• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L
oh yah--- JJJ is gonna be an absolute stud. I love his mentality too. However, at 22 - he wasnt ready for the big time on a game in game out basis. Big men develop slower. They just do. I think he will become a multi time all star and a guy that can be counted on and a guy that the other team has to game plan for--- but i think that is still a couple years away. Shit- I know this is obvious to say- but 2 years from now he will only be 24- and i think he will be a ton better than he is right now.

Dallas- no one scares you beside Luka on a game to game basis. Brunson had his moments but its not a guy you can count on 5-6 times in a 7 game series to be one of the best players on teh court. They need a true #2- or at least a high level #3. Brunson could be a #3 I suppose--- but they just dont have enough right now.
They need to take the ball out of Luka’s hands imo. Not all the time, but you can’t make a guy that size do what he has to do, constantly.

If you don’t wear him out in season you’re gonna do it long term.

To get back to this season, Boston has such a better all around approach. While having one truely Great player. I’m not a Celtics fan in any way. But I appreciate how they’ve handled what they got their hands on.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shaq-inside-the-nba.gif
Have you checked him out lately?

He's putting up
27/7/6 on 59% TS and shooting splits of 45/38/83 on all time great 3 point shooting and defense

GOATUM's doing all this while out playing and eliminating Durant, butler, Giannis. He's doing sweeps. He's doing buzzer beater game winners, he's winning and dominating multiple game 7's.

All homegrown and no all nba teammates. GODLIKE peak as I said. In game 6 he also tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Celtics team is good but its far from being a great team.

The Garnett Celtics would DESTORY them.

Going through- a Nets team with no continuity that was a mess mentally, missing Simmons and Harris- and never was able to put it together the whole season- hence a 7 seed.

Going through a Bucks team that was good- but was missing Middleton- a 20-5-5 guy

and Going through a very medicore- as far as conference finals go- Heat team- that was beat to crap.

Tatum- I have as a top 10 guy right now- but he is not in his prime- and still has growing up to do. Great player- All NBA - maybe/prob. first team- but all else being equal- if it was just a 7 game series- there are still a number of guys I take over him right now- not many- but still multiple.
The amount of superstars he had to face is just about unmatched.

- Durant
- Giannis
- Butler

He did this with no all nba teammates

The 2008 celtics were being taken to 7 by an awful 37 win hawks team. Sweeping Durant is far more impressive.

Then Giannis shits on washed up rasheed and billups pistons

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Tatum is Kobe!!! Hahahaha that is shit hilarious. Tatum might be around a top 10 player in the NBA. Kobe was different.

Boston has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the W’s. Right now, they shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. The good thing for Boston this isn’t the best of the Warriors the Cavs faced. Their depth was insane too. Their offense was better, their defense was elite of elite. If Boston can’t compete with this Warrior team good luck. The East is going to be a beast the next couple years, same with the West with teams having injuries this season. This is really the best time to win, this season.
in game 6 vs heat

Tatum tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old. He's dominating with no all nba guys on his team, imagine giving him PEAK SHAQ. It would be over. I don't think any of tatum's teammates even match Pau.

What does Tatum have? He has Jaylen and a bunch of Lamar odoms hahahah

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in game 6 vs heat

Tatum tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old. He's dominating with no all nba guys on his team, imagine giving him PEAK SHAQ. It would be over. I don't think any of tatum's teammates even match Pau.

What does Tatum have? He has Jaylen and a bunch of Lamar odoms hahahah

In the 4th quarter of game 6, what was Tatum's stat line?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. It gave them time to get the rebound and another shot. Or to play the foul game. I prefer taking the last shot, but I understand the reasoning behind an earlier shot.

Either way, Im good with my best player taking a wide open shot.

Did the Heat have any timeouts left?

If they did and didnt use it, that would be the mistake, imo.

You don’t hold for 1 shot when you are behind.

You shouldn’t force a quick shot either though. First, best shot.

Butler should have attacked IMO. The pull up 3 isn’t his game. Betting he regrets that choice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors defense isnt terrible but it’s not Heat level. We should see Tatum have a better series.

Warriors had better defensive efficiency in the regular season.

They certainly aren’t as physical as Miami. And I think it was the physicality that bothered Tatum and brown so much.

But the Dubs are just as good defensively.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he’s Timmy, but he kinda reminds me of how Duncan used to paced himself in the regular season and was a killer in the playoffs. Timmy did not have the best of stats in the regular season either.

No player gave Boston as much trouble this postseason as much as he did.

This is not a knock on Jimmy in any way. He was great.

But a lot of that was the defensive game plan from the Celtics. They chose to stay true and limit help to stop everyone else while letting Butler go 1 on 1.

It worked.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawt take machine said that Brown would be like James Worthy. I asked if he thinks Brown will be a hall of famer.

He said he does and tried use Grant Hill to back the claim. lol

I mean…

If the Celtics win like 3 titles than he probably will be.

But saying he is on track now is a massive exaggeration.

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson are on track now.

Got to accomplish a lot more to get to that level.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On other forums i heard it though

But back to jaylen. In a vacuum we both agree he's not hall of fame level.

My point is the narrative will be there because he's on a great team and will win rings. They will say he's 2nd option scorer lol the media is dumb they vote for hall of fame right? So he'll get in, just like Klay will get in.

I'm assuming Tatum/brown win at least 2-3 rings together though so that's where we might disagree

That is an insane assumption.

It is possible, for sure.

But more likely they lose to the Warriors and end up with 0.

Just a few months ago the buzz was the Boston was going to have to trade Brown because it wasn’t working. Then Boston got hot.

Winning multiple titles is really hard.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart

Dude, I get you are excited for your boy, but you got to chill out.

Nobody going to take anything you say seriously if you keep spouting off homer nonsense like this.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a few months ago the buzz was the Boston was going to have to trade Brown because it wasn’t working. Then Boston got hot.

I'm just calling it how i see it. People are underrating the hell out of Tatum due to his pre prime growing pains. You have to remember that players don't hit their true primes until about 23 years old (which would be this season for tatum).

Jayson Tatum is like the wing version of Tim Duncan to give you a comparison.

Alltime great defense but he's still going to give you 25PPG and very good passing.

This is Tatum's 3rd conference finals and he's 3-1 in game sevens, his only loss in game sevens were when he was a teenager 19 years old against prime lebron.

Tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old - can get 5-6 assists any game - 6-7 rebs any game and elite defense. He's basically the perfect player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Canada is a sports waste land though with rotten fans so I’m not surprised they found a way to make it about them. Horford is retreating and the Heat need a bucket. Do you idiots honestly think he’s thinking about a basketball game from 2019 in that moment?!?! Dafuq? Barney fans are retarded:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just calling it how i see it. People are underrating the hell out of Tatum due to his pre prime growing pains. You have to remember that players don't hit their true primes until about 23 years old (which would be this season for tatum).

Alltime great defense but he's still going to give you 25PPG and very good passing.

This is Tatum's 3rd conference finals and he's 3-1 in game sevens, his only loss in game sevens were when he was a teenager 19 years old against prime lebron.

Tied Kobe for most playoff points at 24 years old - can get 5-6 assists any game - 6-7 rebs any game and elite defense. He's basically the perfect player.
You’re a homer, bro. Good luck with the ball licking though.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't let these bullies in here tell you you're wrong, K2T. :D

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean…

If the Celtics win like 3 titles than he probably will be.

But saying he is on track now is a massive exaggeration.

Draymond Green and Klay Thompson are on track now.

Got to accomplish a lot more to get to that level.
Klay\Green are locks even if they retire now i would say.

Curry\Klay\Dray have already passed Fisher\Kobe\Shaq for most playoff series wins.

Curry\Dray\Klay already have more playoff series wins then Fisher\Kobe\Shaq.

I would say Dray\Klay are hall of famers even if they retired today.