• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not by himself. I think they should rotate Harris, Bassey and Reed. Give them each like 15-16mpg at C.
I would love to see that.
With Doc, there's about a -10% chance of that happening.
Doc so badly wants DAJ to succeed so that he can say 'I told you so.'

If only he had like 20-30 games near the end of the season to let these kids play and get some experience.......

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know what to do with Doc. I don’t think he’s a great coach or the right coach for this squad but the possibility of Dantoni scares me. I think he’s an even worse fit than Doc.
Kind of kidding about DA.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a tough call, imo.

I think they are a better team with Harden than without, but I don't think they're a true contender with him.

Harden doesn't seem like a guy who would settle for less and someone will give him a max deal. If they let Harden walk and can't replace him with someone better, they will have effectively blown Embiid's title window.

I know exactly what the 76ers should do. Trade Embiid to the Celtics and start a complete rebuild with Harden.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris held his own vs Siakam and Siakam is a more versatile offensive cover than Bam. I think he will be fine.
I don't think you're giving Bam enough credit as a force inside.
Much more physical than Siakam even without using his arm to push off.

But, yes, Harris did a terrific job on Siakam.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see that.
With Doc, there's about a -10% chance of that happening.
Doc so badly wants DAJ to succeed so that he can say 'I told you so.'

If only he had like 20-30 games near the end of the season to let these kids play and get some experience.......
Reed played well in his time, 4 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris held his own vs Siakam and Siakam is a more versatile offensive cover than Bam. I think he will be fine.
Bam is a lot more physical but I think Harris could hold his own and he's also a better offensive player than Reed, Bassey and Jordan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Harden supposed to add this? It became evident after he was traded to Brooklyn. He lost his entire summer to add to his game as he was solely focused on physical therapy for the hamstring. He did little summer work this past year. This summer is the time for him to reflect on what he needs at add that. Harden doesn’t belong in conversation yet with the other two.

He should have started about 2-3 years ago, if not sooner.

Guys like MJ, Kobe and Lebron all started adding some old man to their games at around 29-30 because they knew what was coming. If memory serves, it was around that age that Kobe flew to Houston to learn post moves and footwork (as well as the "Dream Shake") from Hakeem.

Guys like MJ, Kobe and Lebron were always looking to add to their games, even before adding old man game. Guys like Westbrook and Harden never really have. That's why their declines tend to be steep.

MJ, Reggie Miller and a couple of other guys have told some funny stories about Kobe pestering them during games to teach him some of their moves. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of kidding about DA.
He’s the most likely hire because of his past relationship with Morey and Harden and he even spent time as a Sixers assistant with Embiid. Scares the fuck out of me.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly what the 76ers should do. Trade Embiid to the Celtics and start a complete rebuild with Harden.
Celtics wouldn’t know what to do with him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving Bam enough credit as a force inside.
Much more physical than Siakam even without using his arm to push off.

But, yes, Harris did a terrific job on Siakam.
Meh. Good player. But he’s not some overwhelmingly physical specimen.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed played well in his time, 4 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
Too many fouls. They couldn’t keep him on the floor. That’s why Jordan starts. They can’t get 30 minutes out of BBall Paul because of how he fouls.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many fouls. They couldn’t keep him on the floor. That’s why Jordan starts. They can’t get 30 minutes out of BBall Paul because of how he fouls.
They shouldn't play him that much. Reed, Harris, and Bassey should all see time at the 5.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green also shouldn't be getting double the minutes Thybulle gets. They need Thybulle getting more minutes because of his defense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't play him that much. Reed, Harris, and Bassey should all see time at the 5.
Ideally I would do these things:
1. Start Bassey and play him around 24 minutes. Nearly all of his minutes need to be with Harden. He can run pick and roll in the manner Capela used to with Houston.
2. BBall Paul for 10 hard helter skelter minutes. He fouls too much right now but I don’t want them to coach away his aggression. That’s what gives him an edge.
3. 14 minutes of small ball with Harden Maxey Green (Thybulle if Herro is on the floor) Niang and Harris. This is the group I want to close with. Make the Heat depend on closing with Bam down the stretch. That’s a better option for the Sixers than closing with Herro or Butler.
4. I throw the gauntlet down for Thybulle and tell him his only job in this series is to be a thorn in the side of Herro. Herro already comes off the bench. Every Herro minute should involve being covered by Thybulle. To minimize the impact of zero offense you get from Thybulle they need to hunt Herro as their main plan of attack when he’s on the floor.

Doc won’t do any of this, especially counting on a rookie like Bassey who hasn’t gotten major minutes since Embiid had Covid to start and play 24 minutes.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,896.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally I would do these things:
1. Start Bassey and play him around 24 minutes. Nearly all of his minutes need to be with Harden. He can run pick and roll in the manner Capela used to with Houston.
2. BBall Paul for 10 hard helter skelter minutes. He fouls too much right now but I don’t want them to coach away his aggression. That’s what gives him an edge.
3. 14 minutes of small ball with Harden Maxey Green (Thybulle if Herro is on the floor) Niang and Harris. This is the group I want to close with. Make the Heat depend on closing with Bam down the stretch. That’s a better option for the Sixers than closing with Herro or Butler.
4. I throw the gauntlet down for Thybulle and tell him his only job in this series is to be a thorn in the side of Herro. Herro already comes off the bench. Every Herro minute should involve being covered by Thybulle. To minimize the impact of zero offense you get from Thybulle they need to hunt Herro as their main plan of attack when he’s on the floor.

Doc won’t do any of this, especially counting on a rookie like Bassey who hasn’t gotten major minutes since Embiid had Covid to start and play 24 minutes.
I agree with this.

Yeah, no way Bassey gets that many minutes.

Really like Thybulle on Herro.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy but he will only rack up more injuries and lingering ailments. High risk imo

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy but he will only rack up more injuries and lingering ailments. High risk imo

No doubt injuries have been a big part of his career.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His FGA's are likely down because his decline has started and he can't get himself open/create separation like he used to and the refs don't seem to buy his flops as much anymore.
Like when he got hit on the arm shooting a 3 and the refs didn't call it? Real special how the refs put the whistle away just because nancy nurse cried so much in round 1.