• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Ghost and Provorov together is just not working.
Ghost's loose play makes Provorov's issues even worse.

A couple of quick corrections and notes: The Forsberg trade didn't directly get us Kimmo and Scotty Hockey game...it got the Flyers the 1st round pick that they traded back to Nashville for their rights.

Of the young to younger defensemen, Ghost may be the most expendable. It is strange to say, but he doesn't seem to have the spark skating that he had and he also seems no longer able to get his shots through. Without the offensive output, Ghosts loose defense and lack of size are not as easy to stomach.

Did JvR even dress for the Penguins game? Seriously....I really don't remember hearing his name once.
I was also wondering why JVR didn't play against Pitt. :10:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of that story and im trying to figure outr where i heard this before hmmmmm :clap:

Nor was the four-plus years of stagnated production. Even if you go back and see that teams with terrible records in each of the years of Hextall’s tenure – like Buffalo, Toronto and Colorado – and one that didn’t even exist before last season in Vegas all built themselves faster than the Flyers have.

And yet, while those teams are at or near the top of the standings and the Flyers are languishing in the basement of the Eastern Conference, proving that you don’t need to drag out a rebuild as long as Hextall originally thought, that also wasn’t the reason he was fired.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that stood out in a nice raod win against a divsion rival:

Macdonald 3 assts Plus 3 and 3 hits
Jake 1 goal 1 asst plus 2
Gee 1 goal plus 2 6 shots
Team hits 36 TK and Gudas 5 each Weise 4
Stolarz .938 Save Pct
JVR zero's across the board

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stats that stood out in a nice raod win against a divsion rival:

Macdonald 3 assts Plus 3 and 3 hits
Jake 1 goal 1 asst plus 2
Gee 1 goal plus 2 6 shots
Team hits 36 TK and Gudas 5 each Weise 4
Stolarz .938 Save Pct
JVR zero's across the board
You forgot our stellar dman pairing of Ghost and Provy -2 on the night.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers biggest problem is we have essentially a half AHL/NHL team. I think a lot of these kids were a little overhyped up by media and fans. Still don't know why Frost is killing it in the juniors but can't get a call up to the club? Is he a fragile bitch or what? Hoping new GM gets some real trades done and lose some dead weight for good.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers biggest problem is we have essentially a half AHL/NHL team. I think a lot of these kids were a little overhyped up by media and fans. Still don't know why Frost is killing it in the juniors but can't get a call up to the club? Is he a fragile bitch or what? Hoping new GM gets some real trades done and lose some dead weight for good.
If you'd like to have an inside look of what Frost will be doing for our team just look at Alex DeBricat of the Blackhawks. Same small type of forward and both tore up the OHL

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it’s going to be Chuck Fletcher.

I’m not real excited about that TBH. He’ll tinker a lot, but most of his tinkering didn’t accomplish a lot.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Fletcher it is. Fletcher will be out new GM according to TSN. I guess we will soon see what changes will be made.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not real excited about that TBH. He’ll tinker a lot, but most of his tinkering didn’t accomplish a lot.
Damn. You beat me a second, lol.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm reserving judgement until he releases Hakstol and brings in JQ.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would you hire if not Fletcher?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Fletcher....and how long until the first trade that makes you throw up in your mouth...just a little.

I could be wrong. The Flyers have a much better scouting group in place and Holmgren was the one who put most of them there. Fletcher might not be able to do too much damage to the parts worth salvaging and he may be able to chisel out the deadwood that needs to go...

There are some high risk/high reward options that could be attractive. Moving Sanheim (for example) for a 3c and or a veteran right shot blue liner who isn't one step shy of a beer league. Or moving players around to ensure some kind of consistency in goal and on at least the top three lines?

I am waiting for the other shoe.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect at least some of that is probably true. Might be overblown, but even if only some is true that's kind of crazy. Sounds very much like a dictatorship.

Not a lot of that article is a surprise. Hiring a head coach and then dictating his assistants...that is not a recipe for success. Think back to the Berube firing... Berube was at clean out day. He made a number of comments during the presser with Hextall that I got the feeling did not sit will with Hexy and sure enough...a couple days later....he is gone.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The biggest knock on Fletcher’s time in Minnesota was his lack of ability to stock the farm system — at least in the latter years of his tenure. Since selecting Matt Dumba in the first round of the 2012 draft, only two NHL regulars were selected by Fletcher’s Wild: winger Alex Tuch and center Joel Eriksson Ek. Tuch isn’t even in Minnesota anymore, as he was poached away by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 expansion draft. The franchise’s depth is rather weak as a result..."

Yay.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you hire if not Fletcher?

GM is hard because a lot of them have 0 experience as a GM and nothing to compare it too. They supposedly interviewed Nonis also, which would have been worse. Zito was the other guy mentioned, former agent. But he’s just a total unknown.

I just don’t think Fletcher did all that well in charge of Minnesota. He built a slightly better than mediocre team and kept them slightly better than mediocre. I’m not sure that’s a resume that screams ‘I’ll take the slightly better than mediocre flyers and make them great’

So I don’t really have a ‘preferred option’. There’s just not enough information on potential GM’s available for fans to dissect unless they’re former GM’s.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Fletcher....and how long until the first trade that makes you throw up in your mouth...just a little.

I could be wrong. The Flyers have a much better scouting group in place and Holmgren was the one who put most of them there. Fletcher might not be able to do too much damage to the parts worth salvaging and he may be able to chisel out the deadwood that needs to go...

There are some high risk/high reward options that could be attractive. Moving Sanheim (for example) for a 3c and or a veteran right shot blue liner who isn't one step shy of a beer league. Or moving players around to ensure some kind of consistency in goal and on at least the top three lines?

I am waiting for the other shoe.
Or better yet keep Sanhiem and bring up Frost as our 3rd C. Just a thought.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The biggest knock on Fletcher’s time in Minnesota was his lack of ability to stock the farm system — at least in the latter years of his tenure. Since selecting Matt Dumba in the first round of the 2012 draft, only two NHL regulars were selected by Fletcher’s Wild: winger Alex Tuch and center Joel Eriksson Ek. Tuch isn’t even in Minnesota anymore, as he was poached away by the Vegas Golden Knights in the 2017 expansion draft. The franchise’s depth is rather weak as a result..."

Yay.
Well they also gave out two huge contracts to Parise and Sutter, which didn't help their cap situation either.