• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously.....the gang there is honestly named "The Heartless Felons".....its effed up.

I have no doubt. I remember how fucked up E. Cleveland & it's been 12+ years since I left Akron. And I'm sure things haven't improved.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the Raptors kept letting him dominate the ball. It kept the game at the Cavs pace and limited the Raptors opportunities on offense. Plus, there isn't a whole lot more deflating than defending a team for 20+ seconds and having them score anyway.

The best defense I ever saw anyone play against Magic was the Bulls when they won their first title. They defended Magic with MJ or Pippen (mostly Pippen) for like 3/4 of the court which slowed the offense, forced the ball out of his hands and wore him down.

Not sure why the Raptors haven't tried that on Lebron.

I guess they just dont have elite wing defenders

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear to God as much shit as I migfht talk about him.....it's all in good fun.....James is so good it's scary.

Some of those faders were just jaw-dropping. He made like 4 or 5 in a row and like 7 in the game. He can shoot that fader from anywhere too and it is unguardable unless you double team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those faders were just jaw-dropping. He made like 4 or 5 in a row and like 7 in the game. He can shoot that fader from anywhere too and it is unguardable unless you double team.

He hit a couple of lucky shots. Over all though he didn't have that good of a game.:heh:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they just dont have elite wing defenders
lol yah....the Raptors dont have Jordan or Pippen....they dont even have Oladipo or Stephenson.

Something is telling me that the difference between this series and last is that Stephenson and Oladipo could at least get physical with LeBron and cause him to go on his own---- and that Thad Young and Turner were athletic enough to follow Love to the perimeter, but big enough and athletic enough to guard him on the block.

Now you have OG Anunby and Siakem guarding LeBron and JV and Poeltl guarding Love sometimes and they are too slow to guard him on the outside or when hes running around picks- and then Miles and DeRozan guarding Love on switches- each of who are much too small.

its matchups...I tried to tell people and some people listened but others didnt (cough cough @DJ )

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike LeBron as much as the next LeBron hater, but folks, what he has done this post season so far, is incredible and needs to be enjoyed. THIS is the type of play I expect from LeBron in his career. Granted there is no way humanly possible you could keep this up for 15 years every game but this mentality is what I expect from LeBron. This is the type of play by just putting everything on his shoulders when it matters most.

LeBron played like this he isn't 3-9 in the Finals, dude would have 4 rings in Miami, maybe 2 in Cleveland.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey gotta go. Plain and simple. There was no strategic game plan altering or adapting while Lebron was going off. He's taken them as far as they can go. They should go after coach Bud asap.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yah....the Raptors dont have Jordan or Pippen....they dont even have Oladipo or Stephenson.

Something is telling me that the difference between this series and last is that Stephenson and Oladipo could at least get physical with LeBron and cause him to go on his own---- and that Thad Young and Turner were athletic enough to follow Love to the perimeter, but big enough and athletic enough to guard him on the block.

Now you have OG Anunby and Siakem guarding LeBron and JV and Poeltl guarding Love sometimes and they are too slow to guard him on the outside or when hes running around picks- and then Miles and DeRozan guarding Love on switches- each of who are much too small.

its matchups...I tried to tell people and some people listened but others didnt (cough cough @DJ )

Did you see that stat I posted about LeBron on the previous page?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike LeBron as much as the next LeBron hater, but folks, what he has done this post season so far, is incredible and needs to be enjoyed. THIS is the type of play I expect from LeBron in his career. Granted there is no way humanly possible you could keep this up for 15 years every game but this mentality is what I expect from LeBron. This is the type of play by just putting everything on his shoulders when it matters most.

LeBron played like this he isn't 3-9 in the Finals, dude would have 4 rings in Miami, maybe 2 in Cleveland.

Well to be fair he's not 3-9 in the Finals. And there hasn't been a single NBA player ever that won a title all by himself.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey gotta go. Plain and simple. There was no strategic game plan altering or adapting while Lebron was going off. He's taken them as far as they can go. They should go after coach Bud asap.
Weren't people wanting to give Casey or Stotts the COY just a couple of weeks ago?

How quickly things change.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it has to be disappointing to the team & the fans how this series has gone so far.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't people wanting to give Casey or Stotts the COY just a couple of weeks ago?

For the regular season Casey should get COY consideration. Best record in the conference.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah kind of crazy. I had him on my hot seat list to start the year, along with Gentry. Gentry seems to have turned a big corner and I think a lot of that has to do with the overall health of AD and Holiday. Casey seems to be stuck. George Karl got fired the year he won COY. So anythings possible.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,691.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slumming with us on the NBA boards? LOL.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay this is just a crazy stat. I'm watching First Things First right now & they're talking about all the times in NBA history that a player has had 40+ pts, 8+ rebs & 11+ asts in a playoff game.

-The Logo once ('69)
-Clyde the Glide once ('92)
-Westbrook once ('17)

-LeBron 4 times ('15, '16, '17 & last night)
o yah...nice! pretty crazy...