• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well first of all- it does not matter if they are "capped" because since they traded for him and had his Bird Rights they could pay him as much as they wanted
And they offered as much as they could at the time. More of a dis to make no offer, isn't it? You are only guessing they wouldn't offer more when they could.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe overall, but Green was far more important in those series. Pretty sure he was MVP if they won Game 7.

So if you really put it that way you think GS would be better if they just had Curry and Draymond or Curry and Klay.

Do you want a lights out shooter and a guy that can defend the opposing teams best player night after night OR do you want a guy that can maybe have a big (20 points) every 5 games or so and basically do the dirty work?

Draymond being a second option would mean the opposing team would actually guard him though. I think if you think about it this way, it's a no brainer who the 2nd option was until KD.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kemba or Klay is a lock to get that....and if either player get that then IMO they didn't deserve it.

I wouldn't give anyone that deal if you're not a top 10 player/superstar

Kyrie probably even though I wouldn't give him it either.

If you can't be the top dog on a team and lead us to playoffs and win a series or so then I can't offer you that.

I love Kemba's game but I can't offer him that. Same for Klay

I mean everything is relative to market value, not actual value. The market always dictates contracts and there are so many teams that are flush with cap space this year it makes a guy like Klay not only a hot commodity but also very deserving of that type of max.

If there were no teams with cap space, then obviously Klay's value diminishes. But the Nets, Lakers, Knicks, Mavericks, Clippers, 76ers, Hawks, Pacers, Kings and Bulls all either having max cap space or easily available to create a max slot makes market value sky rocket.

The top guys are gonna get paid this off-season. In other years Tobias Harris wouldn't be a guy who's going to get a max contract, but if I had to guess, he'll get one this year easily.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you really put it that way you think GS would be better if they just had Curry and Draymond or Curry and Klay.

Do you want a lights out shooter and a guy that can defend the opposing teams best player night after night OR do you want a guy that can maybe have a big (20 points) every 5 games or so and basically do the dirty work?

Draymond being a second option would mean the opposing team would actually guard him though. I think if you think about it this way, it's a no brainer who the 2nd option was until KD.
Yet Green was set to be the MVP?

sure, Klay was the second option......on offense.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought defense was the lazy fallback when comparing player worth? Or at least that was your take before.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Klay who should never be a team's first option over a guy who could be on a good (but not great) team?

Klay not perfect either. Think he was smart pissing off Lebron in the middle of a series?
Yes because Butler has a rep for being disruptive in the locker room, Klay does not. Klay just plays basketball.
I think we'll see this if the Sixers decide to keep Harris over Butler.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought defense was the lazy fallback when comparing player worth? Or at least that was your take before.
Funny I was actually going to write this after my post......that everyone falls back on defense and now it's forgotten.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because Butler has a rep for being disruptive in the locker room, Klay does not. Klay just plays basketball.
I think we'll see this if the Sixers decide to keep Harris over Butler.
OK....and if they don't?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was actually going to write this after my post......that everyone falls back on defense and now it's forgotten.
Well, which is it (for you)?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he set to be MVP? Didn't hear anything about that LOL. He had probably the best game of his career when he was hitting wide open 3 pointers but Steph still would have won the MVP from the looks of it.

Klay guards the best offensive player depending on size. You still can't wrap your head around this.

I don't think anyone will agree with you that Draymond is or at any point was the 2nd option for this GS team. I don't get the argument honestly

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he set to be MVP? Didn't hear anything about that LOL. He had probably the best game of his career when he was hitting wide open 3 pointers but Steph still would have won the MVP from the looks of it.

Klay guards the best offensive player depending on size. You still can't wrap your head around this.

I don't think anyone will agree with you that Draymond is or at any point was the 2nd option for this GS team. I don't get the argument honestly
Because you are talking offense only. But you make a good point....Klay a solid defender also. I'm focusing too much, I think, on our Finals' matchups and Green seemed to be a far more important piece in 2015 and 2016.

Your comment about Klay guarding best offensive player "depending on size" is absurd, though. That just means if he's a bigger player it falls on Green and not Klay.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Warriors will squeak this one out in 7 games but will be so discouraged afterward that the Rockets will destroy them.
* rolls eyes theatrically *

3 games left in this series.

One competitive.

Two complete ASS WHOOPINGS.

The Clippers winning one game was unthinkable.

So, they have already exceeded expectations.

But.....The West won't be a cake walk for the Dubs.

A healthy Rockets Team could beat them.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is lying. They offered him a deal and he turned it down because he hated playing with Wiggins and Towns (i wouldn't like playing with Wiggins either tbh)

Wiggy out here acting like Minnesota didn't offer him a deal
Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler has turned down a four-year extension worth $100 million, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Jimmy Butler turns down extension offer from Minne…
www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24089384/jimmy-butler-turns-extension-offer-minn…

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he was supposed to do
Butler signed a five-year, $92.3 million max contract extension with the Bulls just before the 2015-16 season. His deal includes a player option on Year 5, which he can — and likely will —choose to decline to become a free agent, where he could re-sign with Minnesota or look for a new team to play for. The $110 million contract offer on the table is a huge chunk of money; an average of around $27.5 million per year. But by waiting until next summer to sign a contract, Butler increases his net worth dramatically.

If he waits until the 2019 free agency and re-signs with Minnesota, he could sign a five-year max contract extension worth $188 million. What would you do with that kind of money? And if he leaves to sign elsewhere, Butler would easily garner max contract consideration of four years worth $140 million.

The contract extension the Timberwolves offered was the most they could give him, but he will be eligible for a contract worth 30 percent of the salary cap next summer. Why would he pass that up?
Same reason Kawhi and Davis ?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Timberwolves All-Star Jimmy Butler has turned down a four-year extension worth $100 million, a league source confirmed to ESPN.

Jimmy Butler turns down extension offer from Minne…
www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24089384/jimmy-butler-turns-extension-offer-minn…
It's funny because he could be on his way out of Philly next season now that they picked up Tobias. Tobias is just a better fit for them IMO. Plus, it seems he's easier to get along with. Your thoughts?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they offered as much as they could at the time. More of a dis to make no offer, isn't it? You are only guessing they wouldn't offer more when they could.
I mean you are looking at narrowly and not looking at the actual facts that aurround the situation.

If you KNEW with a high level of certainty that you could make at least 4/140, or up to 5/188, 4/110 is not a serious offer that either side would expect to be taken seriously.

If you are looking at it in a vacuum- sure- they offered as much as they could at the time- but make no mistake, neither side saw that as a credible option with any type of likelihood of success.

Its like the LeBron stuff- why did he go year to year (in addition to flexibility)? to get bigger raises each year. To look at it narrowly you totally miss what is actually going on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason Kawhi and Davis ?
and LeBron how he did his--- you wait, you get a ton more money.

the Twolves, Butler, no one, thought that the 4 years/110 was a credible offer that Butler might actually take. Was never going to happen. If the Twolves told him- dont worry- we are giving you 5/188 right now hed in fucking Minnesota happy as a clam ill guarantee you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* rolls eyes theatrically *

3 games left in this series.

One competitive.

Two complete ASS WHOOPINGS.

The Clippers winning one game was unthinkable.

So, they have already exceeded expectations.

But.....The West won't be a cake walk for the Dubs.

A healthy Rockets Team could beat them.
You would think, but then you'd also think the #1 team could hold on to a 31-point third quarter lead against the 8th seed on their home court.
The team looks demoralized and unwilling to do the things it takes to close teams out. No defense, no rebounding and no attention to detail evidenced by the huge amount of sloppy turnovers.
If they correct this behavior then I agree with you, the series should be over in the next three games, but the question is are they willing to correct their behavior and laziness