• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the precise reason why you acquire so many young assets is to either lure or trade for a guy like LeBron if you ask me.

Now the Lakers got a little unlucky considering they owed picks to people from old trades, they had to deal one of their high picks just to get rid of Mozgov, and their other 2 high picks seem to be very good players but hardly the superstars you are hoping you get at the top of the lotto.....I mean you def make a good point when you say the lotto guarantees you nothing- for every Embiid or Simmons there is a Noel or Okafor--- or for every LeBron and Kyrie there is a Bennett or Waiters etc. (unless you are OKC and just hit and hit and hit like Durant, RW, Harden, yeesh) but you want to give yourself as many chances as possible because eventually you WILL get that superstar talent and you personally saw up close and personal how that helps a team just a couple weeks ago.

Having LeBron definitely does not guarantee you a title--- hes the best player in basketall. He is definitely the guy in the league that gives you the best chance and it seems to me that he will likely continue being the best player in the league for at least the next 2 seasons.

Assuming he doesn't have a major injury in next 2-3 seasons.....even when he starts to decline, he'll still be in the top 20-25 range as a player IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, then i'll ask this question. how good of a "teacher" do you think he is...?

in fact, from what i've gathered is he doesn't really put his energy into that area, which is why the narrative on his "leadership" is overblown...

Come on now. He's gone to 7 straight Finals. You think the Heat go to 4 straight w/o LeBron? Or that the Cavs go to 3 straight w/o him? I just don't think his leadership is overblown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron’s NBA peers go crazy after his latest gamewinner

A small sample:

✔@RealDealBeal23

Shot hurt my heart and we ain’t playing !
1f602.png
1f629.png
1f926-1f3fd-200d-2642-fe0f.png

✔@CJMcCollum

Damn that’s tough . Got the angle and kissed it off the glass. One leg. Sheesh

Jason Terry

✔@jasonterry31

He’s a Baaaaaaad man. The whole world knew he was going left. Take it wit u Rook #NBAPlayoffs2018

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I'm surprised a lot of stars went out West last summer....

There weren't a lot of stars that went out West. Millsapp headed out West, but he's barely considered a star.

George headed West along with Melo because they were traded.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it to LeBron, just 2 years ago he isn't making these buzzer beaters. Then everyone, including myself, would be calling him LeChoke and this and that. He's improved his game, he's become much more clutch.

He's got one problem that will forever tarnish his legacy though. His decision to join Wade/Bosh in Miami. Sorry, bro, you can be great, just not THE greatest.

Yeah, like you were going to stick with an organization that wasn't putting quality talent around you while you took a majority of the blame.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Starbucks, seriously considering Jamba Juice at some point today. I haven't been there in almost 2 weeks.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrows bites is coming on soon during the KTLA morning news, @trojanfan12.....looks awesome.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure DeRozan is gone after this season. He was unhappy he was benched at the end of the game, and instead of trying to fix that and work harder and correct the issue, he will demand a trade to go somewhere else where he can continue to do what he is doing without having to correct anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Starbucks, seriously considering Jamba Juice at some point today. I haven't been there in almost 2 weeks.
its good stuff but im too cheap to spend damn near 20 bucks on 2 drinks.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure DeRozan is gone after this season. He was unhappy he was benched at the end of the game, and instead of trying to fix that and work harder and correct the issue, he will demand a trade to go somewhere else where he can continue to do what he is doing without having to correct anything.

Pretty sure the Raptors will have a say in it given that he's got 3 more years left on his contract, the 3rd being a player option.