• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about respect, it should start with Tatum. You ever seen a f'n stud eliminate the caliber of Durant, Giannis, butler all in one playoff run? Shockingly all before the finals also.

Coming into game 7, Tatum was averaging same points as butler but 5% better TS and eFG, higher rebounds and assists.

Tonight Tatum had more rebounds, assists, blocks and most important the conference finals mvp.

Outplayed butler just like how he outplayed Giannis and Durant.

This f'n guy man. Reaching a god level PEAK. His supporting cast is very good though as well and better then their zero all nba selections show
this Celtics team is good but its far from being a great team.

The Garnett Celtics would DESTORY them.

Going through- a Nets team with no continuity that was a mess mentally, missing Simmons and Harris- and never was able to put it together the whole season- hence a 7 seed.

Going through a Bucks team that was good- but was missing Middleton- a 20-5-5 guy

and Going through a very medicore- as far as conference finals go- Heat team- that was beat to crap.

Tatum- I have as a top 10 guy right now- but he is not in his prime- and still has growing up to do. Great player- All NBA - maybe/prob. first team- but all else being equal- if it was just a 7 game series- there are still a number of guys I take over him right now- not many- but still multiple.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this Celtics team is good but its far from being a great team.

The Garnett Celtics would DESTORY them.

Going through- a Nets team with no continuity that was a mess mentally, missing Simmons and Harris- and never was able to put it together the whole season- hence a 7 seed.

Going through a Bucks team that was good- but was missing Middleton- a 20-5-5 guy

and Going through a very medicore- as far as conference finals go- Heat team- that was beat to crap.

Tatum- I have as a top 10 guy right now- but he is not in his prime- and still has growing up to do. Great player- All NBA - maybe/prob. first team- but all else being equal- if it was just a 7 game series- there are still a number of guys I take over him right now- not many- but still multiple.

With all that said, they can still win a title.

After that, good, great, somewhere in between...none of it matters.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all that said, they can still win a title.

After that, good, great, somewhere in between...none of it matters.
totally agree.....the lack of real elite teams in the NBA does make it fun from a predictability standpoint. Honestly- depending on health, some good/bad breaks- I think there were prob. 7-8 teams that could have won the title this year---- which is honestly unheard of in the NBA.

Its not a surprise to me- that with the lack of elite teams- that good, stable, well coached teams like the WArriors, Heat, Celtics, made it so far---- when there is a lack of a team that is elite- those attributes go far.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
totally agree.....the lack of real elite teams in the NBA does make it fun from a predictability standpoint. Honestly- depending on health, some good/bad breaks- I think there were prob. 7-8 teams that could have won the title this year---- which is honestly unheard of in the NBA.

Its not a surprise to me- that with the lack of elite teams- that good, stable, well coached teams like the WArriors, Heat, Celtics, made it so far---- when there is a lack of a team that is elite- those attributes go far.
Was wide open this year. It was last year too but that was more injury plagued.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its good Bam had a solid game tonight--- all though it was against a Williams who was literally limping up and down the court at times and a burnt Al Horford.

During the playoffs - I am looking at it right now-- Bam averaged 14.2 pts and 7.8 rebounds per game. He averaged 9.1 shots per game---- less than Max Strus.

That is not max level production- and thats not what you need from your max-player, all star in the postseason.

On day 1 of the season I said Bam needs to be more aggressive.

Regular season he started doing that a LITTLE bit--- finishing averaging 19 and 10. For a max guy- all star- in his 5th season to see his numbers decline in the playoffs is not what you want to see.

If Mobley maxes out as Bam I will be severely disappointed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was wide open this year. It was last year too but that was more injury plagued.
I totally agree.

That Bucks team was pretty good---- but certainly not a team to remember. Giannis kind of willed that one- and again- it wasnt exactly a murderers row to the finals....albeit Middleton was healthy

in Game 4 against the Celtics this year- their starting lineup had Giannis of course--- Holliday- who is somewhere between prob. the 25th and 40th best player in the league--- and the rest of their starters were Brook Lopez, Wes Mathews and Grayson Allen......thats pretty dogshit when you think of your typical NBA championship contender.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of the 8 Semi Final teams, only Dallas seemed like a team that could not win a Title.

To me anyway.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wanting to forget him. LOL. Got paid the big bag and then completely disappeared. That was an impressive list you put together of players who did the same thing. Much respect for your memory and basketball knowledge. I wonder why it's mostly big men that this happens, too. Maybe it's a food thing? They're more prone to overeating?

Who is that?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart
Now Tatum is Kobe!!! Hahahaha that is shit hilarious. Tatum might be around a top 10 player in the NBA. Kobe was different.

Boston has a long way to go to be in the same breath as the W’s. Right now, they shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. The good thing for Boston this isn’t the best of the Warriors the Cavs faced. Their depth was insane too. Their offense was better, their defense was elite of elite. If Boston can’t compete with this Warrior team good luck. The East is going to be a beast the next couple years, same with the West with teams having injuries this season. This is really the best time to win, this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 8 Semi Final teams, only Dallas seemed like a team that could not win a Title.

To me anyway.
id edit that slightly to be more specific as "of the 8 semi final teams, only dallas seemed like a team that could not win a title THIS YEAR".

I dont know how different it will be next year either really.

I do think that a Nets team - with Durant and Kyrie playing together for a majority of the season, a healthy Harris, and IF (which is a big IF- a HUUUUGE IF) Simmons can regain some form, stay healthy and sane- they are a very talented team- maybe the only team with a chance to be an elite team.

As much as a crapped on the Lakers- and I have no CLUE HOW they could add a 3rd guy and solid ancillary pieces- LeBron and Davis is not a bad place to start- but the problem is- I, and everyone else- acknwoledges that it is EXTREMELY unlikely they can significantly add to the roster in their current state.

The Clippers are interesting with Kawhi and George- considering they were actually a decent/solid team even without those 2.

Who knows with the Suns with the Ayton question- and their absolute choke job this year---- I see no reason to trust them if Ayton leaves and CP3 is a year older- coming off the excruciatingly crazy choke job they had this year. Bridges has taken some big steps....maybe if he takes another they can stabilize as a top tier contender if Ayton leaves.

The Warriors will be good again. Poole of course stepped up. Kuminga is an absolute wild card because he has extraordinary talent. I do know that I was always terrified of Klay against the Cavs- in a 7 game series I think you couldve counted on him to be nails for at least 5-6 games.....now that is obviously not the case. Curry will be what? 34 next year? What does Poole get paid? At least 20? 25? Is Wiggins gone in the offseason? Can you pay Klay, Curry, Draymond, Wiggins, and Poole all at least 25 ( with Curry and Klay making 40)?

I dont know how the Heat can readily improve and add someone of significance. No one is going to touch Lowry or Robinson's deals- at least not for anything of serious value. It seems there most likel road to improvement lies with Herro and BAm taking that next step.

Dallas needs a lot of help. Jazz have issues. Memphis still needs to develop- JJJ isnt going to be a true #2 for at least another couple years. CAn they add someone big time? I doubt it.

Sixers- do have Maxey stepping up--- but the Harden question- do you resign him and give him TONS of money? Do you sign and trade him? There might not be good answers there.

The Nugz may be interesting if Porter and Murray can get and stay healthy. Again- big if's for both.

to make a long story short- it seems that we will probably have another season of a pretty wide open NBA with no true tier 1 teams unless Kyrie and Simmons stay healthy and sane and that is a huuuge question mark.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is that?

Andris Biedrins. Warriors signed him to a big contract after he showed promise early on in his NBA career. His game then completely nosedived and his basketball career ended at the age of 28.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id edit that slightly to be more specific as "of the 8 semi final teams, only dallas seemed like a team that could not win a title THIS YEAR".

I dont know how different it will be next year either really.

I do think that a Nets team - with Durant and Kyrie playing together for a majority of the season, a healthy Harris, and IF (which is a big IF- a HUUUUGE IF) Simmons can regain some form, stay healthy and sane- they are a very talented team- maybe the only team with a chance to be an elite team.

As much as a crapped on the Lakers- and I have no CLUE HOW they could add a 3rd guy and solid ancillary pieces- LeBron and Davis is not a bad place to start- but the problem is- I, and everyone else- acknwoledges that it is EXTREMELY unlikely they can significantly add to the roster in their current state.

The Clippers are interesting with Kawhi and George- considering they were actually a decent/solid team even without those 2.

Who knows with the Suns with the Ayton question- and their absolute choke job this year---- I see no reason to trust them if Ayton leaves and CP3 is a year older- coming off the excruciatingly crazy choke job they had this year. Bridges has taken some big steps....maybe if he takes another they can stabilize as a top tier contender if Ayton leaves.

The Warriors will be good again. Poole of course stepped up. Kuminga is an absolute wild card because he has extraordinary talent. I do know that I was always terrified of Klay against the Cavs- in a 7 game series I think you couldve counted on him to be nails for at least 5-6 games.....now that is obviously not the case. Curry will be what? 34 next year? What does Poole get paid? At least 20? 25? Is Wiggins gone in the offseason? Can you pay Klay, Curry, Draymond, Wiggins, and Poole all at least 25 ( with Curry and Klay making 40)?

I dont know how the Heat can readily improve and add someone of significance. No one is going to touch Lowry or Robinson's deals- at least not for anything of serious value. It seems there most likel road to improvement lies with Herro and BAm taking that next step.

Dallas needs a lot of help. Jazz have issues. Memphis still needs to develop- JJJ isnt going to be a true #2 for at least another couple years. CAn they add someone big time? I doubt it.

Sixers- do have Maxey stepping up--- but the Harden question- do you resign him and give him TONS of money? Do you sign and trade him? There might not be good answers there.

to make a long story short- it seems that we will probably have another season of a pretty wide open NBA with no true tier 1 teams unless Kyrie and Simmons stay healthy and sane and that is a huuuge question mark.
If Ja doesn’t get hurt, we’re existing in a different universe, maybe, possibly.

I was only talking about this playoffs. But moving forward, Dallas doesn’t change with an off season of aging. Luka will be great, but European. So, I mean, kindve a pussy. And I’m gonna be honest, of all the exceptional talent this side of TBeard, the most likely to get fat, aside from tJoker, but he’s on a health and body kick like Draymond, is Luka imo. He’s not trim. And we know he’s soft due to his lack of being bullied at public school. It won’t be next year. But it’s waiting.

I’d bank on the whatever the fuck the Lakers try and pull before Dallas moving forward. You don’t get lucky with Europe twice. They’re lucky they got lucky once.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ja doesn’t get hurt, we’re existing in a different universe, maybe, possibly.

I was only talking about this playoffs. But moving forward, Dallas doesn’t change with an off season of aging. Luka will be great, but European. So, I mean, kindve a pussy. And I’m gonna be honest, of all the exceptional talent this side of TBeard, the most likely to get fat, aside from tJoker, but he’s on a health and body kick like Draymond, is Luka imo. He’s not trim. And we know he’s soft due to his lack of being bullied at public school. It won’t be next year. But it’s waiting.

I’d bank on the whatever the fuck the Lakers try and pull before Dallas moving forward. You don’t get lucky with Europe twice. They’re lucky they got lucky once.
ehhh..I think Memphis is still a couple years away. Ja is great obviously but Memphis had no elite talent at all beside him. I absolutely think JJJ will get their- but at this point in his career I think you could only count on him having big games a couple times a series- if that.

they were a good regular season team because they were young, fresh, deep, and athletic. In the post season when rotations shorten up, and the game is played more in the half court, and teams arent taking nights off through the long slog of the NBA regular season- they kind of showed that they arent their yet. They need another guy that they can count on to score and that puts fear in the other team. No one on that team is scary at this point beside Ja. Not even really close.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhh..I think Memphis is still a couple years away. Ja is great obviously but Memphis had no elite talent at all beside him. I absolutely think JJJ will get their- but at this point in his career I think you could only count on him having big games a couple times a series- if that.

they were a good regular season team because they were young, fresh, deep, and athletic. In the post season when rotations shorten up, and the game is played more in the half court, and teams arent taking nights off through the long slog of the NBA regular season- they kind of showed that they arent their yet. They need another guy that they can count on to score and that puts fear in the other team. No one on that team is scary at this point beside Ja. Not even really close.
If Jackson played for Dallas, I would’ve still thought it was 7/8.

But it would’ve been Memphis I discounted.

But he plays for Memphis. And his skill set and talent is rare.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think BAm showed this post season that he would be a great 3rd but is over-caste as a 2nd. Still only 25- so there is hope he can get there. He is not in his prime. But I think he just lacks the mentality.

I just dont think teams fear Bam- and go into a series thinking- what do we have to do to stop this guy. For a maxplayer- all star I think he disappointed.

Lowry got hurt- and when he did play he was a good scrappy leader that showed up here and there- exactly what I thought you were getting when he was signed- not someone I would look foward to paying 60 million for the next 2 years when he will be 37 and 38 once the playoffs roll around.

Duncan Robinson- he of the 90 million dollar contract- made himself unplayable on a team that had a ton of injuries. I dont see how you move off that deal and get value back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First game I saw him in college my comment was:

This kid is one and done and doesn’t care.

And he didn’t.

I still question his motivation. It’s lacking. He has the ability to be great.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jackson played for Dallas, I would’ve still thought it was 7/8.

But it would’ve been Memphis I discounted.

But he plays for Memphis. And his skill set and talent is rare.
oh yah--- JJJ is gonna be an absolute stud. I love his mentality too. However, at 22 - he wasnt ready for the big time on a game in game out basis. Big men develop slower. They just do. I think he will become a multi time all star and a guy that can be counted on and a guy that the other team has to game plan for--- but i think that is still a couple years away. Shit- I know this is obvious to say- but 2 years from now he will only be 24- and i think he will be a ton better than he is right now.

Dallas- no one scares you beside Luka on a game to game basis. Brunson had his moments but its not a guy you can count on 5-6 times in a 7 game series to be one of the best players on teh court. They need a true #2- or at least a high level #3. Brunson could be a #3 I suppose--- but they just dont have enough right now.