• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.

Middleton not better than Klay.

Butler might be better, but if you polled GMs any alread good team would take Klay because of his shooting and the fact that Butler is a headcase.

Walker is a bett offensive player than Klay. Not a bett player. Especially when you already have a playmaker like Curry.

Kyrie is better, but it comes down to fit.

At this point, I think if the Warriors had to choose between Klay and KD, they are picking Klay. And no. I don't think Klay is nearly as good as KD.
For this GS team Middleton might not be better, but if they lost KD he might be as he can do more. And having Curry has nothing to do with Walker as I only mentioned him as a better FA overall than Klay IMO. Of course not better for GS with Curry.

How do you know a GM takes him as it's always IF you polled them. You can't poll them so have no idea. If a team needs a playmaker who can shoot more than a shooter who is not much a playmaker they take Butler. also a better rebounder and can defend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler is like the anti Klay.

Klay fits with everybody. Not sure Butler fits with other good players. He strikes me as the type that can elevate a bunch of gritty nobodies, but not the guy who can optimize his talents to put a contender over the top.

and he has now had issues on 3 seperate playoff caliber rosters.
Minnesota was going nowhere really and maybe the issue is he didn't want to be there? are we so sure he's having issues in Philly? Think they offer him a max to stay?

Not so sure Klay's such a great guy.....fairly certain he was the only one on GS who didn't stick around to congratulate the Cavs after they won. anti Klay? Might be right......Can't recall Butler ever instigating or calling out Lebron in a playoff matchup against him. Not so smart.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll sort of disagree. I think Lebron gave up as he knew he wasn't going to beat the Celtics with the Cavs roster as constructed at the time. The Warriors are the overwhelming favorite (before Boogie went down) to repeat as champions and are still sitting as the favorites against the field. If it's a situation where KD is just checked out, that's a significantly larger indictment on KD than Lebron when he crashed hard against the Celtics back in 2010.

You don’t think the bucks or raptors stand much of a chance?

Both teams handled the warriors pretty well in the regular season. Don’t sleep on them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to the 4 minute mark.

I wouldn't be shocked if it is true

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see @WiggyRuss thoughts.
i hate jimmy butler with a passion. AS i have said- i think he will be on his 4th team in 5 years- how many great players can say that?

Everyone that has had him has decided its better not to pay him as a one of the top players in the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota was going nowhere really and maybe the issue is he didn't want to be there? are we so sure he's having issues in Philly? Think they offer him a max to stay?

Not so sure Klay's such a great guy.....fairly certain he was the only one on GS who didn't stick around to congratulate the Cavs after they won. anti Klay? Might be right......Can't recall Butler ever instigating or calling out Lebron in a playoff matchup against him. Not so smart.

It is about their games.

They are both top notch defenders.

On offense, Klay does not ever need the ball in his hands and is among the best of all time playing off the ball working off screens for his shot. Defenses need to devote tons of attention to him while also focusing on the playmaker with the ball.

Butler is like the opposite. He isn't that great playing off the ball and he needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Neither is good enough to carry a real contender. Klay's skill set fits ideally with other star players. Butler's does not because Butler needs the ball and Klay doesn't. Klay is much better off the ball. So I really don't care much for Butler's playmaking ability because he wants a lot of his touches in ISO.

And if I have a good team, chances are Butler is not going to be my best ISO player.

So give me the guy who is better off the ball all day every day on a good team.

And if I have the type of team that Butler would fit better with, I probably don't want either. Because 40 wins doesn't really appeal to me.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t think the bucks or raptors stand much of a chance?

Both teams handled the warriors pretty well in the regular season. Don’t sleep on them.

If the Warriors play to their potential, neither team is beating them in a best of 7 series.

Vegas gave the Dubs the best odds in NBA history to win the title.

I don't give the Raptors much of a shot because Lowry becomes a shell of himself when the playoffs roll around.

The Bucks have a solid roster, but when you compare talents, it's still 4 all stars against 1.

Both teams could *challenge* the Warriors (if KD actually is invested mentally), but they're not beating the Warriors.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Warriors play to their potential, neither team is beating them in a best of 7 series.

I don't give the Raptors much of a shot because Lowry becomes a shell of himself when the playoffs roll around.

The Bucks have a solid roster, but when you compare talents, it's still 4 all stars against 1.

Both teams could *challenge* the Warriors (if KD actually is invested mentally), but they're not beating the Warriors.
Actually 3 allstars against 2 (Klay, Curry, KD vs Greek and Middleton)

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton and Kaly is kinda interesting I would say
For sure it’s interesting but the argument was who would you rather have Klay or Middleton and DT just jumped to I’d rather have Kawhi. Lol. Who wouldn’t?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate jimmy butler with a passion. AS i have said- i think he will be on his 4th team in 5 years- how many great players can say that?

Everyone that has had him has decided its better not to pay him as a one of the top players in the game.

@dtgold88

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure it’s interesting but the argument was who would you rather have Klay or Middleton and DT just jumped to I’d rather have Kawhi. Lol. Who wouldn’t?

I would also take Giannis over those two imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fast forward to the 4 minute mark.

I wouldn't be shocked if it is true

Cousins, Dray and KD. That is the triple threat of complainers. And I dont blame the refs. Bitching about every call even if it is an easy call.

Last night when KD fouled out on that moving screen. Not sure who he grabbed but he grabbed the guy going around the screen. GS sets more moving screens than any team easily. Have been for years. I specifically watch the screens sometimes just for shits and gigs and it’s disgusting lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One thing Raptors got going for them is Lowry no longer needs to be their 2nd option.

He is at best their 3rd/4th option

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Raptors got going for them is Lowry no longer needs to be their 2nd option.

He is at best their 3rd/4th option

At what exactly? Scoring? Outside of Kawhi, who on the Raptors is the higher consistent scorer than Lowry? I know they have a deep balanced roster, but your all-stars are supposed to be the ones that come up during playoff time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what exactly? Scoring? Outside of Kawhi, who on the Raptors is the higher consistent scorer than Lowry? I know they have a deep balanced roster, but your all-stars are supposed to be the ones that come up during playoff time.

Siakam avg more than him by about 3 PPG so yeah Lowry isn't exactly their 2nd option.

Siakam avg 17 on 54% shooting and 37% from 3.