• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Dubs fan and I think its fun. They play so well that it keeps me engaged no matter the quality of opponent. They do stuff that's just insane on possessions. I think you just don't like it because you want someone to beat them. Not in the sense of you hate them, but in the sense of you need the idea of someone being able to beat them. For example, you watch this game 1 and are like "Well shit. They just clowned their best competition. The rest of the playoffs are gonna be boring as shit" and I'm like "Holy shit. This is nuts. They just clowned their best competition. How much more of this are they gonna do?"

Exactly. I don't see why any NBA nerds (and we all are for posting here every day) wouldn't enjoy watching the sport being played at the highest level. I get that Ws fans will love it more, but I wasn't a Bulls fan and I enjoyed watching Jordan and Pippen and Rodman dominate. I loved Hakeem. I enjoyed LeBron in Miami. Greatness is exciting to watch, if all you care about is who wins in the end why watch at all? Just check the paper to see who won the Finals.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I don't see why any NBA nerds (and we all are for posting here every day) wouldn't enjoy watching the sport being played at the highest level. I get that Ws fans will love it more, but I wasn't a Bulls fan and I enjoyed watching Jordan and Pippen and Rodman dominate. I loved Hakeem. I enjoyed LeBron in Miami. Greatness is exciting to watch, if all you care about is who wins in the end why watch at all? Just check the paper to see who won the Finals.
I agree, as a Laker fan, I loved to watch the showtime Lakers of the 80's.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why I said in November/December that I'll hold off on anointing the Rockets to anything until May rolls around. D'Antoni always approaches the playoffs as I'll just outscore anyone.

when i read this a sentence popped into my head. old one, too. what was it...?:scratch:

oh yeah...

"DEFENSE wins championships"...:D

guess that's lost on some...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when i read this a sentence popped into my head. old one, too. what was it...?:scratch:

oh yeah...

"DEFENSE wins championships"...:D

guess that's lost on some...

Hey, he'll win you 60 games in the regular season and have some people bite on the bait.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It just depends on the type of person you are.

But I would say most people want to see a competitive game if they don't have a rooting interest for the teams. Not too many people want to see the Patriots win 42-13 in the Superbowl so they can watch the majesty of Bill Bilichek at work. If I watch the Superbowl and its over by the first half I'm like ... this sucks.

It's pretty normal. It just is what it is.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to spark an earlier debate.....thoughts?

He's right. Dude knows his role, and he ain't trippin'.
He might be "overlooked" by some...but not by many.

That's the beauty of the Dubs. Every night their opponent has to pick their poison.
They have 4 legit, and sometimes 5 all star caliber starters on the floor that can just go off and beat you...and then to make it even better, they have arguably the best bench in the league to back them up.

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right. Dude knows his role, and he ain't trippin'.
He might be "overlooked" by some...but not by many.

Agreed. For some guys it's not all about money. For Klay, you're already making millions of dollars. If you could win more titles, get more exposure and have a chance at the HOF would it be worth to forgo a few million extra a year? Probably. Why go play for Milwaukee, Indiana, etc.. if you're in a place you don't really like and with a team that's not really going to have realistic title chances?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How to get swept by the dubs 101

The Rockets ran 45 isolations plays in Game 1, and that was the most by any team in 5 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley sucks! Dammit, wrong thread.:doh:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a NBA Nerd.

I'm a enthusiast.

* in before @trojanfan12 I'm a comic book uber-enthusiast *

you-say-tomato-t-shirt-mentalfloss-1.jpg

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a game back in the Run TMC years and moved up to second row center for probably 3 quarters of the game. I was probably 13 or 14 at the time.

Greatest seats ever.
79-80 lakers vs Blazers. I was about to be shipped overseas, so I treated myself to a Lakers game. I drove down to the forum and found a scalper in the parking lot and told him to give me the best seat he has. He comes back shows me the ticket and says 20 bucks and hands me the ticket. I walk inside not knowing where I was going and i get ushered down to the floor, next to Jack Nicholson.

Best.
Seat.
Ever.

The Blazers no longer had Walton but did have Maurice Lucas and Kermit Washington. 2 of the badest mf'ers ever.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
79-80 lakers vs Blazers. I was about to be shipped overseas, so I treated myself to a Lakers game. I drove down to the forum and found a scalper in the parking lot and told him to give me the best seat he has. He comes back shows me the ticket and says 20 bucks and hands me the ticket. I walk inside not knowing where I was going and i get ushered down to the floor, next to Jack Nicholson.

Best.
Seat.
Ever.

The Blazers no longer had Walton but did have Maurice Lucas and Kermit Washington. 2 of the badest mf'ers ever.
But Jack doesn’t sit center court, does he? He is about half way between center and base.

My seats were better.

:lock1:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually thats part of your clowniness that we all laugh at you about. We get it. You're the board clown.
As long as we win. I guess Kerr gets some credit for last night. Though I didn't really understand the explanation, the pundits were saying that the lineup the Warriors used and the way they were playing limited the effectiveness of Capella. That's good.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. For some guys it's not all about money. For Klay, you're already making millions of dollars. If you could win more titles, get more exposure and have a chance at the HOF would it be worth to forgo a few million extra a year? Probably. Why go play for Milwaukee, Indiana, etc.. if you're in a place you don't really like and with a team that's not really going to have realistic title chances?

Klay is easily going to make 200M in his career, if not more. He's living in the Bay Area, revered by fans and his peers in the NBA and he's banging IG models left and right. Oh and he's also making all-star teams and winning championships. Dude is living the dream.