even talk to you any more man. Giroux is god damned star in this league. If you don't agree with this then you don't know shit about hockey. Not just an 'offensive star'. He's the best offensive player the Flyers have had since Lindros and he's the 2nd best defensive forward on the team right now. The PK's improvement coincides perfectly with Giroux taking a more predominant role on it. He's a high level defensive player and a star offensively.

The rest we could argue about, but if they suck so damn bad, then why would anybody trade for them and how would the Flyers get better by trading them?
What good is having a star of a last place team and a team that is 30th best in the league. Get off his jock already and lets start the process of getting better not staying the same or getting worse.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he

What good is having a star of a last place team and a team that is 30th best in the league. Get off his jock already and lets start the process of getting better not staying the same or getting worse.

I just want you to give him the respect he deserves. There used to be good hockey talk on this board, now it's just garbage takes on how bad all the Flyers players are that have ever shown any kind of promise in the NHL. It's trash man. These guys have proven they're good hockey players. You can be tired of them, and want fresh blood in, but they aren't bad hockey players.

If they were as bad as you think, what kind of return are they going to get for these guys? If they're so bad, do you think you're the only one that realizes they're bad and you're going to swindle someone to take them? Jesus, the way you talk about them they shouldn't even return 3rd round picks.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I can't even talk to you any more man. Giroux is god damned star in this league. If you don't agree with this then you don't know shit about hockey. Not just an 'offensive star'. He's the best offensive player the Flyers have had since Lindros and he's the 2nd best defensive forward on the team right now. The PK's improvement coincides perfectly with Giroux taking a more predominant role on it. You think that's a coincidence? He's a high level defensive player and a star offensively. Making him a star in this league.

The rest we could argue about, but if they suck so damn bad, then why would anybody trade for them and how would the Flyers get better by trading them? We're not going to trade the players you think are dog shit and turn them in to William Nylander and Artemi Panarin. That's not how trades work.

Ding, ding ding!! We have a winner!!

Maybe now you understand why I muted this guy ages ago.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that old saying. Don't argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If you blow up this team now, get ready to be in a true rebuilding phase for many years. No playoffs, no hope, no end in sight, no nothing. That and Q won't sign on for it either. He wants to win asap.