• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2019

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord, getting outplayed and pushed around in your own building, wow! Where is the Coots from game 6 against the Pens? Actually where is this team at? I hate games like these.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a joke.
Why the Flyers don't show up at home? Why?
This is not Elliot's fault but that is all the "experts" will say.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a joke.
Why the Flyers don't show up at home? Why?
This is not Elliot's fault but that is all the "experts" will say.
I was down on him but yea I agree, this isn't on Elliott. Our Defense has been totally exposed tonight and it looks ugly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like to say shit like this so early on in a season, but Dave Hakstol might want to update his resume after a performance like that from his players in the home opener.

Too slow, no compete and constantly out of position in our own zone.

What more can you really say? This was fucking terrible and the head coach should take responsibility for that.

It's probably a great thing that we play again tomorrow night, but if the effort stays the same, we'll get blown away again.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible game hard to explain but after being shut out yesterday the sharks wanted it more. I expect the Flyer's to play the same way as the sharks tomorrow... 4th line and Ghost looked good but not much else.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, get ready for some cranky old man former player former coach mansplaining.

This was not the coaches fault. This was not the GM's fault. This was not the goalies fault. This was not Gritty's fault.
This was the fault of the group of players...let's call the the core....who didn't work. There is a point in every season and with every group of players where they believe that they are bigger/better/know more/are more important than not only the coach, but the rest of the team. Last night's game had all the earmarks of one of those occasions. The top two lines over passed, took shots from poor scoring positions and didn't back check. The gap support was non existent. And this included Cooter who is usually the best defensive forward on the team. Now, there is a school of thought that says Hakstol should have called time out and screamed at them. There is a school of thought that he should have benched them. (imagine the uproar in here if G was benched when it was 3-0?). Then, there is the school of thought that you step back and let them fail. Let them get humiliated being lazy and not working. Then you start the next practice with "everyone ready to work?" If they have half a brain they get it...that they screwed up. If they don't then they don't belong.

Either way, yes loosing sucks and loosing that way sucks, but if you are going to loose the score really doesn't matter it is what happened to make the score that way. The Flyers could have done everything right and lost 3-2 last night. It would still have been a loss. How much would they have learned from it? What would have been the takeaway? From this game it was that if you don't show up you get smoked. The coach isn't going to protect your goalie for you.

Here endith the Epistle.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Sean Couturier is a -3, you know you've got issues. It only happened once all of last season and once in the postseason. He was +34 on the year and +1 in the playoffs, amazingly.

If the performance is not better tonight, they'll probably be chanting "Fire Hakstol" in the very next game and I won't blame them either. We will be coming home and Vegas will be looking for some revenge after we spoiled their home opener.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakstol is probably not the main reason we got blown away in that game, but when it comes down to it, you can't fire ten players, so you have to fire him instead...Lol

Perhaps they are tuning him out, you never know, but I'm damn sure Hexy will find out and take the proper action.