• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that is a good example. He knew he was gone after that series but you can't really do anything if the other team is just better. He was out there by himself and he was taking plenty of shots. He averaged 27, 9 and 7 for the series. That is just a case of getting sick of not having enough around him. KD has all the talent around him in the world, I'm really not sure what his problem is. It's a head scratcher. We know how great the W's are when KD plays at an elite level.
That's why I said in that sense (players around him) it's different. But there were games he quit. I think that team was more talented than the one that went to the Finals in 2007.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said in that sense (players around him) it's different. But there were games he quit. I think that team was more talented than the one that went to the Finals in 2007.

More talented probably so but they were playing the Big 3 in Boston. Hard to take down with no all stars around Lebron. They had Mo, Big Z and shooters but that's about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More talented probably so but they were playing the Big 3 in Boston. Hard to take down with no all stars around Lebron. They had Mo, Big Z and shooters but that's about it.
They did win 60+ and took Cs to 7 with less talent and no home court in the past.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's sign him or no one and that's what it takes, sure. But if they have cap space I'm not so sure.
Glad there are people way smarter and richer than you making that call

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's sign him or no one and that's what it takes, sure. But if they have cap space I'm not so sure.

The Warriors don't have cap space, but let's say hypothetically they do. What do you think the Warriors do with that cap space? Who do they sign that is better or of more value?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,593.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a little too much backlash against KD going on here. Some of it is definitely justified, but most of it is over the top and super critical imho.
There's lots of blame to go around and rightly so..but much of it has already been mentioned/listed ad nauseum.

Can't we just agree that the stars were perfectly aligned for the Clippers to have the better night? It was only 1 game. It happens. Not to mention a certain amount of luck that was involved.

Things that worked against GS:
Injured key player/refs calls/cold shooting late/coaching decisions/complacency

Things that worked for LAC:
Solid defense/refs calls/hot shooting late/coaching decisions/relentlessness

It's now a best of 5 series. I'm sure the Warriors will flip the switch, with KD responding like he's capable of and the rest of the team realizing what they allowed to happen by letting that W at home slip away. I know it's easier said than done but all they need to do is keep those turnovers down, play better defense and stay out of foul trouble. If the Dubs win 1 of the next 2 in LA, we're gonna have a good series. If they can win both, it's over. This isn't their 1st rodeo...they know what's at stake and what they have to do to advance. Lots of pressure on the Clippers now.

I appreciate the analysis but I say we leave all the criticisms, personal attacks, knee jerk reactions and deconstructing alone until this series is over. But I know many won't do that...and it'll be an ongoing assessment instead of the ultimate end result. For good or bad...there will be plenty of praise and blame to go around when it's all said & done.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad there are people way smarter and richer than you making that call
Klay deserves the same type of deal as PG? Curry? Westbrook?

If they are way over the cap and keep all their players, sure (as I said). But if KD leaves and maybe even Green? You think GS is going anywhere paying Klay and Curry around $75-80 mil without those other2?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically i think its 5 years 188M for a max for Klay

i think the most he can get from a different team would be 4 years 140

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay deserves the same type of deal as PG? Curry? Westbrook?

If they are way over the cap and keep all their players, sure (as I said). But if KD leaves and maybe even Green? You think GS is going anywhere paying Klay and Curry around $75-80 mil without those other2?
Green has 1 more year after this one, so it will be the big 3 again. And while I would like to think they win more titles, and they could depending on how things develop over the next few years, if they never win another with this core I'm satisfied. And I prefer to watch Curry and Klay play for my team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors don't have cap space, but let's say hypothetically they do. What do you think the Warriors do with that cap space? Who do they sign that is better or of more value?
If they do have cap space in your hypothetical that would have to imply they do not have Durant, correct? If I am figuring correctly signing Klay at that price takes up all their cap room. They become basically the 2015-16 team again. A very good team then....but 4 years older. Tough spot, but at least they'd have 3-4 titles.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a little too much backlash against KD going on here. Some of it is definitely justified, but most of it is over the top and super critical imho.
There's lots of blame to go around and rightly so..but much of it has already been mentioned/listed ad nauseum.

Can't we just agree that the stars were perfectly aligned for the Clippers to have the better night? It was only 1 game. It happens. Not to mention a certain amount of luck that was involved.

Things that worked against GS:
Injured key player/refs calls/cold shooting late/coaching decisions/complacency

Things that worked for LAC:
Solid defense/refs calls/hot shooting late/coaching decisions/relentlessness

It's now a best of 5 series. I'm sure the Warriors will flip the switch, with KD responding like he's capable of and the rest of the team realizing what they allowed to happen by letting that W at home slip away. I know it's easier said than done but all they need to do is keep those turnovers down, play better defense and stay out of foul trouble. If the Dubs win 1 of the next 2 in LA, we're gonna have a good series. If they can win both, it's over. This isn't their 1st rodeo...they know what's at stake and what they have to do to advance. Lots of pressure on the Clippers now.

I appreciate the analysis but I say we leave all the criticisms, personal attacks, knee jerk reactions and deconstructing alone until this series is over. But I know many won't do that...and it'll be an ongoing assessment instead of the ultimate end result. For good or bad...there will be plenty of praise and blame to go around when it's all said & done.
But the evidence is there, and it's not just that game. Durant has been playing in a disconnected way, almost checked out. Taking less shots, playing less defense. It's not like 2017 when he was a man possessed trying to get his first title.

And that's not unusual, after you get to the top it's hard to keep the same fire. Pat Riley said it, maintaining a dynasty is harder than getting to one. All dynasties end with egos and complacency. How could they not?

Obviously they aren't losing this series. But now Boogie is out, and if KD is like this vs Houston they will lose to the hungrier team

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green has 1 more year after this one, so it will be the big 3 again. And while I would like to think they win more titles, and they could depending on how things develop over the next few years, if they never win another with this core I'm satisfied. And I prefer to watch Curry and Klay play for my team
I could understand that line of thinking with 3-4 rings in the bank already.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do have cap space in your hypothetical that would have to imply they do not have Durant, correct? If I am figuring correctly signing Klay at that price takes up all their cap room. They become basically the 2015-16 team again. A very good team then....but 4 years older. Tough spot, but at least they'd have 3-4 titles.

Yes, let's say they don't have KD, don't have Klay and they have a max slot available to sign a free agent as the hypothetical situation. Do you believe there's any way for the Warriors to improve by signing another player?