• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay\Green are locks even if they retire now i would say.

Curry\Klay\Dray have already passed Fisher\Kobe\Shaq for most playoff series wins.

Curry\Dray\Klay already have more playoff series wins then Fisher\Kobe\Shaq.

I would say Dray\Klay are hall of famers even if they retired today.

Yes.

Because of the titles. And in Dray’s case, his future media career will only further cement him.

Jaylen Brown has 0 titles.

You are assuming the Celtics are a dynasty and they haven’t even won 1.

That is insane.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let these bullies in here tell you you're wrong, K2T. :D
hahahah thanks buddy. averaging 27\7\6 on elite efficiency and defense and eliminating Durant\Giannis all on your way to the finals. The media would be hyping the shit out of that if it was Lebron or Kobe.

But yeah i don't want too sound like too much of a homer. I'm just saying Tatum has clearly made his name during these playoffs as the best in the league.

Celtics were also the #1 SRS team, so you can make a case that Tatum was robbed out of reg season mvp.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Because of the titles. And in Dray’s case, his future media career will only further cement him.

Jaylen Brown has 0 titles.

You are assuming the Celtics are a dynasty and they haven’t even won 1.

That is insane.
The C's 2022 are Warriors 2015 pretty much.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahah thanks buddy. averaging 27\7\6 on elite efficiency and defense and eliminating Durant\Giannis all on your way to the finals. The media would be hyping the shit out of that if it was Lebron or Kobe.

But yeah i don't want too sound like too much of a homer. I'm just saying Tatum has clearly made his name during these playoffs as the best in the league.

Celtics were also the #1 SRS team, so you can make a case that Tatum was robbed out of reg season mvp.

Too late

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart
Is it working Greg?
1653907381546.jpeg

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta dudes played 44+ minutes...but only Butler played all 48

Mad respect
He still should have won that fugaze new trophy they just invented. He is the only reason Heat were afloat.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill was very very good and on the verge of hitting superstar status in 2000 but never quite hit it before injury in my opinion. Sorry but grant hill never reached best in the world status like current Tatum, not even close. I don't even think hill had the highest peak of the 90s as that was pippen.

Tatum is godlike right now, I'm about to make a 2nd post about it.
1653907849695.gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BAm showed this post season that he would be a great 3rd but is over-caste as a 2nd. Still only 25- so there is hope he can get there. He is not in his prime. But I think he just lacks the mentality.

I just dont think teams fear Bam- and go into a series thinking- what do we have to do to stop this guy. For a maxplayer- all star I think he disappointed.

Lowry got hurt- and when he did play he was a good scrappy leader that showed up here and there- exactly what I thought you were getting when he was signed- not someone I would look foward to paying 60 million for the next 2 years when he will be 37 and 38 once the playoffs roll around.

Duncan Robinson- he of the 90 million dollar contract- made himself unplayable on a team that had a ton of injuries. I dont see how you move off that deal and get value back.
Herro is their second offensive option not Bam. Do you even watch the games?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t hold for 1 shot when you are behind.

You shouldn’t force a quick shot either though. First, best shot.

Butler should have attacked IMO. The pull up 3 isn’t his game. Betting he regrets that choice.
You’re not him. Jimmy Butler is Jimmy Butler because he takes that shot with confidence and he has zero fucks to give what everyone else thinks. He doesn’t regret taking that shot. He’s bummed it didn’t go down. The best player on the court has an open look to take the lead. I’d be shocked if you see any comment from him that he regrets taking that shot.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness...

Part of what makes the last two series wins by the Celtics great is that Tatum has not been the best player on the court.
  • Giannis was the best player in the Milwaukee series.
  • Butler was the best player in the Heat series.
That's no knock on Tatum... it's just a fact.

But the Celtics had the best team... this is a special group. The C's are big, physical, switchy and interchangeable... usually the brightest superstar wins in the NBA playoffs, but on odd occasions a team unit that especially plays elite defense can overcome.

We'll see if Boston can keep that train going against Golden State... gotta win the Championship for it to really mean something big.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my sample size was an entire series

your sample size was a quarter? not even a game ROFL

sounds like i'm winning here
You’re running unopposed dude. Nobody else here wants to sleep with Jason Tatum. I don’t know maybe @Mecca would take him for a spin but that’s cause she’s a lady.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re not him. Jimmy Butler is Jimmy Butler because he takes that shot with confidence and he has zero fucks to give what everyone else thinks. He doesn’t regret taking that shot. He’s bummed it didn’t go down. The best player on the court has an open look to take the lead. I’d be shocked if you see any comment from him that he regrets taking that shot.

Publicly?

Maybe not.

In private watching film?

I am sure he sees what we all saw. He had Al Horford backpedaling with 0 help. If he drives he finishes that play 7 times out of 10. And maybe even gets an and 1.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Publicly?

Maybe not.

In private watching film?

I am sure he sees what we all saw. He had Al Horford backpedaling with 0 help. If he drives he finishes that play 7 times out of 10. And maybe even gets an and 1.
Hindsight is the tits. The only reason why the Heat were playing a game 7 is because they have Jimmy Butler and the make up of Jimmy Butler says you take that open look to go ahead and then you hang your hat on your identity as an organization and defend like all hell for 19 seconds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness...

Part of what makes the last two series wins by the Celtics great is that Tatum has not been the best player on the court.
  • Giannis was the best player in the Milwaukee series.
  • Butler was the best player in the Heat series.
That's no knock on Tatum... it's just a fact.

But the Celtics had the best team... this is a special group. The C's are big, physical, switchy and interchangeable... usually the brightest superstar wins in the NBA playoffs, but on odd occasions a team unit that especially plays elite defense can overcome.

We'll see if Boston can keep that train going against Golden State... gotta win the Championship for it to really mean something big.

Thank you for being reasonable.

The Celtics are a very good team. They have a lot of versatile, tough defenders who are mostly interchangeable and they have enough offense to beat anybody.

Jayson Tatum is very good, but this is not a superstar dragging a bunch of nobodies.

The 1 good take @Kawhi_2_Tatum has had was the Warrior comparison.

I am not predicting the same type of run because that is crazy difficult. But where the comparison holds is in that all the key members of the core are needed for the team to be championship level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is the tits. The only reason why the Heat were playing a game 7 is because they have Jimmy Butler and the make up of Jimmy Butler says you take that open look to go ahead and then you hang your hat on your identity as an organization and defend like all hell for 19 seconds.

See, I disagree.

I think the make up of Jimmy Butler is you attack like hell and go right at the defender’s chest and score.

But, after 48 minutes I can understand why the pull up 3 for the lead was appealing.

Just not Butler’s game at all.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I disagree.

I think the make up of Jimmy Butler is you attack like hell and go right at the defender’s chest and score.

But, after 48 minutes I can understand why the pull up 3 for the lead was appealing.

Just not Butler’s game at all.
Then you haven’t watched enough Jimmy Butler. He’s always been the guy that takes what the defense gives him. The sag and retreat by Horford there spells he pulls up to take the dagger and it doesn’t go down this time. He hit a similar shot in the Heat’s flurry at the end of the first half to get 15 to 6. Almost from the same spot on the court.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you haven’t watched enough Jimmy Butler. He’s always been the guy that takes what the defense gives him. The sag and retreat by Horford there spells he pulls up to take the dagger and it doesn’t go down this time. He hit a similar shot in the Heat’s flurry at the end of the first half to get 15 to 6. Almost from the same spot on the court.
Yes, Butler can make that shot. And he absolutely earned the right to take that shot.

But Butler's best game is attacking the basket.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Butler can make that shot. And he absolutely earned the right to take that shot.

But Butler's best game is attacking the basket.
And where I’m coming from is more of the first 2 sentences you type. The man makes decisions in the flow of the game and he’s been nearly perfect as a decision maker. I think it’s easy to question a missed shot because everybody knows the outcome didn’t work. Remember that Dame 40 footer vs OKC PG13? Nobody talks about the fact that he settled for a low percentage look. They just focus on the fact that it went down.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think you have watched much Jimmy Butler.

Is that a shot he takes in the flow of the game?

Yes.

But Butler taking that shot is more of a tendency breaker than anything else. He shoots enough 3s to keep the defense honest. But make no mistake, the 3 was open because that is the shot Horford wanted him to take.