• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been decided.

@Montalban

You can use this avatar for our bet. The month starts as of tomorrow. Here is the picture to use:

keo1r.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him going 4/5 the game before is exactly what points to doing it now.

He’s a 40% shooter for a reason. Law of averages.

He’s simply not going to get points. The offense has no rythmn.

With the warriors offense it was brilliant.

It would take years for the rockets to come back strictly on capella free throws and that’s assuming GS isn’t scoring.

A team that loves the 3 ball getting 3? Or maybe getting 1?

Capella shot 56% on the season.

Not good, but a far cry from 40%. He is more likely to make 2 than miss 2.

Like I said, up 10 they are probably winning regardless. The ONLY way they lose is if the offense tanks and they stop scoring. But, if you give the Rockets the ball 10 times instead of 6, it increases the odds that they make up a 10 point deficit. That is my entire point.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo almost lost an arm in the playoffs before and he got right back in there with the other arm. No excuses.

CP3 got alot of bitch in his blood IMO.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You picked the Rockets because, as you said on numerous occasions, the Rockets were clearly the superior team.
Don't be a fool. It doesn't suit you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you like me now?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You picked the Rockets because, as you said on numerous occasions, the Rockets were clearly the superior team.
I wouldn't be woofin' too hard if I was you. If Chris Paul hadn't got hurt I think they would have won it. "Superior" team doesn't necessarily mean "more talented" team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, I did not know you wanted the 'dumbest post on The Hoop' award. But you now have the lead, congrats! :thumb:
Actually it probably earns me the smartest post on the Hoop" award. And I say that in a humble way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be woofin' too hard if I was you. If Chris Paul hadn't got hurt I think they would have won it. "Superior" team doesn't necessarily mean "more talented" team.

Just stop.

If Iggy hadn't got hurt it would have been Dubs in 5.

Both teams had key injuries. You were wrong. Own it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.

Who knows. But the CP3 injury excuse is lame. Don't bank on players who haven't been able to make it through a full season in years to be there for a huge game late in the playoffs. Kerr made that comment because D'antoni was apparently douchey enough to tell Durant that they would have won if CP3 was on the floor. I'm sure there are a lot of CP3's former coaches that have thought that many times.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. But the CP3 injury excuse is lame. Don't bank on players who haven't been able to make it through a full season in years to be there for a huge game late in the playoffs. Kerr made that comment because D'antoni was apparently douchey enough to tell Durant that they would have won if CP3 was on the floor. I'm sure there are a lot of CP3's former coaches that have thought that many times.
Availability is absolutely an ability. Saying the Dubs would have won in 5 had Iggy played is the same as saying the Rockets would have won games 6 or 7 had CP3 played which is the same as saying the Rockets would have won game 7 if they just changed half the 27 missed 3s into made 2s.

It is all ability based, and only 1 team put everything together to continue their season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop.

Perhaps, but no doubt it would have been Rockets in six if Paul were healthy. Tough to blame their failure on the Rockets but the Warriors failure in games 4 and 5 were all on them. The big three disappeared in the 4th quarter of both games and that can't happen, especially through lack of focus and effort which seemed to be the case.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but no doubt it would have been Rockets in six if Paul were healthy. Tough to blame their failure on the Rockets but the Warriors failure in games 4 and 5 were all on them. The big three disappeared in the 4th quarter of both games and that can't happen, especially through lack of focus and effort which seemed to be the case.
How can you ignore the Iggy injury while focusing on the CP3 injury??

If no injuries occurred, the series would not have gone longer than 5.

But Iggy is old, so discounting his injury risk is on the Dubs. Equally, CP3 has injury history, so ignoring that is on the Rockets. Just like IF curry had gotten hurt, there is a history there, so it would have been on the Dubs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you ignore the Iggy injury while focusing on the CP3 injury??

If no injuries occurred, the series would not have gone longer than 5.

But Iggy is old, so discounting his injury risk is on the Dubs. Equally, CP3 has injury history, so ignoring that is on the Rockets. Just like IF curry had gotten hurt, there is a history there, so it would have been on the Dubs.
The difference to me is the Warriors could have.....should have won both games without Iguodala, yhey just choked in the 4th quarter. The Rockets had no chance without Paul.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference to me is the Warriors could have.....should have won both games without Iguodala, yhey just choked in the 4th quarter. The Rockets had no chance without Paul.

So the superior Rockets team going into the series. But then the Warriors are SUPPOSED to win games without a starter (playoff starter and clear 5th best player on the team) against said superior team.

You can't have it both ways. You can't blame the Warriors for losing to the Rockets if you believed the Rockets were superior. You can't both expect the Warriors to win and lose at the same time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the superior Rockets team going into the series. But then the Warriors are SUPPOSED to win games without a starter (playoff starter and clear 5th best player on the team) against said superior team.

You can't have it both ways. You can't blame the Warriors for losing to the Rockets if you believed the Rockets were superior. You can't both expect the Warriors to win and lose at the same time.
Oh really? He does it all the time. It's his troll style.