• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be fair if he thinks he’s a max player in free agency he can make more than 27m annually as a free agent signing elsewhere.

27 is def a lot but previous to the whole blow up with Minny we were talking about him as a 15-20 player in the league.

Which was why he declined it but Minny offered all they could have at that point. Wiggy acting like Minny could have offered more at that point but decided not to....just not true

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there is a big difference between 5 years 38M per year and 4 years 27M per year dont you?

Jimmy Butler rejected the largest-possible extension the capped-out Timberwolves could offer him this summer – a four-year deal worth $100,514,631 ($25,128,658 average annual salary).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As good as Jimmy is, I think you have to be concerned about the impact he is going to have in the locker room, on your younger guys, on your coaching staff, all of that," one general manager said. "He has gotten the benefit of the doubt, but if you look at his history, he's had trouble getting along in Chicago and now in Minnesota.

I've gone back and read some Butler stuff it seems he'd rather fancy himself as a Harden, Westbrook type but he doesn't have the ability to create they do. He would probably be great on Philly if they had.....Clint Capella instead of a ball dominant big like Joel.

Kat is kind of a poor man's Joel

Butler, KD, and Zion in NY could work

(Or completely implode)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler rejected the largest-possible extension the capped-out Timberwolves could offer him this summer – a four-year deal worth $100,514,631 ($25,128,658 average annual salary).
omg this is common sense. The towlves OBVIOUSLY wanted him under that deal- before he was avaliable for his 5 year mega extension that they had NO desire to give him. Butler KNEW that the Twolves were never in bumfuck goign to give him 5 years 188 million so he wanted to force a trade to a team that MIGHT give him 5 years 188M- and he was never EVER EVER going to accept a 4 year 100M dollar deal becuase he knows that the WORST he will do is 4 years 140 once he hits free agency.

I dont blame you for not getting the intricacies of salaries but for shits sake this is mostly common sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough but what we are talking about is the issues he has with each team.
Bulls - had so many issues with team and players.
Same thing happens with the Twolves.
Then when he gets to the 76ers he had an issue with Brett Brown's system. Some of these issues could be overblown but he is still a "ME" guy and he has always been.
Sorry, if I had to choose between two players about the same caliber and one is a team player and one isn't. I am choosing the team player. That's all.
Seems like his issues with Minnesota was other top players wouldn't play hard. Don't you want that in a max type player?

I'd also take the team player over not if they are equal. I think Butler is better than Klay, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've gone back and read some Butler stuff it seems he'd rather fancy himself as a Harden, Westbrook type but he doesn't have the ability to create they do. He would probably be great on Philly if they had.....Clint Capella instead of a ball dominant big like Joel.

Kat is kind of a poor man's Joel

Butler, KD, and Zion in NY could work

(Or completely implode)

Yeah and that's the thing imo. The fit has to be right as well as you have to have the right culture in the locker room to control his ego. He isn't a guy you can just plug and play, etc. Just too much to risk to sign long-term imo.

Klay on the other hand or even Middleton you won't have to be worried about locker room issues and they aren't "ME" guys. They have never been 1st options on teams either so that isn't an issue.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think there is a big difference between 5 years 38M per year and 4 years 27M per year dont you?
there is.....but Minnesota offered the largest deal they possibly could. Hardly makes it seem like they didn't want him which was your contention.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omg this is common sense. The towlves OBVIOUSLY wanted him under that deal- before he was avaliable for his 5 year mega extension that they had NO desire to give him. Butler KNEW that the Twolves were never in bumfuck goign to give him 5 years 188 million so he wanted to force a trade to a team that MIGHT give him 5 years 188M- and he was never EVER EVER going to accept a 4 year 100M dollar deal becuase he knows that the WORST he will do is 4 years 140 once he hits free agency.

I dont blame you for not getting the intricacies of salaries but for shits sake this is mostly common sense.

They wouldn't give him 5 yr/188 ( I don't think any team would) which is nothing against Butler. Those deals are usually reserved for top 10 players aka superstars only but I think he would have been able to get something more than 4 yr/100-110 mil that they offered in the summer if he really wanted to stay in Minny for the long term.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As good as Jimmy is, I think you have to be concerned about the impact he is going to have in the locker room, on your younger guys, on your coaching staff, all of that," one general manager said. "He has gotten the benefit of the doubt, but if you look at his history, he's had trouble getting along in Chicago and now in Minnesota.
OK...in Minnesota wasn't the issue for him that guys didn't play as hard as he did?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you were wrong. Just own it, my friend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and that's the thing imo. The fit has to be right as well as you have to have the right culture in the locker room to control his ego. He isn't a guy you can just plug and play, etc. Just too much to risk to sign long-term imo.

Klay on the other hand or even Middleton you won't have to be worried about locker room issues and they aren't "ME" guys. They have never been 1st options on teams either so that isn't an issue.
So you want Klay who should never be a team's first option over a guy who could be on a good (but not great) team?

Klay not perfect either. Think he was smart pissing off Lebron in the middle of a series?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like his issues with Minnesota was other top players wouldn't play hard. Don't you want that in a max type player?

I'd also take the team player over not if they are equal. I think Butler is better than Klay, though.

What part of his game is better though? You could say he is a little better rebounder and passer but the difference is slight. Everywhere else their game is pretty similiar. Scoring wise, pretty similiar. You could say Jimmy can create his own shot better but either way the points are the same bc Klay is so much better of a shooter.
There isn't enough of a difference to think he is that much better where locker room issues DON'T MATTER.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want Klay who should never be a team's first option over a guy who could be on a good (but not great) team?

Klay not perfect either. Think he was smart pissing off Lebron in the middle of a series?

I don't want Jimmy as my first option LOL. He isn't a leader, that is the point. Klay is perfect for a 2nd or 3rd option. Jimmy won't be a 2nd or 3rd option and he isn't a leader. So it's pretty simple. Why would you want him as the leader of your team?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of his game is better though? You could say he is a little better rebounder and passer but the difference is slight. Everywhere else their game is pretty similiar. Scoring wise, pretty similiar. You could say Jimmy can create his own shot better but either way the points are the same bc Klay is so much better of a shooter.
There isn't enough of a difference to think he is that much better where locker room issues DON'T MATTER.
Oh my. First I will answer your question. Better rebounder, passer/playmaker and not like he's a bad shooter as well as being a stud defender.

Now I'd ask what does Klay do better other than jumpshooting? And how about Klay gets to take his shots as the 3rd option and not the first option like Butler has often been.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Jimmy as my first option LOL. He isn't a leader, that is the point. Klay is perfect for a 2nd or 3rd option. Jimmy won't be a 2nd or 3rd option and he isn't a leader. So it's pretty simple. Why would you want him as the leader of your team?
Jimmy could be considered the 2nd option where he is, with the ball in simmons hands a lot. Guessing Philly knew this when they dealt for him. And you are only guessing they don't want to keep him.

Jimmy was the Bulls' first option and if not for Lebron possible he leads them to the Finals. Think Klay could lead any team to a series win as their #1?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow....if this is only about their game it's Butler all day. Agree he cannot carry a title contender, but he could carry a conference finals contender, and has. Could Klay? Not so sure but my opinion is no chance.

To be fair, we know, or at least think we know, how far Butler can carry a team because he's had the chance.

Klay never has had that chance. I honestly don't see him being able to carry a team as far as Butler. But I can't say I know because he's never had to.

I think Klay is among the best "Robins" of all time, if not the best and don't think he'd be nearly as good in the "Batman" role. But unless and until he gets a chance, I'm not going to say he absolutely can't.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't give him 5 yr/188 ( I don't think any team would) which is nothing against Butler. Those deals are usually reserved for top 10 players aka superstars only but I think he would have been able to get something more than 4 yr/100-110 mil that they offered in the summer if he really wanted to stay in Minny for the long term.
thats what Klay is gonna get and he is DEF. not a top 10 player.

Kemba is gonna get that and he is DEF. not a top 10 player

John Wall got something similar and I dont think he is a top 10 player

Kyrie will DEF. get the offer as well

Chris Paul just got 4/160 which is more than 10M more per season than 4/110

for fucks sake the Conley and Lowry contracts eclipse the AAV of the Twolves "offer" to Butler.

Last edited: