• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@WiggyRuss
@Shanemansj13

Let's say for argument you could open up a max slot for free agency and you had the ability to choose between signing Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler. Who you going with? I'm talking about for the Cavs, not every team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler or Middleton?

Middleton is a solid fall back plan, but he's also able to make more money in Milwaukee than anywhere else. Generally players on their first big contract (not rookie extension) opt to stay with the team they're at because they can make the most money. Middleton would have to be either unhappy in Milwaukee or Milwaukee seriously offends him with an offer for him to consider leaving. You have to factor all this in when you think of fall back options.

Butler, no fucking way. There's no chance I want him on the roster and I think he'd be a horrible replacement.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JB? No thanks. Middleton would be a serviceable replacement, but I'm not sure he could put up the new volume of scoring that would be required with Durant now gone. But then you'd have to max Middleton too, since he's not coming cheap either.

So pretty much, no Kawhi and it is definitely a HUGE loss. That's why it makes 100% sense for GS to give Klay whatever he wants.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind Kawhi, Kemba and Kyrie, no problem. You'd have no arguments with me there. But there's not one GM in this league right now that if given the option to choose between Jimmy Butler and Klay Thompson that wouldn't choose Klay. Not even a single one.

Middleton is good and would be a replacement for Klay, but certainly not better. Also did you know that Middleton is just a year younger than Klay? Klay is a 5x all star already and Middleton just made his first team. And I'm a big Middleton fan. But he's behind Klay as well if you're ranking guys.
You get team can have a lot to do with all star appearances right? Middleton likely has 4-5 if he plays for GS with 0-1 for Klay on Milwaukee.

Another extreme comment with the not a single GM wants Butler. How do you know? Based on talent alone, I'm sure many would take him. If they felt comfortable with the attitude after talking to him, why not? He can shoot, pass, rebound, handle the ball and play D.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@WiggyRuss
@Shanemansj13

Let's say for argument you could open up a max slot for free agency and you had the ability to choose between signing Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler. Who you going with? I'm talking about for the Cavs, not every team.

Easily Klay and it isn't close. Sexton would have to become an improved passer but I saw strives of that happening. He would get so many assists with Klay on the 3 point line. Love is also a very good passer and I think he would fit very well with Klay.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You get team can have a lot to do with all star appearances right? Middleton likely has 4-5 if he plays for GS with 0-1 for Klay on Milwaukee.

Another extreme comment with the not a single GM wants Butler. How do you know? Based on talent alone, I'm sure many would take him. If they felt comfortable with the attitude after talking to him, why not? He can shoot, pass, rebound, handle the ball and play D.

Ok let me rephrase, no competent GM would take Butler over Klay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Middleton is a solid fall back plan, but he's also able to make more money in Milwaukee than anywhere else. Generally players on their first big contract (not rookie extension) opt to stay with the team they're at because they can make the most money. Middleton would have to be either unhappy in Milwaukee or Milwaukee seriously offends him with an offer for him to consider leaving. You have to factor all this in when you think of fall back options.

Butler, no fucking way. There's no chance I want him on the roster and I think he'd be a horrible replacement.

I hope the W's dump Klay for Jimmy lolzzz

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the W's dump Klay for Jimmy lolzzz

That would be the modern day equivalent of Baron Davis leaving us and then us freaking out and signing Corey Maggette.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Klay and Draymond are 28. They have 4 years left in their prime of basketball years. Well at least that for Klay, arguably less for Draymond since he's seen some massive wear and tear by playing the way he does.
I'll take a guy at 25-27 over 30-32, but that's me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the modern day equivalent of Baron Davis leaving us and then us freaking out and signing Corey Maggette.

I would be fine with them settling for Cousins and giving him max

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@WiggyRuss
@Shanemansj13

That's a different argument than for the Warriors. Obviously they sign Klay. I think most top end teams sign Klay.

I could see a select few teams needing more of a playmaker taking Butler. But you risk tipping over the locker room.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different argument than for the Warriors. Obviously they sign Klay. I think most top end teams sign Klay.

I could see a select few teams needing more of a playmaker taking Butler. But you risk tipping over the locker room.

Which teams just curious? If the Pistons had a chance right now, who are they taking in your opinion?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88
@WiggyRuss
@Shanemansj13

On basketball ability it's Butler no question. Need his playmaking ability with Sexton as the other guard.

Isn't to say I'd always take Jimmy, but you said for the cavs

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was just asked who could be a better option. I don't think any chance in hell Kawhi would go to GS with no Durant nor Klay but he is better than Klay IMO.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On basketball ability it's Butler no question. Need his playmaking ability with Sexton as the other guard.

Isn't to say I'd always take Jimmy, but you said for the cavs

Easily Klay and it isn't close. Sexton would have to become an improved passer but I saw strives of that happening. He would get so many assists with Klay on the 3 point line. Love is also a very good passer and I think he would fit very well with Klay.

Curious to see @WiggyRuss thoughts.