• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs 8) Portland Trailblazers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pachulia is pretty useless in helping to the defend the pick and roll.
This is EXACTLY why I say JaVale should start. I'm not saying he should play the entire game. There's a way to start him but keep him around the same amount of minutes he's been playing - with the understanding the guys in the normal rotation will have increased minutes to a degree.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is EXACTLY why I say JaVale should start. I'm not saying he should play the entire game. There's a way to start him but keep him around the same amount of minutes he's been playing - with the understanding the guys in the normal rotation will have increased minutes to a degree.

The problem with moving Javale to the first unit is that you'll have to find someone take over his spot with the second. The thing I think that works is that Pachulia is very rarely, if ever with the finishing group. It means that if you started Javale, you'd have to find someone (McAdoo or Looney if not Pachulia) to fill his role with the second team. Pachulia's value only decreases when he's not playing along side KD and Draymond at the 3 and 4 spots.

Right now as is Pachulia gets the run with the 1st unit, Javale comes in for the second, DWest covers a few minutes in the second and 4th quarters and the small unit finishes the second and 4th.

As of right now there isn't a need for a change. However, in say the Finals, or maybe even semi's, where you'll see the Warriors go to a reduced rotation, there may be a scenario where Pachulia gets cut from the rotation entirely, to go with Javale to start and the Warriors go smaller more often.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with moving Javale to the first unit is that you'll have to find someone take over his spot with the second. The thing I think that works is that Pachulia is very rarely, if ever with the finishing group. It means that if you started Javale, you'd have to find someone (McAdoo or Looney if not Pachulia) to fill his role with the second team. Pachulia's value only decreases when he's not playing along side KD and Draymond at the 3 and 4 spots.

Right now as is Pachulia gets the run with the 1st unit, Javale comes in for the second, DWest covers a few minutes in the second and 4th quarters and the small unit finishes the second and 4th.

As of right now there isn't a need for a change. However, in say the Finals, or maybe even semi's, where you'll see the Warriors go to a reduced rotation, there may be a scenario where Pachulia gets cut from the rotation entirely, to go with Javale to start and the Warriors go smaller more often.
See I think West is a better option to play more minutes than to give up so many easy baskets at the rim that Pachulia does. Pachulia has fast hands in terms of stripping the ball- but his inability to jump really makes him a liability for the team because there's no last line of defense at the rim. And when they play teams with fast guards - like Portland - they were running amok when he was in there. JaVale may not be able to block everything but the key is he changes a lot of shots & prevents those guards from getting in point blank range.

I think it's too risky to allow teams to establish a flow in the paint early in games. And I think they can prevent this if they change the rotation & lessen Pachulia's minutes.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I think West is a better option to play more minutes than to give up so many easy baskets at the rim that Pachulia does. Pachulia has fast hands in terms of stripping the ball- but his inability to jump really makes him a liability for the team because there's no last line of defense at the rim. And when they play teams with fast guards - like Portland - they were running amok when he was in there. JaVale may not be able to block everything but the key is he changes a lot of shots & prevents those guards from getting in point blank range.

I think it's too risky to allow teams to establish a flow in the paint early in games. And I think they can prevent this if they change the rotation & lessen Pachulia's minutes.

I honestly think it depends on matchups. The Blazers are really the only team that can utilize a double high pick and roll with two premiere scoring guards. Against the Jazz or Clips, Pachulia would be much more valuable to the team. As is, I don't think it's enough to shake up the rotation just yet. Pretty much against any other team in the West, other than the Blazers, I would much prefer to have Pachulia out there to start the game.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think it depends on matchups. The Blazers are really the only team that can utilize a double high pick and roll with two premiere scoring guards. Against the Jazz or Clips, Pachulia would be much more valuable to the team. As is, I don't think it's enough to shake up the rotation just yet. Pretty much against any other team in the West, other than the Blazers, I would much prefer to have Pachulia out there to start the game.
I get that.

But with Portland's back court I just don't think they should take any chances. They don't want to let this series go into 6 or 7 games.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that.

But with Portland's back court I just don't think they should take any chances. They don't want to let this series go into 6 or 7 games.

It will be a fun 4 games

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are weak in the paint as well - probably because they don't have a true center and that's what Bogut was hopefully going to bring them. The horrible free throw shooting is another thing I didn't mention. I remember Lebron said he would shoot 80% in the playoffs. Don't see how that happens when you're shooting below 70% for the year.
look at all the best teams in the league--- none of them have high level centers--- Golden State, Cleveland, SAn Antonio, Houston, Boston, Washington, Toronto,

the only really good teams with a high level center is the Jazz and the Clips and if you wanna call the Grizzlies good---- but really- the jazz clips and grizz are all at best 2nd tier teams still.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Maybe not this year as much but in recent years if a player touched him he would get the call.
seriously....that has to frustrate lebron so bad who is penalized for his size and strenght. if he got all the calls guys like curry and IT etc. got- and the refs actually called it by the book- he would lead the league in free throws by a mile every single year. LeBron was 12th in fta's per game this year. thats a fucking joke - ESP considering the mpg's he had.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at all the best teams in the league--- none of them have high level centers--- Golden State, Cleveland, SAn Antonio, Houston, Boston, Washington, Toronto,

the only really good teams with a high level center is the Jazz and the Clips and if you wanna call the Grizzlies good---- but really- the jazz clips and grizz are all at best 2nd tier teams still.

Boston is probably the smallest team in the East or in the playoffs. Horford is 6'9" and Amir is 6'9" but there are guards that rebound better than him. All the elite teams don't have a true center but idk Cleveland is struggling on the boards of late. Love and TT need to do a better as well as the guards, they need to help out and crash the boards. I saw too many players standing around and not crashing the boards after missed shots.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was in relation to their help defense, particularly their rim protection where the Cavs have little of that. You don't need an all star center to have a rim protector. I don't even think the Cavs have a true center on their roster.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was in relation to their help defense, particularly their rim protection where the Cavs have little of that. You don't need an all star center to have a rim protector. I don't even think the Cavs have a true center on their roster.
they dont---well- besides that kid they just picked up for Sanders.

the Cavs actually said they would sitll be open to Sanders coming back next year---- but they felt they needed a guy who could more immediately as least be servicable as a bench guy to paly some garbage time etc....and picked up that 7'3" kid who actually didnt look that bad in the season finale. Sanders DEF. WAS THE 15th man i said he was . lol. I like that hte Cavs are aggressive like that though--- leave no stone unturned.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is probably the smallest team in the East or in the playoffs. Horford is 6'9" and Amir is 6'9" but there are guards that rebound better than him. All the elite teams don't have a true center but idk Cleveland is struggling on the boards of late. Love and TT need to do a better as well as the guards, they need to help out and crash the boards. I saw too many players standing around and not crashing the boards after missed shots.
Boston's rebounding is not good.....giving up offensive rebounds is just back breaking in the playoffs.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously....that has to frustrate lebron so bad who is penalized for his size and strenght. if he got all the calls guys like curry and IT etc. got- and the refs actually called it by the book- he would lead the league in free throws by a mile every single year. LeBron was 12th in fta's per game this year. thats a fucking joke - ESP considering the mpg's he had.
Stop the whining. Steph doesn't get half the calls LBJ gets. Especially when we consider LBJ travels on just about every possession & not to mention all the offensive fouls he commits but never gets called for. SMH

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the Cavs have a true center on their roster.

Muther fuker!:exploding: What the hell do you call Tristan Thompson?:noidea:. That fella's a superhero. Up in the air it's a bird, it's a plane...it's the Canadian Kardassian. Don't disrespect him again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston's rebounding is not good.....giving up offensive rebounds is just back breaking in the playoffs.

This is why I never really took the Celtics seriously as far as giving the Cavs a challenge in the East. Going off just 1 game in the playoffs, the only teams I see taking the Cavs to 6:

Bucks
Wizards
Bulls (if they play out of their minds)

Cavs are still going to the Finals though.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCullom and Lillard are pretty good!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never really took the Celtics seriously as far as giving the Cavs a challenge in the East. Going off just 1 game in the playoffs, the only teams I see taking the Cavs to 6:

Bucks
Wizards

Agreed wizards best chance. I think Bucks length will make them work harder though on offense.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bucks
Wizards

Bucks probably give them the absolute toughest challenge. The teams that generally give the Warriors the most problems are teams that are physical and have great wings who can defend and switch. The Bucks do this really well and are versatile. If Giannis D's up Lebron, he's probably the one guy who can give him a challenge.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the whining. Steph doesn't get half the calls LBJ gets. Especially when we consider LBJ travels on just about every possession & not to mention all the offensive fouls he commits but never gets called for. SMH

I cant tell you don't watch games lol. Offensive fouls? When he gets mauled and they don't call it? When he is driving to the hoop and the player is not in position and that player gets bulldozed, it is not an offensive foul. Sorry.