• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what that makes Kawhi if Tatum is GOAT? The load management GOAT?
Kawhi is the Whammer and Tatum is Roy Hobbs. Barbara Hershey has changed the object of her desire and is on to the next big thing.

1653919125462.jpeg

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have been watching 2 different games. If I’m the Heat, I play for the win in regulation. Butler played all 48 and outside of Bam he received no help elsewhere. Projecting that game another 5 minutes doesn’t bode well for the Heat in my opinion.
Play to win is great but this is Game 7 do or die. 1-on-1 with Horford. Jimmy should drive that 100% of the time. I get he was probably worn out and he was the team but you only take that shot if that is your shot and/or you were hot from 3. He was 1/4, he wasn’t on with his 3 ball last game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play to win is great but this is Game 7 do or die. 1-on-1 with Horford. Jimmy should drive that 100% of the time. I get he was probably worn out and he was the team but you only take that shot if that is your shot and/or you were hot from 3. He was 1/4, he wasn’t on with his 3 ball last game.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

He was tired and he settled.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness...

Part of what makes the last two series wins by the Celtics great is that Tatum has not been the best player on the court.
  • Giannis was the best player in the Milwaukee series.
  • Butler was the best player in the Heat series.
That's no knock on Tatum... it's just a fact.

But the Celtics had the best team... this is a special group. The C's are big, physical, switchy and interchangeable... usually the brightest superstar wins in the NBA playoffs, but on odd occasions a team unit that especially plays elite defense can overcome.

We'll see if Boston can keep that train going against Golden State... gotta win the Championship for it to really mean something big.

I am going to gag...but this is basically the truth.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not upset by this season at all. Exceeded my expectations across the board. Use that first round pick wisely, trade dunc, and make whatever minor free agent signings you can make and get back at it next season
First thought was who the hell would want Duncan? Then thought...hmm, maybe my team? Probably better options, but we could definitely use a shooter.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness...

Part of what makes the last two series wins by the Celtics great is that Tatum has not been the best player on the court.
  • Giannis was the best player in the Milwaukee series.
  • Butler was the best player in the Heat series.
That's no knock on Tatum... it's just a fact.

But the Celtics had the best team... this is a special group. The C's are big, physical, switchy and interchangeable... usually the brightest superstar wins in the NBA playoffs, but on odd occasions a team unit that especially plays elite defense can overcome.

We'll see if Boston can keep that train going against Golden State... gotta win the Championship for it to really mean something big.

Yup

Having guys like smart white brown and Tatum lets them be quite versatile and turns a 7 or 8 player roster into what seems like 9 or 10 as they can all guard multiple positions

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thought was who the hell would want Duncan? Then thought...hmm, maybe my team? Probably better options, but we could definitely use a shooter.

Yeah

Could be an interesting situation.

Miami needs a little size on the wing though. Forwards.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impossible, but it is 1 thing to predict it.

You are coming in here pronouncing it like it is fact.

And you are getting way ahead of yourself.
And looking like a teenage dumbass in the process

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impossible, but it is 1 thing to predict it.

You are coming in here pronouncing it like it is fact.

And you are getting way ahead of yourself.

Not to mention the warriors second and the third best players won’t miss 11 of 12 games

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Celtics could take him into their huge trade exception

He has a skill the team lacks.

But more likely he’s filler with the heats first rounder this year to add more size on the wing and possibly have to replace tucker (who may opt out)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics could take him into their huge trade exception

He has a skill the team lacks.

But more likely he’s filler with the heats first rounder this year to add more size on the wing and possibly have to replace tucker (who may opt out)

I don’t actually think he fits.

Single biggest reason for their success, IMO, is that everyone in their rotation can defend.

Even Pritchard is scrappy and tough. Despite his size he is no push-over.

Top 7 guys are all plus defenders and Pritchard is solid.

Easy to defend any action when all 5 can hold their own individually.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t actually think he fits.

Single biggest reason for their success, IMO, is that everyone in their rotation can defend.

Even Pritchard is scrappy and tough. Despite his size he is no push-over.

Top 7 guys are all plus defenders and Pritchard is solid.

Easy to defend any action when all 5 can hold their own individually.

I do agree with this.

That’s mostly where I stand.

But they do lack a knockdown shooter

I’m struggling to find the right fit for their tpe

I guess Burks is about the best they can do due to the salary limitations (a few guys are just beyond their grasp) and the lack of a first round pick

They do have skme promising international guys to dangle as well. So we’ll see

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the deal would be though? LeVert is a better player than Duncan. Unless they want Osman and a salary matcher. Not sure that can work

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the deal would be though? LeVert is a better player than Duncan. Unless they want Osman and a salary matcher. Not sure that can work
They'd really have to be confident what we saw before he got his deal is the real Duncan and not the guy who often played as much as me.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it can

Duncan and their first is the best they can offer. Cavs with 2 first to play with is interesting.

He also basically fills love’s role going past 2022

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it can

Duncan and their first is the best they can offer. Cavs with 2 first to play with is interesting.

He also basically fills love’s role going past 2022
Yeah not sure what the trade is but he could fit in a bench lineup with Okoro, Stevens and Love or something. Mix of defense and offense. Other than that, that contract is just too much for his inefficiencies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not sure what the trade is but he could fit in a bench lineup with Okoro, Stevens and Love or something. Mix of defense and offense. Other than that, that contract is just too much for his inefficiencies.

Maybe you get away with playing a zone with Love, Duncan and either Allen or Mobley, but that is tough to play those 2 together.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you get away with playing a zone with Love, Duncan and either Allen or Mobley, but that is tough to play those 2 together.

Maybe with Okoro in there as well but even still you got 2 guys getting hunted.