• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think you have watched much Jimmy Butler.

Is that a shot he takes in the flow of the game?

Yes.

But Butler taking that shot is more of a tendency breaker than anything else. He shoots enough 3s to keep the defense honest. But make no mistake, the 3 was open because that is the shot Horford wanted him to take.
Horford is on an island and that’s why he retreats. He’s the only one in position to guard the rim. The circumstance called for the change up or tendency breaker as you put it. Tendency breakers have value any time in the game if you take what the defense gives you and that’s who Butler has been.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horford is on an island and that’s why he retreats. He’s the only one in position to guard the rim. The circumstance called for the change up or tendency breaker as you put it. Tendency breakers have value any time in the game if you take what the defense gives you and that’s who Butler has been.

Bro.

If you don’t think Jimmy Butler scores that ball 1 on 1 attacking the rim than I don’t know what to say.

Jimmy Butler is one of the best finishers in the league in those situations.

He has shot under 25% from 3 in each of his seasons in Miami and pull-ups like that off a dead sprint are a lot more difficult than catch and shoot.

He is the best player, you want the ball in his hands for the shot and you live with the results in any decision he makes.

But 100% he should have attacked.

And it is plainly obvious.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.

If you don’t think Jimmy Butler scores that ball 1 on 1 attacking the rim than I don’t know what to say.

He has shot under 25% from 3 in each of his seasons in Miami and pull-ups like that off a dead sprint are a lot more difficult than catch and shoot.

He is the best player, you want the ball in his hands for the shot and you live with the results in any decision he makes.

And my point of view says it’s easy to say that from the safety of your couch in hindsight after you know the shot doesn’t go down.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness...

Part of what makes the last two series wins by the Celtics great is that Tatum has not been the best player on the court.
  • Giannis was the best player in the Milwaukee series.
  • Butler was the best player in the Heat series.
That's no knock on Tatum... it's just a fact.

But the Celtics had the best team... this is a special group. The C's are big, physical, switchy and interchangeable... usually the brightest superstar wins in the NBA playoffs, but on odd occasions a team unit that especially plays elite defense can overcome.

We'll see if Boston can keep that train going against Golden State... gotta win the Championship for it to really mean something big.
Perfectly said

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my point of view says it’s easy to say that from the safety of your couch in hindsight after you know the shot doesn’t go down.

It is just as easy to say it before the shot is taken.

Down 2 with the ball, 20 seconds left is a situation every team practices many times.

Offense needs to attack for a high percentage shot. Does not have to be a 3, and especially shouldn’t be a quick 3 from a low percentage shooter.

Jimmy Butler had 35 points and almost all of them were attacking the rim.

You take that shot if you are Jayson Tatum. If you are Jimmy Butler you attack.

And you know for a fact Al Horford was happy when Butler pulled up.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just as easy to say it before the shot is taken.

Down 2 with the ball, 20 seconds left is a situation every team practices many times.

Offense needs to attack for a high percentage shot. Does not have to be a 3, and especially shouldn’t be a quick 3 from a low percentage shooter.

Jimmy Butler had 35 points and almost all of them were attacking the rim.

You take that shot if you are Jayson Tatum. If you are Jimmy Butler you attack.

And you know for a fact Al Horford was happy when Butler pulled up.
We must have been watching 2 different games. If I’m the Heat, I play for the win in regulation. Butler played all 48 and outside of Bam he received no help elsewhere. Projecting that game another 5 minutes doesn’t bode well for the Heat in my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have been watching 2 different games. If I’m the Heat, I play for the win in regulation. Butler played all 48 and outside of Bam he received no help elsewhere. Projecting that game another 5 minutes doesn’t bode well for the Heat in my opinion.

That sounds great in theory, but that Butler shot was a Hail Mary.

Lillard’s chances of hitting that 40 footer we’re about the same as Butler’s chances of hitting that.

Great if it goes in, but probably gets Miami about a 12-15% chance of winning the game at best.

Tying the score there gives them at least 25-30%

Can’t avoid a chance for OT on your home court because you are tired. Celtics had 4 guys play over 40 minutes and were in the process of choking away a seemingly insurmountable lead.

I think Miami wins if it goes OT.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what happened to P.J. Tucker? Did Spo just sit him or was he hurt? Surprised he only played 17 minutes and was subbed out at 8:30 of the 3Q and never returned.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart

And what does any of this have to do with Jaylen Brown not being a hall of famer?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does any of this have to do with Jaylen Brown not being a hall of famer?
He just got into his Rain Man flow posting the same shit over and over again rocking back and forth saying Tatum the GOAT…definitely the GOAT…5 minutes to Wapner…Tatum is the GOAT.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.

Yeah, Butler is a beast at attacking the basket.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all posting on here when y'all should have been sleeping.....LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just got into his Rain Man flow posting the same shit over and over again rocking back and forth saying Tatum the GOAT…definitely the GOAT…5 minutes to Wapner…Tatum is the GOAT.

Evidently it's GOATUM now. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just calling it how i see it. People are underrating the hell out of Tatum due to his pre prime growing pains. You have to remember that players don't hit their true primes until about 23 years old (which would be this season for tatum).

(1)Jayson Tatum is like the wing version of Tim Duncan to give you a comparison.

(2)Alltime great defense but he's still going to give you 25PPG and very good passing.

This is Tatum's 3rd conference finals and he's 3-1 in game sevens, his only loss in game sevens were when he was a teenager 19 years old against prime lebron.

Tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old - can get 5-6 assists any game - 6-7 rebs any game and elite defense. He's basically the perfect player.

1- :laugh3: (No he's not.)

2- How can Tatum be an all time great defender when he's yet to make an all defensive team?