• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just asked who could be a better option. I don't think any chance in hell Kawhi would go to GS with no Durant nor Klay but he is better than Klay IMO.

Well you're changing the argument. We went from comparing Middleton and Klay to you saying Kawhi is better. Well ok...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton is a solid fall back plan, but he's also able to make more money in Milwaukee than anywhere else. Generally players on their first big contract (not rookie extension) opt to stay with the team they're at because they can make the most money. Middleton would have to be either unhappy in Milwaukee or Milwaukee seriously offends him with an offer for him to consider leaving. You have to factor all this in when you think of fall back options.

Butler, no fucking way. There's no chance I want him on the roster and I think he'd be a horrible replacement.
Not a fan of his rebounding and playmaking as well as being able to defend as well or better than Klay?

Attitude a concern, sure, but same is true of Kyrie and doubt he's a "no fucking way" for anyone.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of his rebounding and playmaking as well as being able to defend as well or better than Klay?

Attitude a concern, sure, but same is true of Kyrie and doubt he's a "no fucking way" for anyone.

Well so far another Cav poster said Klay and it's not even close. So there's that. Waiting on the tie breaker so to speak, lol.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily Klay and it isn't close. Sexton would have to become an improved passer but I saw strives of that happening. He would get so many assists with Klay on the 3 point line. Love is also a very good passer and I think he would fit very well with Klay.
Are you being serious? Butler already is a very good playmaker and passer. Sexton would not have to become that type of player (all the better if he can).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
competent GMs don't like guys who can shoot, pass, rebound, handle the ball and play D?
Depends on which guy and the alternative

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different argument than for the Warriors. Obviously they sign Klay. I think most top end teams sign Klay.

I could see a select few teams needing more of a playmaker taking Butler. But you risk tipping over the locker room.
Locker room issue a concern for sure...if we are talking ability Butler would be far better for the Cavaliers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams just curious? If the Pistons had a chance right now, who are they taking in your opinion?
I get we cannot take it out of the equation, but in a hypothetical of just ability you think this is as clear cut as you make it seem?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're changing the argument. We went from comparing Middleton and Klay to you saying Kawhi is better. Well ok...
Huh? We went from you asking me who is a better option than Klay. Try and keep up.....with yourself.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams just curious? If the Pistons had a chance right now, who are they taking in your opinion?

Wasn't really thinking a specific team...It would be a tough call for Detroit. If they moved Jackson I could see Butler. With Jackson probably Klay

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On basketball ability it's Butler no question. Need his playmaking ability with Sexton as the other guard.

Isn't to say I'd always take Jimmy, but you said for the cavs

Idk man. They do need another playmaker around Sexton but that pick would most likely be their top 5 this year. We would have to think about that as well.

If there was a couple needs it would be outside shooting and defense. Both bring defense and both great defenders but as far as outside shooting, Klay is much better. Klay would be more of a team guy, Jimmy wouldn't. I don't like that with young players, especially a 2nd year guy in Sexton and the rookie they draft this year.

A couple scenarios:

They get the #1 pick and get Zion:
PG - Sexton
SG - Klay or Jimmy?
SF - Osman
PF - Zion
C - Love

If they select Ja:
PG - Morant
SG - Sexton
SF - Jimmy ---Klay doesn't fit with this lineup
PF - Love
C - TT

If they select RJ:
PG - Sexton
SG - Klay
SF - RJ
PF - Love
C - TT

Klay would be a great fit next to RJ, a great fit. I think it all depends on a lot of factors

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far another Cav poster said Klay and it's not even close. So there's that. Waiting on the tie breaker so to speak, lol.
Did you see his comments after Nets/Philly Game 1? I think he'd take Darnell Valentine over Butler.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get we cannot take it out of the equation, but in a hypothetical of just ability you think this is as clear cut as you make it seem?

Jimmy Butler is a talented player no question. But locker room factor and team fit is an actual issue. With the Cavs it's evident Sexton is your future. With a guy who plays with the ball in his hands as much as he does, it makes perfect sense to pair him with the best off the ball player in the NBA. Butler's skill set is not conducive to Sexton's growth as a leader, as a player, as the future of your franchise.