• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(1) Washington Capitals vs. (5) Tampa Bay Lightning - Series Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the last one happened in 2011.

Sorry guys. You guys are all great hockey fans... Sucks to see such a great team collapse in the postseason year in year out. But like eloco said, BB has got to go. I like his style, though a little cheesy at times, he just doesnt have what this team needs to get to the next step. Look at NJ, bottom of the barrel, coaching change, and almost climbed out. Better luck next year fellas. :yo:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know it's no consoloation, and i know a lot of people have made this comparison before, and even over in the wings gnt, but this team is so reminiscent of the wings from the early 90's that team were considered chokers and went out early in the playoffs 8 straight years before winning it. there is some consolation in being that close, though it may be hard to see.

feel bad for the people in dc who actually know and care about hockey.

Yeah, I know. The Oilers, the Wings, the Isles... you can look at a bunch of those teams and see a few years of failure before the breakthrough. But this was supposed to be the year we did that. This was the year we corrected the sloppy defense and we made sacrifices to be a better, more physical team. We didn't have to win the Cup, but we needed progress, and the Rangers series made you look and go, yes, this team has much better resolve and is more focused! And then.... the balloon went flying around the room...

Last year you could say we have to be better defensively and be tougher. Check. So... now what?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time i checked ,you needed 4 wins to advance.
Getting ahead of ourselves?
Remember last year?lol
Perhaps Lavvy should put Backlund in net,he's tried everyone else.

NullDefault

Generic Comment
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I like Boudreau and I think he's a great coach that has gotten some bad breaks. I've been one of his biggest supporters. But he has to go now
. You can't change one player and make a team feel different about itself. You sometimes can with one coach. That's the sad reality for BB here. He had a great run, but it's gonna take somebody else. You can't have (arguably) a team you'd rank among the best 2 in the conference for 3 straight years and not even MAKE the conference finals ONCE.

This will definitely happen in the offseason I'm almost sure. Tough loss Elo. I wonder though if it really comes down to what a new coach can get out of the already existing lineup. BB tried to change the system entirely this year and maybe it just didn't suit the type of players he has. They need someone in there that can steady and refocus them when there are setbacks.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Capitals now taking applications for head coaching position through USA Jobs. Top applicants will hear back within the next 19 months.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this team! Win or lose. They have played with a great amount of heart and skill. I couldn't be any more proud of all the work they've put in to get where they are and the management that has gotten them here. And fuck it. I LOVE being a southern hockey fan! My "no name" team won't be no name for much longer.

Don't kill me Caps fans. No disrespect meant toward your team at all.

I just hope the Bolts can improve in the areas that they need to go and go on to face the next team just the same.

Edit: wrong fucking smiley! Meant this one :peace:

Im off my game tonight :L

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my fault Canada has almost forgotten how to play hockey this year.

I don't know - I thought Downie, Stamkos, St. Louis, and Lecavalier all looked pretty good in this series! :)

:(

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cricket. I was turned into a believer about the Lightning last series for obvious reasons:( I had an idea this would be a closer series than most fans were giving it credit for. However, I would have never predicted a four game sweep. Particularly after you lost Gagne and Kubina, i figured that would be a huge loss. I honestly thought that would be a tipping point that washington would exploit.

The contribution your four lines have contributed is pretty impressive. Bergenheim, Downie and Moore have been crucial for your team, so far. And the big dogs have all contributed, including the little chihuahua, St. Louis ;). And Rolo is playing like he found the fountain of youth that evaded De Leon :D

Washington fans, i can relate in your misery. Losing to Tampa in the playoffs this season makes you feel like you've aged 5 years in two weeks time. I can't believe some of the games where it felt like you dominated them for 55:00 minutes, and they end up cutting your heart out of your chest in five minutes.

It's the end of the road for Bruce. Someone will have to be a sacrificial lamb for this one. It could be a blessing in disguise for your team. There is too much talent there for them to make early playoff exits after dominating in the regular season for so many seasons, now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricket

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Congrats Cricket. I was turned into a believer about the Lightning last series for obvious reasons:( I had an idea this would be a closer series than most fans were giving it credit for. However, I would have never predicted a four game sweep. Particularly after you lost Gagne and Kubina, i figured that would be a huge loss. I honestly thought that would be a tipping point that washington would exploit.

The contribution your four lines have contributed is pretty impressive. Bergenheim, Downie and Moore have been crucial for your team, so far. And the big dogs have all contributed, including the little chihuahua, St. Louis ;). And Rolo is playing like he found the fountain of youth that evaded De Leon :D

Washington fans, i can relate in your misery. Losing to Tampa in the playoffs this season makes you feel like you've aged 5 years in two weeks time. I can't believe some of the games where it felt like you dominated them for 55:00 minutes, and they end up cutting your heart out of your chest in five minutes.

It's the end of the road for Bruce. Someone will have to be a sacrificial lamb for this one. It could be a blessing in disguise for your team. There is too much talent there for them to make early playoff exits after dominating in the regular season for so many seasons, now.

Gagne and Kubina were blows for sure. Crossing my fingers they'll be back for the next go. Maybe because this is my first year really following this team that my view was different from the mass majority. But their true playing power has been on display. They just have issues keeping it together at times. What's impressed me the most about them in this round is how they truly worked as a team. Every man stepped up to do his part and do it the best he could. Also how clam they've managed to stay even when it seemed their back was against the wall. Whatever the hell Guy and Steve Y are putting in their heads. Keep it up. It's nice to see their hard work pay off.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am not happy about the outcome, nor did I expect it. I really wanted to see the Capitals go deep this year.

It would have been nice for some local excitement.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun with ...

Kubina... blows for sure.... my view was different Every man... their back was against the wall....Steve Y... head... Keep it up. It's nice to see their hard