• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: Does Hakstol ever have the Flyers run their power play in practice?

It looks a lot like we're never going to score again.

We have better chances shorthanded...Lol

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring an absolute drubbing in the very next game, Hakstol probably has through the end of this upcoming road trip to prove he can steady the ship. If not, Quenneville will be taking over. And so, Christmas may come a few days early for all of us.

From that moment on, it's all on the players. Start shipping them out one by one if they don't want to go 100% balls to the wall, especially in front of their loyal fans on home ice.

This is embarrassing and a fortunate extra point gained tonight does not change that one bit.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become beyond ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's coaching or we just don't have a good mix of personnel on the the roster? We have a lot of talent, but it's not working for whatever reason? As someone said recently, this team is frustrating to watch. So I ask you this, do We continue to moving forward with this staff and players or is a trade in the works? Did our PP even do anything last night? Ugh!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has become beyond ridiculous. I'm not sure if it's coaching or we just don't have a good mix of personnel on the the roster? We have a lot of talent, but it's not working for whatever reason? As someone said recently, this team is frustrating to watch. So I ask you this, do We continue to moving forward with this staff and players or is a trade in the works? Did our PP even do anything last night? Ugh!

Time to switch up the lines

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure the next step is all of the coaches get fired. Then an All-Star crew of staff will be brought in, including Joel Quenneville. From that point on, players that are deemed to be not making the grade will just be slowly traded away one by one.

I have zero issue with any of this at this point. Like probably many of you, I am completely fed up with this group of pussies. We're way better man to man and as a whole than our record shows. I think even previous seasons have proven that to be certain.

I'll give just a few key examples:

Ghost was +10 with 65 points last season. Now he's on pace to be -44 with 38 points.
Provy was +17 with 41 points. Now he's on pace for -13 with 28 points.
Voracek was +10 with 85 points. Now he's on pace for -25 and 66 points.
Simmonds was hurt and injured all of last year and by his standards was terrible with a -16 and 46 points. Well, he's on pace for -19 and 41 points this time around...Lol
JvR has missed much of the season to date, so perhaps he gets a pass, but his current ppg pace is at the lowest of his career.

These are supposed to be five of the very best players on our team, including pretty much our top d pairing and our second line. The only guys carrying their weight right now are our top line, Hagg, Sanheim and Gudas. You can make a case for maybe Raffl, Lindblom and Laughton, but these guys just haven't played much.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the next step is all of the coaches get fired. Then an All-Star crew of staff will be brought in, including Joel Quenneville. From that point on, players that are deemed to be not making the grade will just be slowly traded away one by one.

I have zero issue with any of this at this point. Like probably many of you, I am completely fed up with this group of pussies. We're way better man to man and as a whole than our record shows. I think even previous seasons have proven that to be certain.

I'll give just a few key examples:

Ghost was +10 with 65 points last season. Now he's on pace to be -44 with 38 points.
Provy was +17 with 41 points. Now he's on pace for -13 with 28 points.
Voracek was +10 with 85 points. Now he's on pace for -25 and 66 points.
Simmonds was hurt and injured all of last year and by his standards was terrible with a -16 and 46 points. Well, he's on pace for -19 and 41 points this time around...Lol
JvR has missed much of the season to date, so perhaps he gets a pass, but his current ppg pace is at the lowest of his career.

These are supposed to be five of the very best players on our team, including pretty much our top d pairing and our second line. The only guys carrying their weight right now are our top line, Hagg, Sanheim and Gudas. You can make a case for maybe Raffl, Lindblom and Laughton, but these guys just haven't played much.
Wow. That's mindbogglin. My next question is why is our newest asst giving high praise to all of our coaching staff? It's a shi t show. He honestly can't be serious about Haks, Laps, etc being a good coaching staff.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to switch up the lines

Hakstol has already done this numerous times throughout the season.

If Nolan Patrick would just play like the "can't miss" center we knew we were getting at #2 overall, maybe we'd have more than one true scoring line right now. That would helps things out quite a bit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's mindbogglin. My next question is why is our newest asst giving high praise to all of our coaching staff? It's a shi t show. He honestly can't be serious about Haks, Laps, etc being a good coaching staff.

I don't know what exactly has been said in that regard, but I don't put any stock in it either. Homer clearly fired Hexy because of our lack of performance and inability to make any gains THIS season. To me, that means Fletcher was brought in here to quickly evaluate what we have and then make the necessary changes right away, not at the deadline or in the offseason...NOW. That means fire anyone that needs to be fired and tweak the roster as many times as necessary to get results. Whether this means trades and/or calling players up from the minors has yet to be seen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Hexy here. He's done a lot of good for this franchise and set us up for a lot of future success (as a player and GM). We could talk about that for days, but if he wasn't willing to make drastic changes now to snap us out of this Jekyll and Hyde trend we have as a team, then that's exactly why he was fired.

I'm not talking about selling the farm. I'm talking about firing/hiring people or making trades/call ups until this team resembles something we can be proud of moving forward.

We're literally a decent team every other season. There is no progress from one season to the next and with as much young talent as we have, that's unacceptable.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shake this shit up!!!! :nod: :nod:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nolan Patrick 9 points and minus three. That just isn't what i was expecting out of a number 2 pick in the draft.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nolan Patrick 9 points and minus three. That just isn't what i was expecting out of a number 2 pick in the draft.
I know another 2nd overall pick in the draft...:sigh:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give Awaz some credit as the PK has looked a lot better with Gee on it thus creating more pressure you were asking for.

Now that i've given you credit let me say this with a warning as it hurt us in the Ottawa game when Gee was too tired get back on his man late in the third. The warning is we should know from our goalies being ridden to hard and getting hurt. Gee is not a spring chicken and is now playing PP PK and 5 on 5 dont burn him out and hurt his stock.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just trying to fit in lol. This team fuckin sucks under our current staff.