• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Miami Heat vs. 2) Boston Celtics

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw

Grant was a savage his first 6 Seasons in the NBA.

ROY, 7 time All-Star, 1st Team All NBA once, 2nd Team 4 times, 2X NCAA Champion.

Yeah, that will get you into the HOF.

I like the newbie.

But, like most of us, the homerism is strong in that one....lol
Tatum can retire right now and he would already have the greatest career a duke player ever had.

So yeah that will tell you how much I think of grant and his 2 superstar seasons lol

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except no one said that first thing.
On other forums i heard it though

But back to jaylen. In a vacuum we both agree he's not hall of fame level.

My point is the narrative will be there because he's on a great team and will win rings. They will say he's 2nd option scorer lol the media is dumb they vote for hall of fame right? So he'll get in, just like Klay will get in.

I'm assuming Tatum/brown win at least 2-3 rings together though so that's where we might disagree

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Jaylen is better then Tatum is a bigger hot take then saying jaylen could be a hall of farmer in my opinion.

Tatum is clearly the best player come on.

While jaylen is the sidekick to the best player in the league. You're telling me he can't make the hall of fame while winning multiple rings making 5 all stars and playing for the most historic franchise in history? Webber made it with 5 all stars winning nothing and playing for the kings lol

Narrative has a lot to do with hall of fame. I'm not saying jaylen in a vacuum is a hall of famer. I'm saying he's good enough to be a hall of famer due to the situation he's in and the team he's on. Very similar to how a guy like klay will be a hall of famer but would of never sniffed a hall of fame if he played for your thunder or some trash team like that.

This Tatum/brown duo could make 5+ finals, their young enough and Tatum is great enough. When stuff like that happens, hall of fame voters go by narrative.
If you are refering to me, word of advice...

Don't be that guy that rearranges the truth, okay?

I clearly said as a defender.

It's really easy to verify who said what.

Tatum the better player, Brown the better defender.
A case could be made that Brown is a better defender than Tatum.

...and Smart, Time Lord anchor the defense.

Horford too.

Hell, Derek White, Williams are good too.

I see why you are #2.

I guess our difference of opinion comes down to criteria.

You are obviously taking things into consideration outside of individual, man to man defense.

Thybulle is a better individual defender.

Tatum the better all around player.

But, that's just my opinion on the matter.

Doesn't mean I'm right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On other forums i heard it though

lol

Aaaah yes, the old I heard it on other forums excuse...never heard that one before.
My point is the narrative will be there because he's on a great team and will win rings.

Really...just gonna start lining them up, huh? He better get busy because at his age, Worthy already had 3 rings and a finals mvp.

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Aaaah yes, the old I heard it on other forums excuse...never heard that one before.

Really...just gonna start lining them up, huh? He better get busy because at his age, Worthy already had 3 rings and a finals mvp.
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum can retire right now and he would already have the greatest career a duke player ever had.

So yeah that will tell you how much I think of grant and his 2 superstar seasons lol
Dunno about that.

Tatum is the better shooter across the board.

But, Grant was more accomplished.

Despite your best attempts, most of us know Grant was good 3x as long as you'd like us to believe and you can't discount his College career.

Believe me, I've tried many, many times with Bill Walton.

But, if you compare both guys first 6 years, the thing that sets them apart is the accolades and Grant's NCAA chips.

Grant also has the luxury of " What if"...

If he hadn't gotten hurt, would he have won in Orlando?

We will never know.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was he was never good enough to be the man. However, Tatum is. We just haven't seen tatum's prime until like January, although he was coming into it by 2020s.

2010s Tatum was like 90s kobe

This is 2020s of him is a whole new beast

And jaylen is hitting his peak years as a top 15ish player

So curry is Tatum, brown is klay, smart is draymond.

Danny ainge went out and built the east coast warriors. They just told him to f*ck off before letting them grow and most importantly letting their best player peak (Tatum).

I can see this as a start of a dynasty. It's just about Rob Williams or somebody replacing Horford in a few seasons. But Horford at this point in his career is just a Robert Horry type anyway. The big 3 is already there Tatum brown smart
I understand your excitement about your team.

They are fantastic and your core is still so young.

But, you are getting ahead of yourself a bit.

Even if you take out all the injured players like Kawhi, Lillard, George, Davis, Zion, Beal....

Top 15 is a little optimistic for Brown, no?

I can lean top 20.

I'm not onboard with top 15.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat lost by 4, Butler plus minus was -4, because....all 48

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno about that.

Tatum is the better shooter across the board.

But, Grant was more accomplished.

Despite your best attempts, most of us know Grant was good 3x as long as you'd like us to believe and you can't discount his College career.

Believe me, I've tried many, many times with Bill Walton.

But, if you compare both guys first 6 years, the thing that sets them apart is the accolades and Grant's NCAA chips.

Grant also has the luxury of " What if"...

If he hadn't gotten hurt, would he have won in Orlando?

We will never know.
Hill was very very good and on the verge of hitting superstar status in 2000 but never quite hit it before injury in my opinion. Sorry but grant hill never reached best in the world status like current Tatum, not even close. I don't even think hill had the highest peak of the 90s as that was pippen.

Tatum is godlike right now, I'm about to make a 2nd post about it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill was very very good and on the verge of hitting superstar status in 2000 but never quite hit it before injury in my opinion. Sorry but grant hill never reached best in the world status like current Tatum, not even close. I don't even think hill had the highest peak of the 90s as that was pippen.

For fuck sake enough with this nonsense
Enough GIF - Enough - Discover & Share GIFs

Kawhi_2_Murray

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta dudes played 44+ minutes...but only Butler played all 48

Mad respect
Talk about respect, it should start with Tatum. You ever seen a f'n stud eliminate the caliber of Durant, Giannis, butler all in one playoff run? Shockingly all before the finals also.

Coming into game 7, Tatum was averaging same points as butler but 5% better TS and eFG, higher rebounds and assists.

Tonight Tatum had more rebounds, assists, blocks and most important the conference finals mvp.

Outplayed butler just like how he outplayed Giannis and Durant.

This f'n guy man. Reaching a god level PEAK. His supporting cast is very good though as well and better then their zero all nba selections show

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about respect, it should start with Tatum. You ever seen a f'n stud eliminate the caliber of Durant, Giannis, butler all in one playoff run? Shockingly all before the finals also.

Coming into game 7, Tatum was averaging same points as butler but 5% better TS and eFG, higher rebounds and assists.

Tonight Tatum had more rebounds, assists, blocks and most important the conference finals mvp.

Outplayed butler just like how he outplayed Giannis and Durant.

This f'n guy man. Reaching a god level PEAK. His supporting cast is very good though as well and better then their zero all nba selections show
Who's this Tatum character you keep mentioning?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shaq-inside-the-nba.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would surprise me if any of the 4 conference finals teams makes it back to the conference finals next year.