• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, maybe. Let's say Chris Paul gets hurt again for a significant length of the regular season. Or even Harden. If they make the playoffs healthy that's all that would matter. I'm not including LBJ because LOL at him getting seriously injured.

But you have to have something beyond that.

Unless they were able to dump the Ryan Anderson contract, which I think would be difficult to do, they would need to probably trade Eric Gordon. Actually they would almost certainly have to trade Gordon to keep CP3 and bring in Lebron

That would mean they would have a roster of

Harden
CP3
Lebron
Nene
Ryan Anderson
PJ Tucker
Qi
Onuaku

And that's it.

That's an awful lot of vet minimum players they would be bringing in to play meaningful minutes.

Of course you can never assume that a team can't get creative but it seems like they Rockets would need to mortgage the future on a bet for next year in a pretty heavy way.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not speaking in ifs.

Fact:

Fouling immediately almost doubles the number of possessions for each team. Therefor it essentially extends the game by 15-20 second last every time you do it.

When you are up 10 with 3 minutes left, that is not proper strategy.

It worked. But it was like splitting Kings in blackjack. Why the hell would you want to do that? They were going to win with what they had.

Capella could go 0-4 or he could go 4-4. Both are about equally likely for a 50% shooter.

Unfortunately none of what you stated was factual. It was all opinion.

Saying something isn’t proper strategy is your opinion.

And splitting 10s is a horrid analogy considering the odds of getting a 10/ace is 38%. Which is actually lower then the odds of Capela making a free throw.

And when splitting the cards you need to connect on both.

Capela missing just 1 is a major benefit. As it was.

Look, not fouling Capela isn’t stupid either. But deciding to do it was absolutely not a bad move.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I feel sorry for Rockets fans. Watching these two games, 1 win away from the Finals would suck.

lwyO4y1.png

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montalban Condolences on your loss.

We can start the avatar bet tomorrow and let it commence for the full month.

@msgkings322 any suggestions for an Avatar?

:dhd:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do feel bad for the Rockets. I would have loved to see both teams at full strength for the duration of the series. CP3 was I thought the best player for the Rockets in the series until his injury. But also people under estimate the importance of Iguodala with this squad. You see his numbers and they don't jump out at you, but he's not only a calming presence, but he's one of our primary facilitators and also our best perimeter defender against a heavy perimeter oriented team. Every box the Warriors were lacking in the last few games was Iguodala's strengths.

Rockets put up a helluva fight and all due respects to them.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have an avatar bet w/ montalban?:laugh3: Oh dis gonna be good.

He picked the Rockets, I took the Warriors if they met in the WCF. Only stipulation was that we both got to select two players from each team to call off the bet if they were injured at the START of the series. If they got injured during the course of the series the bet was still on.

So he lost.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately none of what you stated was factual. It was all opinion.

Saying something isn’t proper strategy is your opinion.

And splitting 10s is a horrid analogy considering the odds of getting a 10/ace is 38%. Which is actually lower then the odds of Capela making a free throw.

And when splitting the cards you need to connect on both.

Capela missing just 1 is a major benefit. As it was.

Look, not fouling Capela isn’t stupid either. But deciding to do it was absolutely not a bad move.
You assume that the count is unknown.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He picked the Rockets, I took the Warriors if they met in the WCF. Only stipulation was that we both got to select two players from each team to call off the bet if they were injured at the START of the series. If they got injured during the course of the series the bet was still on.

So he lost.

Will he honor the bet?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I feel sorry for Rockets fans. Watching these two games, 1 win away from the Finals would suck.

lwyO4y1.png

yep. very unfortunate. they were so close. They had 1 piss poor quarter in each game. Even if they were simply average in their bad quarter last night they would have one. of course, you can't say not having one of their best players didn't hurt them. they took some horrendous shots for 3 last nights game. All they needed was 4 of the 27 misses........... :L:L