• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Toronto Raptors vs 4) Cleveland Cavs

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this game is anything like the first, ESPN 2 has cornhole championship on.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is why?

I tried to tell everyone---- the Raptors have a back court that is 6 foot Kyle Lowry, DeRozan who isnt a defender, 6 foot VanVleet, and Delon Wright.

That is a LOT different than Oladipo, Stephenson and Jospeh.

If a team cant play perimeter D the Cavs will eat them up. If a team doesnt have at least a reasonable option against LeBron they have to double and things go to shit and triples start falling.

They are a terrible matchup with the Cavs.

If you thought the Pacers series was an indicator on how this series would go then i dont know what to say--- the Pacers always give the CAvs trouble and the Pacers have a ton of good perimeter defenders and they have bigs that can cover the 3.

the Raptors dont have bigs that can cover the 3 and their perimeter defenders are mostly offensive guys- not defensive guys. bad combo vs. the cavs.

Which is why I'm intrigued by a potential Philly match up.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is why?

I tried to tell everyone---- the Raptors have a back court that is 6 foot Kyle Lowry, DeRozan who isnt a defender, 6 foot VanVleet, and Delon Wright.

That is a LOT different than Oladipo, Stephenson and Jospeh.

If a team cant play perimeter D the Cavs will eat them up. If a team doesnt have at least a reasonable option against LeBron they have to double and things go to shit and triples start falling.

They are a terrible matchup with the Cavs.

If you thought the Pacers series was an indicator on how this series would go then i dont know what to say--- the Pacers always give the CAvs trouble and the Pacers have a ton of good perimeter defenders and they have bigs that can cover the 3.

the Raptors dont have bigs that can cover the 3 and their perimeter defenders are mostly offensive guys- not defensive guys. bad combo vs. the cavs.

You also wavered and left wiggle room and said if you had to bet your 401k tonight it would be on Toronto.

Anyway, to another point, Tristan had 2 points, 2 rebounds.
Now are you starting to understand how it works?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calderon is terrible. Hill is both hurt and not nearly the player he was. Rodney Hood has potential but still hasn't put it all together and Jordan Clarkson is one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

The Raptors bench has been consistently doing EXACTLY what they were expected to do.
playoffs brah.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hearing something about that on BSpn earlier this week btw. some are thinking this offseason might be big for moving star and Allstar players for teams that don't have quite enough pieces to get over the top...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also wavered and left wiggle room and said if you had to bet your 401k tonight it would be on Toronto.

yah i certainly did not expect the #1 seed in the East to lose both of the games on their home floor and just kind of fold. I dont know anyone did.

The Cavs finally had a good game from the field shooting. Shot 42% from 3....Love found his shot....if the Cavs are shooting 40% from 3 and Love is playing well they prob. arent losing

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:No Durant around, Curry was hurt and they lost their rim protector in Bogut. And now no Irving.

Stop w/ the bullshit excuses troll. Cavs fans couldn't use the injury excuse in '15 & the Warriors can't use the injury excuse for '16. And yeah Irving's now on my team. Tell me again how much he's contributed in the playoffs this year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i certainly did not expect the #1 seed in the East to lose both of the games on their home floor and just kind of fold. I dont know anyone did.

The Cavs finally had a good game from the field shooting. Shot 42% from 3....Love found his shot....if the Cavs are shooting 40% from 3 and Love is playing well they prob. arent losing

I agree.
We can settle our bet anytime, and start looking for an avi for me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

as for Tristan.

did you watch the game? there 7 footers only played 42 minutes combined. They tried to go smaller and played more Vanvleet, wright, miles, siakem,

if Valuciunas is only playing 27 minutes and Poeltl isnt playing big minutes and Love is raining you arent going to see Cleveland bigs as much off the bench like Thompson and Nance.

Its matchups.

Its why they struggled with the Pacers and the role players are playing so much better against the RAptors. Matchups dude.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Heatles84 @bksballer89

I know this doesn't belong here, but did anyone ever mention that we missed getting Donovan Mitchell by 1 pick?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was hearing something about that on BSpn earlier this week btw. some are thinking this offseason might be big for moving star and Allstar players for teams that don't have quite enough pieces to get over the top...
id trade the brooklyn pick and stuff for John Wall or Kawhi or maybe may be mccollum :) the first two would obviously be amazing and are long shots but mccollum would be a good third guy and the type of scorer and playmaker they could really use.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana is a rival with several great playoff series versus Lebron.

It reminds me of the Mavericks taking the 2014 Spurs to 7 games in the first round.

I did not read too much into it, although I thought both CLE and SAS would have swept their foes.

The rest of the way was much easier for SA and also for the Cavs.