• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could find rumors floating around. Will something happen before or after christmas?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know another 2nd overall pick in the draft...:sigh:

Yeah, JvR obviously. The irony of it is that we should've had the #1 pick that draft, which of course was Kane, a true superstar who eventually ended up scoring the Cup-clinching goal against us in the Finals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our next 5 games on the road against good teams. Yikes! Hopefully they pull into December mode and win 4 out of 5.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked around and couldn't find any not even rumors about firing the coach.
thanks for checking. Btw, you are a tech guy, no? I'm looking for a nice Christmas gift for the wife and I was interested in knowing more about the Echo Show 2nd ed.? I was trying to find the differences between the Echo Show and Facebook portal? Any ideas?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to something awaz said recently about selling high, buying low, the first guy I would be inquiring about is Cam Talbot from Edm. Talbot has had significant success in the league in the past, but is struggling this year and losing starts to Koskinen. He's a UFA after the season so Edm should just be happy to get something for him before they lose him for nothing. For the Flyers, he's a risk but a small one, and if he doesn't play well they can cut bait in the offseason. If he plays well, you have a leg up on other teams to get him signed.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following article is spot on, in my opinion.

Firing Ron Hextall was a premature panic move by Paul Holmgren and the Flyers

As they say though, it will probably work out in the end anyway, but that's because Hexy has put this team in an excellent cap situation and left us completely stacked with picks/prospects at all positions.

Hakstol should still be on a very hot seat. This team can do way more than it has shown to date this season.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not be as easy as it seems. Maybe the Flyers have already contacted Quenneville and he told them he wanted the remainder of the season off to spend time with his family. You would have to respect that.

So then do you fire Hakstol now anyway and hire some guy you don't like near as much or do you ride this out?

In the short term at least, you instill some confidence in what we have now and watch them closely in the coming weeks.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for checking. Btw, you are a tech guy, no? I'm looking for a nice Christmas gift for the wife and I was interested in knowing more about the Echo Show 2nd ed.? I was trying to find the differences between the Echo Show and Facebook portal? Any ideas?
I know some about tech but i'm not a tech guy. Awaz is the techie. They are both nice gifts. You can check out some comparisons on this: How Google’s new Home Hub compares to the Echo Show and Facebook Portal

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to something awaz said recently about selling high, buying low, the first guy I would be inquiring about is Cam Talbot from Edm. Talbot has had significant success in the league in the past, but is struggling this year and losing starts to Koskinen. He's a UFA after the season so Edm should just be happy to get something for him before they lose him for nothing. For the Flyers, he's a risk but a small one, and if he doesn't play well they can cut bait in the offseason. If he plays well, you have a leg up on other teams to get him signed.
I went back and forth with Awaz the other day about getting him in our uniform for the devils 2019 3rd round pick which we own and our 2019 4th round pick and he said they would never take that as compensation for Talbot. Do you think that we could get him for that.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since i hit with gee last night im on a roll.

Ill take:
Simmer -Saturday and
Gee on Sunday

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and forth with Awaz the other day about getting him in our uniform for the devils 2019 3rd round pick which we own and our 2019 4th round pick and he said they would never take that as compensation for Talbot. Do you think that we could get him for that.

Heh, sorry, must have missed it while on my last monthly sabbatical! :suds:

Anyway, I think it depends on what state a team is in as to whether or not they'd be looking for draft picks. In this case Edmonton's GM probably knows he's on the hot seat, so he'd probably be looking for more immediate NHL help than draft picks provide.

My first question would be do they need a back-up goalie in return or do they have someone close to being ready on the farm? If not figure you at least have to throw in maybe Alex Lyon. What does Edmonton need most? I think it's RHD. Folin probably isn't an upgrade. Gudas is playing well and may not have enough value anyway. No way I'm moving Myers. I wonder if Mark Friedman and Lyon would get it done? Friedman is probably close to being NHL ready and has some decent upside as a prospect.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, sorry, must have missed it while on my last monthly sabbatical! :suds:

Anyway, I think it depends on what state a team is in as to whether or not they'd be looking for draft picks. In this case Edmonton's GM probably knows he's on the hot seat, so he'd probably be looking for more immediate NHL help than draft picks provide.

My first question would be do they need a back-up goalie in return or do they have someone close to being ready on the farm? If not figure you at least have to throw in maybe Alex Lyon. What does Edmonton need most? I think it's RHD. Folin probably isn't an upgrade. Gudas is playing well and may not have enough value anyway. No way I'm moving Myers. I wonder if Mark Friedman and Lyon would get it done? Friedman is probably close to being NHL ready and has some decent upside as a prospect.
This makes sense that they wouldn't accept the draft picks because they need immediate help. Awaz was adamant that the draft picks wouldnt be enough because Talbot is way better than a third and fourth round picks and i disagreed that he is their backup goalie that they would take that for him.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dudes, traveling this week so I haven’t been able to post much.

Couple of things, probably out of order..

1. I like the idea of targeting Talbot. I think they’re looking for help now though. Hence draft picks not being that valuable. Simmonds could be an option. Pending UFA for lending UFA. Or as JBM said something on defense.

2. Lots of talk about ‘trade this guy away’, I go a different direction and look to add a high character, veteran guy, that can bring leadership as well as good play. Elder, Kronwall, Hagelin would be guys I would consider. All UFAs in the summer; all on struggling teams that might be looking for draft pick / prospect compensation back. All have either won cups or had deep runs. I think this, coupled with Talbot and Elliot returning to health, could go a long way to getting some consistency.

3. Called up Varone today. Lots of talk from the beats about needing an extra body on the road trip, I kinda disagree. Fletcher said he wanted to look internally to try to fill holes. I could see Varone getting a shot at 3C. At least see what he’s got. He’s been playing great for the Phantoms. Probably not going to find a Star in a 28 year old journeyman AHLer, but I think Fletcher trying to figure out exactly what he’s got.

4. Well known that I don’t like the coaches, but I think they get the rest of the year, based on the press conferences and actions since Fletcher was hired.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart with his first pro shutout tonight! Hopefully the first of many!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday in taking TK and Sunday I'm taking Coots. Have a good weekend boys!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes sense that they wouldn't accept the draft picks because they need immediate help. Awaz was adamant that the draft picks wouldnt be enough because Talbot is way better than a third and fourth round picks and i disagreed that he is their backup goalie that they would take that for him.

What did we give up for Mrazek? I think it was a 3rd and 4th, with a bunch of conditions that I don’t remember offhand. So, if Edm were rebuilding would they take that for Talbot? On the one hand, I think Talbot has a better overall body of work than Mrazek had. On the other hand, Talbot is an UFA whereas Mrazek was a RFA meaning the Flyers had more control over Mrazek than they would over Talbot. Assuming Talbot continues to play poorly, although I think he’s been playing better, Edm probably would be hoping to at least get a 2nd. Depending on the market they might have to settle for less. Maybe 2 3rds gets it done? So, not too far off of a 3rd and 4th. Perhaps a 3rd and 4th with conditions that could make it better? We’re all just guessing anyway.