• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this one might be a long shot but he's been grinding hard.......

I'll go with Weise to start us off strong!!!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this one might be a long shot but he's been grinding hard.......

I'll go with Weise to start us off strong!!!!
Weise has been playing well of late. It seems like a bunch of the team is finally skating and hitting. Hopefully it continues...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michal Neuvirth, G, Philadelphia Flyers

So it seems the precautionary measures have went even farther as Neuvy has been sent back to Philly to meet with team doctors. I don't see Neuvy in a Flyers Jersey much longer.....

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked it went into overtime.

The third period was so sloppy they should be thankful they didn't get destroyed.
But the poor play caught up to them in overtime.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked it went into overtime.

The third period was so sloppy they should be thankful they didn't get destroyed.
But the poor play caught up to them in overtime.

Yep. Pretty sloppy game in general. Flyers settled in and played decent defense after the first and got just enough offense to get it to OT. Thought Pickard was their best player tonight.

Really ugly shift to lose it in OT, leaves a bad taste in your mouth. But that was a decent effort against a good Sharks team. A point there is a good result.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a little more out of the top line though. Rest of the team seems to be figuring things out, but they’re getting killed in head to head matchups with other team’s top lines.

2nd, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this about a Dale Weise line, 3rd lines really starting to jive. Weise looked pretty good again tonight and he wouldn’t be my pick to scratch when JvR gets back.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a little more out of the top line though. Rest of the team seems to be figuring things out, but they’re getting killed in head to head matchups with other team’s top lines.

2nd, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this about a Dale Weise line, 3rd lines really starting to jive. Weise looked pretty good again tonight and he wouldn’t be my pick to scratch when JvR gets back.
Weise has been very good PP unbelievably bad. How can they not even get into the zone??? Sharks had better shorthanded chances horrific. Pickard was decent. Patrick looking good same with Lindblom.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so much to catch up on: written after the OTL

The Ducks and the Kings both look like they are skating in sand. Shame. Add a player like Konecny to bother and the overall team speed would go way up. Missing Quick, the Kings fall to average. Doughty looked bored.

Neuvirth...Wow, you mean he's hurt again? Shocking. I am afraid it is going to turn out to be something major (for his sake). Either something related to his surgery has failed, or they have uncovered something that is not hockey related.

Pickard played well.

Same breakdowns in all three zones. Better, but still way to many wide open chances allowed.

Same inconsistent (shift to shift) effort from players who are supposed to be the team leaders.

Patrick has looked very good when up on his skates.

Team Time on Ice numbers are wack. All of them. G is playing way too much for his own good. Same with Povorov.

If Neuvirth's out Long Term, no changes should be expected until either another injury or stretch of clearly bad goaltending....there was only really one game of that so far.

If Lehtera is out long term not sure which way they go...they need a center and they need to be able to play that center more than 5 minutes a night.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lau

The Ducks and the Kings both look like they are skating in sand. Shame. Add a player like Konecny to bother and the overall team speed would go way up. Missing Quick, the Kings fall to average. Doughty looked bored.

Neuvirth...Wow, you mean he's hurt again? Shocking. I am afraid it is going to turn out to be something major (for his sake). Either something related to his surgery has failed, or they have uncovered something that is not hockey related.

Pickard played well.

Same breakdowns in all three zones. Better, but still way to many wide open chances allowed.

Same inconsistent (shift to shift) effort from players who are supposed to be the team leaders.

Team Time on Ice numbers are wack. All of them. G is playing way too much for his own good. Same with Povorov.

If Neuvirth's out Long Term, no changes should be expected until either another injury or stretch of clearly bad goaltending....there was only really one game of that so far.

If Lehtera is out long term not sure which way they go...they need a center and they need to be able to play that center more than 5 minutes a night.
Laughton can play center on 4th line. JVR back soon? Should help but I don't mind the Weal, Simmonds and Weiss line all playing well.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pickard played well.

If that top line ever plays defense I'll be the first one to be shocked! I guess Koneckny didn't remember he still has to hit someone every now and then instead of him and Roo just clinging to the end boards hoping for the puck, for Godsakes man go back and help your defensemen.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it really doesn't matter, We weren't going any where in the playoffs with Elliott and after we learned that yes, even though we got a point in Sharktown, we still got beat all over the ice, Pickard gave us that point. Hope Pickard gets hurt just to force Hexy's hand.

What I don't understand is we all know Carter Hart is the future......

Why isn't Lyons and Stolarz up in the NHL doing their thing???
One of them is going to be Hart's backup, so why not get them up now?
It sure as hell won't hurt us anymore at goalie......

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Something about their fragile young minds being scarred if they don't do well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elliot was coming back from offseason surgery
Neuvirth was, is, and always will, be hurt
Stolarz coming back from ACL surgery

Hextall wasn't going to go in to the season with Lyon as the only guy (other than Hart) in good shape, so he claimed Pickard. Once he did, the Flyers already congested goalie circus got even more crowded.

Stolarz is still getting back in to game shape from the ACL injury, that's why he's in the AHL. Lyon, I would be fine with Lyon in the NHL. But I do think Flyers fans overrate him. Ya, he looked fine/good in his starts last year, but he played in 11 games and had a pedestrian .905 sv% / 2.75gaa. It's not like he was a world beater in that very small sample size. That's why Pickard is there instead of him.

If Elliot is actually hurt I think you'll see a Pickard/Lyon combo for a bit here. That's a bit scary.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Pretty sloppy game in general. Flyers settled in and played decent defense after the first and got just enough offense to get it to OT. Thought Pickard was their best player tonight.

Really ugly shift to lose it in OT, leaves a bad taste in your mouth. But that was a decent effort against a good Sharks team. A point there is a good result.
If it wasn't for Pickard this game was an 7-3 loss. Glad we stole a point against a Sharks team that destroyed us at home.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Pickard this game was an 7-3 loss. Glad we stole a point against a Sharks team that destroyed us at home.
Yep and you'll get flashes of good tending from Picks but not sure what you would get overall as a starter. His experience isn't great either.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it really doesn't matter, We weren't going any where in the playoffs with Elliott and after we learned that yes, even though we got a point in Sharktown, we still got beat all over the ice, Pickard gave us that point. Hope Pickard gets hurt just to force Hexy's hand.
Our goalie situation has been bad for so many years and the only hope is Carter Hart.