• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it depends on matchups. The Blazers are really the only team that can utilize a double high pick and roll with two premiere scoring guards. Against the Jazz or Clips, Pachulia would be much more valuable to the team. As is, I don't think it's enough to shake up the rotation just yet. Pretty much against any other team in the West, other than the Blazers, I would much prefer to have Pachulia out there to start the game.

I think some of it is the design of the Warriors defense and how the Blazers are kind of built to exploit the weakspots.

The Dubs do as well as any team I have ever seen in defending the 3 point line. They also do pretty darn well protecting the rim. The trouble with the Blazers is that they have 2 players capable of going off the bounce and creating mid range shots, where Klay, Iggy, Cury etc. are basically on islands defensively.

The only other team that comes close to the Blazers offense in this regard is Cleveland. I don't think Pachulia's rim protection is a problem against Portland. I do think McCollum and Lillard expose the "holes" in the Warrior defense as well as anybody.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of it is the design of the Warriors defense and how the Blazers are kind of built to exploit the weakspots.

The Dubs do as well as any team I have ever seen in defending the 3 point line. They also do pretty darn well protecting the rim. The trouble with the Blazers is that they have 2 players capable of going off the bounce and creating mid range shots, where Klay, Iggy, Cury etc. are basically on islands defensively.

The only other team that comes close to the Blazers offense in this regard is Cleveland. I don't think Pachulia's rim protection is a problem against Portland. I do think McCollum and Lillard expose the "holes" in the Warrior defense as well as anybody.

Yeah I agreed it was much more of a matchup issue than it is a persisting problem. It isn't Pachulia's rim defense that was a problem, it was when they were involving him in the pick and roll that most affected the Warriors defense. McGee's length and athleticism to recover makes him more suitable to being able to guard this, but again if you put in him with the starters, someone has to take McGee's second unit spot.

McCollum and Lillard present a unique "problem" for the Warriors that not many teams can replicate. Even yesterday I thought Klay for the most part was in good position a lot of the time against McCollum or Lillard, they just hit some amazing and tough shots, especially McCollum.

In future rounds, Pachulia's defense is hedged by playing him with both Durant and Green who are great rim protectors at their positions. If you played him on the second unit with guys like Livingston, Clark or Iguodala, that rim protection is much more needed which he wouldn't be able to provide.

kippy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it now

Blazers are going to win this series.

if you're serious- explain how they can possibly accomplish this. They are outmanned at virtually every position

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun Fact:

Ian Clark is 23-30 against the Blazers this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and picked up that 7'3" kid who actually didnt look that bad in the season finale.

Shit, if nothing else, the kid is 7'3"...can't teach size. If he can move at all, he may be able to at least help a little on defense by altering some shots.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Nurkic can come back. Warriors can absolutely get punished down low.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agreed it was much more of a matchup issue than it is a persisting problem. It isn't Pachulia's rim defense that was a problem, it was when they were involving him in the pick and roll that most affected the Warriors defense. McGee's length and athleticism to recover makes him more suitable to being able to guard this, but again if you put in him with the starters, someone has to take McGee's second unit spot.

McCollum and Lillard present a unique "problem" for the Warriors that not many teams can replicate. Even yesterday I thought Klay for the most part was in good position a lot of the time against McCollum or Lillard, they just hit some amazing and tough shots, especially McCollum.

In future rounds, Pachulia's defense is hedged by playing him with both Durant and Green who are great rim protectors at their positions. If you played him on the second unit with guys like Livingston, Clark or Iguodala, that rim protection is much more needed which he wouldn't be able to provide.
I think the point of Dame & McCollum presenting defensive problems on the perimeter is why you need JaVale in to start. He's already proven he's athletic enough to defend the pick & roll & also recover to the rim. Pachulia can not do either of those things. And with the second unit you play West who also can defend the pick & roll & help defend the rim. My point is that you have rim protection to start the game because you don't want that back court to get into a rhythm by getting to the rim for easy lay ups early in the game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurkic out for game 2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should say that to draymond and see what he thinks about what you said

He changes the entire gameplan for the Warriors, he is probably the most important player for Portland. He can shoot from outside and mid-range but also play inside. He takes Draymond out of the paint kinda like Kevin Love does when Dray guards him. He is a huge difference-maker.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He changes the entire gameplan for the Warriors, he is probably the most important player for Portland. He can shoot from outside and mid-range but also play inside. He takes Draymond out of the paint kinda like Kevin Love does when Dray guards him. He is a huge difference-maker.

Doesn't really make a difference in whether Portland wins or not though.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hambombs

If you are going to rate my post BS, then you at least need to respond with some type of counter. That is weak.

Every defense is designed to take away certain types of shots while forcing others. My analysis of GS is on point. They aim to force contested mid range shots and Portland has 2 players that can make them.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD questionable for game 2 with a Calf Strain. Kind of big considering they're already down Matt Barnes too. If he doesn't play McCaw likely will have to start and Iguodala will be stretched longer minutes.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Hambombs

If you are going to rate my post BS, then you at least need to respond with some type of counter. That is weak.

Every defense is designed to take away certain types of shots while forcing others. My analysis of GS is on point. They aim to force contested mid range shots and Portland has 2 players that can make them.

Yoo must of been accidentally lol it happens sometimes when I'm scrolling down on my phone