• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, Houston - GS decides the West imo. As great as Lillard and C.J. can be, it probably won't be enough especially since they don't have a post presence to highlight that GS weakness. Portland could win 1, maybe 2.

Yeah pretty sure Houston series is going 7 games. And TBH honest I like our chances, but with the way Houston has been playing it's going to come down to pretty much who has the better close out games between Harden and Steph.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty sure Houston series is going 7 games. And TBH honest I like our chances, but with the way Houston has been playing it's going to come down to pretty much who has the better close out games between Harden and Steph.
I think the dubs win in 6. I am eager to see the Bogut/Capella match up.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you crazy? Liability? The only reason you're saying that is because he's Cousins and you expect A LOT. Dollar for dollar this year that's not the case.

And yes, everybody knows what Harden brings. Capela brings things that the W's can't compensate for. He was killing them the last CF's and I don't see what's changed for this year.
Actually, Boogie is a liability EVERY time teams put him in the pick & roll. That is no secret. And it would actually be 10x worse with Hou since that's Harden's "go-to" when his lanes are cut off. Bogut is big enough to change those shots & deny Capela at the rim. It will be a good match up to watch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I'm talking about when they get him in the air then run under him. I'm talking about what Harden does.

Me too.

The flying leap of a close out on the shooter that leads to those calls is bad defensive technique. Players from young ages are taught to close out with hands up and feet on the floor.

While I don't love the call either, I don't think you should award the defender for being out of control on a close out.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

The flying leap of a close out on the shooter that leads to those calls is bad defensive technique. Players from young ages are taught to close out with hands up and feet on the floor.

While I don't love the call either, I don't think you should award the defender for being out of control on a close out.

Yeah, it's like that call against Auburn in the Final Four. It's totally the right call and the rule should never change.

Shrinkucci

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to the Warriors-Rockets round 2 series. I think the Rockets are ready to finally beat the Warriors. They most likely would have last year if Paul had stayed healthy. I'm not a fan of the Rocket style of play--too much dribbling and one-on-one--but they can score, they play smart, and they play really tough D. I think it will go 7 and be hellaciously competitive. The winner of this series will most likely be the NBA champs this year. Final thought: Harden is unreal as far as getting to the basket and scoring. OKC blew it big time letting him go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

And that's great, but this does not always happen on a close out. Often it's not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's like that call against Auburn in the Final Four. It's totally the right call and the rule should never change.
Agree but this isn't the call I am talking about. I'm talking about when the guy with ball gets defender in air going more straight up, then runs or leans under him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Durant do the closing for the Warriors.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be over tonight if the Warriors decide to compete.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to compete when you're not scheduled to play

Based on their pattern of lazy and pathetic play, it would not surprise me at all if they didn't score a single point tonight.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to the Warriors-Rockets round 2 series. I think the Rockets are ready to finally beat the Warriors. They most likely would have last year if Paul had stayed healthy. I'm not a fan of the Rocket style of play--too much dribbling and one-on-one--but they can score, they play smart, and they play really tough D. I think it will go 7 and be hellaciously competitive. The winner of this series will most likely be the NBA champs this year. Final thought: Harden is unreal as far as getting to the basket and scoring. OKC blew it big time letting him go.
Chris Paul wasn't the only player injured in that series that made a difference. If Iggy doesn't get hurt that series was going to be over in 5 games.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Durant do the closing for the Warriors.

If given the option, same. But I was talking about close out games, not close out situations. Harden in the past, has been horrible when it came to elimination games. Curry has generally been good. If there's a reversal this could be huge to determine the winner of a series between these two teams.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If given the option, same. But I was talking about close out games, not close out situations. Harden in the past, has been horrible when it came to elimination games. Curry has generally been good. If there's a reversal this could be huge to determine the winner of a series between these two teams.
That is my fear with this particular Warrior team.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on their pattern of lazy and pathetic play, it would not surprise me at all if they didn't score a single point tonight.

I guarantee that they won't miss a single shot tonight.