• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this W's team beating the Rockets. Capela is going to burry them if they do meet up. They don't have anybody that can counter what he brings now that Boogie's done.

Boogie is a liability against The Rocket scheme. Bogut and Looney are not.

Harrell is a better offensive basketball player than Capella, IMO.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was 4th in 4th quarter scoring.....

Clutch.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Gets away with a travel, but who cares?”

Lol wtf

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you crazy? Liability? The only reason you're saying that is because he's Cousins and you expect A LOT. Dollar for dollar this year that's not the case.

And yes, everybody knows what Harden brings. Capela brings things that the W's can't compensate for. He was killing them the last CF's and I don't see what's changed for this year.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you crazy? Liability? The only reason you're saying that is because he's Cousins and you expect A LOT. Dollar for dollar this year that's not the case.

And yes, everybody knows what Harden brings. Capela brings things that the W's can't compensate for. He was killing them the last CF's and I don't see what's changed for this year.

Harrell's offensive game is probably more refined than Capela. The Rockets and Warriors will basically decide the West, and probably the championship as well. But to say that the Warriors stand no chance because Boogie's done for the playoffs is not a well thought out statement given that Boogie's in no way a defensive threat, and the Warriors beat the Rockets last year without him.

Looney's better than last year, and they have Bogut who looks like he's serviceable at the very least.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chill.

Only talking about defense. I was responding to your post saying Capella would tear them up.

And yes, Cousins is a poor pick and roll defender. Bogut and Looney are much better there.

And Capella will get buckets, but he is really just a roll finisher. Capella is very good at his job , but It is Harden, CP3 and the Houston scheme that has made Capella what he is today.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that they mentioned Draymond dropped 25 pounds to get back into shape.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact this series is this close (obviously over now) is kinda crazy. The Clippers have zero AS’s and Gallinari has been shit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that for a superstar call?

LOL.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the league looks at it for next year
Have wanted them to for a while......and please look at changing the rules on a guy getting a guy in the air, then running under him to draw the foul when the guy in the air is forced to land.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game dubs!!:yes::clap:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have wanted them to for a while......and please look at changing the rules on a guy getting a guy in the air, then running under him to draw the foul when the guy in the air is forced to land.

That is frustrating, but also really bad defense. Don't think that rule is changing.

If the offense gets the defender out of control flying at him, then the defender isn't inblegal guarding postion. The defense is entitled to the spot on the court as lon as they get there first, but if they go from A to B and crash into an offensive player it is a bad play by the defense.

I don't like how guys like Harden throw their bodies into the airborne defender, but I also don't think that will change. Defenders have to be smarter on their contest and stop leaving their feet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is frustrating, but also really bad defense. Don't think that rule is changing.

If the offense gets the defender out of control flying at him, then the defender isn't inblegal guarding postion. The defense is entitled to the spot on the court as lon as they get there first, but if they go from A to B and crash into an offensive player it is a bad play by the defense.

I don't like how guys like Harden throw their bodies into the airborne defender, but I also don't think that will change. Defenders have to be smarter on their contest and stop leaving their feet.
OK, but I'm talking about when they get him in the air then run under him. I'm talking about what Harden does.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed it, Is this a real comment......

57674237_541730069683741_2140299086836793344_n.jpg

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but I'm talking about when they get him in the air then run under him. I'm talking about what Harden does.

Tough to say, this has always been prevalent in the NBA. The NBA has actually done a lot to clean up some of the contact, but unfortunately there will always be gray areas when it comes to defender contact with the offensive player. Not really sure what they can do to alter this. Honestly, in these situations I'm ok with giving the offensive player a shooting foul. If he did enough to get his defender off the ground and in a compromised position, I have no problem awarding the offensive player free throws. It sucks, but in the grand scheme of things there are worse ways to officiate the game.

But at least one thing I liked is that the NBA cleaned up the swing through shooting fouls. Can you imagine how many less free throws Karl Malone would have had if that was implemented back in the day. He was the king of that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looney might be the best for that matchup. Capela will still do work on the glass. Bogut is ok, nice rebounder that plays low minutes. Still a very good defensive player.
It's the reason why GS doesn't need Cousins and like I have said before, they are very well better without him.

A blessing in disguise for GS, the injuries just keep favoring GS lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney might be the best for that matchup. Capela will still do work on the glass. Bogut is ok, nice rebounder that plays low minutes. Still a very good defensive player.
It's the reason why GS doesn't need Cousins and like I have said before, they are very well better without him.

A blessing in disguise for GS, the injuries just keep favoring GS lol

Looney is much better at guarding the perimeter. Bogut's better against the Clippers because he's a much better rim defender.

Think it all comes down to matchups. Against OKC, Bogut's more valuable against Adams, but against Portland, Looney is more valuable as a defender, etc. Each opponent provides a different set of problems, but at least the Warriors have two guys who can defend against either situation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looney is much better at guarding the perimeter. Bogut's better against the Clippers because he's a much better rim defender.

Think it all comes down to matchups. Against OKC, Bogut's more valuable against Adams, but against Portland, Looney is more valuable as a defender, etc. Each opponent provides a different set of problems, but at least the Warriors have two guys who can defend against either situation.

Either way, Houston - GS decides the West imo. As great as Lillard and C.J. can be, it probably won't be enough especially since they don't have a post presence to highlight that GS weakness. Portland could win 1, maybe 2.