• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he was supposed to do
Butler signed a five-year, $92.3 million max contract extension with the Bulls just before the 2015-16 season. His deal includes a player option on Year 5, which he can — and likely will —choose to decline to become a free agent, where he could re-sign with Minnesota or look for a new team to play for. The $110 million contract offer on the table is a huge chunk of money; an average of around $27.5 million per year. But by waiting until next summer to sign a contract, Butler increases his net worth dramatically.

If he waits until the 2019 free agency and re-signs with Minnesota, he could sign a five-year max contract extension worth $188 million. What would you do with that kind of money? And if he leaves to sign elsewhere, Butler would easily garner max contract consideration of four years worth $140 million.

The contract extension the Timberwolves offered was the most they could give him, but he will be eligible for a contract worth 30 percent of the salary cap next summer. Why would he pass that up?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And also a first offer. Doesn't mean they wouldn't offer more. Seems likely Butler told them he's not staying and asked to be traded.

and we still don't know that Philly wont keep him.

I honestly haven't heard bad things in Philly

Could it be he just doesn't like TT

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's max would be 5 years 188

If they didn't want him around, the wouldn't offer anything.

Also Minnesota could not offer anything else last summer. They gave him their best possible offer

Jimmy Butler rejected the largest-possible extension the capped-out Timberwolves could offer him this summer – a four-year deal worth $100,514,631 ($25,128,658 average annual salary).

Only way they could have offered something more was by clearing cap space

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what he was supposed to do
Butler signed a five-year, $92.3 million max contract extension with the Bulls just before the 2015-16 season. His deal includes a player option on Year 5, which he can — and likely will —choose to decline to become a free agent, where he could re-sign with Minnesota or look for a new team to play for. The $110 million contract offer on the table is a huge chunk of money; an average of around $27.5 million per year. But by waiting until next summer to sign a contract, Butler increases his net worth dramatically.

If he waits until the 2019 free agency and re-signs with Minnesota, he could sign a five-year max contract extension worth $188 million. What would you do with that kind of money? And if he leaves to sign elsewhere, Butler would easily garner max contract consideration of four years worth $140 million.

The contract extension the Timberwolves offered was the most they could give him, but he will be eligible for a contract worth 30 percent of the salary cap next summer. Why would he pass that up?
OK, so as I said. HE decided not to take the deal. Had nothing to do with them not wanting him.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so as I said. HE decided not to take the deal. Had nothing to do with them not wanting him.

The way Wiggy is talking you would legit think these teams never offered Butler a reasonable contract.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

Kd, Kyrie,Kawhi

Then team dependent Kemba (ok the k thing is weird)

The start of the issue was actually if Klay left the Warriors what replacement level players or better are there in FA. Kawhi is a no brainer. After that Kemba and Kyrie don’t fit.

That’s how we got to discussing Jimmy Butler and Khris Middleton.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The start of the issue was actually if Klay left the Warriors what replacement level players or better are there in FA. Kawhi is a no brainer. After that Kemba and Kyrie don’t fit.

while I had my mea culpa earlier I disagree. I took the question as to who would be better than Klay in general. Not just for GS.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would either, but if I wouldn't I'm not paying that much to Klay either.

Fair enough but what we are talking about is the issues he has with each team.
Bulls - had so many issues with team and players.
Same thing happens with the Twolves.
Then when he gets to the 76ers he had an issue with Brett Brown's system. Some of these issues could be overblown but he is still a "ME" guy and he has always been.
Sorry, if I had to choose between two players about the same caliber and one is a team player and one isn't. I am choosing the team player. That's all.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't want him around, the wouldn't offer anything.

Also Minnesota could not offer anything else last summer. They gave him their best possible offer

Jimmy Butler rejected the largest-possible extension the capped-out Timberwolves could offer him this summer – a four-year deal worth $100,514,631 ($25,128,658 average annual salary).

Only way they could have offered something more was by clearing cap space
i think there is a big difference between 5 years 38M per year and 4 years 27M per year dont you?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may not have been the full max but offering someone 27+ mil annually is a lot of money.

Just to be fair if he thinks he’s a max player in free agency he can make more than 27m annually as a free agent signing elsewhere.

27 is def a lot but previous to the whole blow up with Minny we were talking about him as a 15-20 player in the league.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jimmy needs to rename himself kimmy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As good as Jimmy is, I think you have to be concerned about the impact he is going to have in the locker room, on your younger guys, on your coaching staff, all of that," one general manager said. "He has gotten the benefit of the doubt, but if you look at his history, he's had trouble getting along in Chicago and now in Minnesota.