• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
competent GMs don't like guys who can shoot, pass, rebound, handle the ball and play D?

Ask the T-Wolves how they liked acquiring Butler. Or ask Chicago how much they valued his play there. Or ask the 76ers if his transition to his team has been seamless. There's a pattern for a reason.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you being serious? Butler already is a very good playmaker and passer. Sexton would not have to become that type of player (all the better if he can).

But we want to see Sexton make those strides. Having a guy like Butler is going to stunt his growth process imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler is a great player and playmaker but he is not a guy that you really want around your young players. It has more to do with everything else than just their play on the court. Both great players but Klay is the better shooter, Jimmy is the better playmaker. Still think it would depend on who the Cavs draft though

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler is a great player and playmaker but he is not a guy that you really want around your young players. It has more to do with everything else than just their play on the court. Both great players but Klay is the better shooter, Jimmy is the better playmaker. Still think it would depend on who the Cavs draft though

Ja Morant isn't much of a shooter. Klay is also taller than Butler at 6'7", so I don't think him being a fit issue next to both Morant and Sexton would be much of an issue, IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk man. They do need another playmaker around Sexton but that pick would most likely be their top 5 this year. We would have to think about that as well.

If there was a couple needs it would be outside shooting and defense. Both bring defense and both great defenders but as far as outside shooting, Klay is much better. Klay would be more of a team guy, Jimmy wouldn't. I don't like that with young players, especially a 2nd year guy in Sexton and the rookie they draft this year.

A couple scenarios:

They get the #1 pick and get Zion:
PG - Sexton
SG - Klay or Jimmy?
SF - Osman
PF - Zion
C - Love

If they select Ja:
PG - Morant
SG - Sexton
SF - Jimmy ---Klay doesn't fit with this lineup
PF - Love
C - TT

If they select RJ:
PG - Sexton
SG - Klay
SF - RJ
PF - Love
C - TT

Klay would be a great fit next to RJ, a great fit. I think it all depends on a lot of factors
Agree with all your choices. With the top one where you ask which one that is a tough call. If we factor in perceived attitude (yes, perceived...I've never spoken to the guy) I'll take Butler....although if they feel like Zion can be a playmaker on Butler's level then I'd go Klay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ja Morant isn't much of a shooter. Klay is also taller than Butler at 6'7", so I don't think him being a fit issue next to both Morant and Sexton would be much of an issue, IMO.

I mean the trio of Sexton, Morant and Klay is definitely exciting. Not much size even though Klay is 6'7" and he can defend SF's. I could definitely work. Not like it is happening :gaah:I would be surprised if the Cavs even took Morant.

I think if the Cavs get the #2 they take Barrett and if they get the #3 Morant is gone. I don't know how I feel about all this lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler is a talented player no question. But locker room factor and team fit is an actual issue. With the Cavs it's evident Sexton is your future. With a guy who plays with the ball in his hands as much as he does, it makes perfect sense to pair him with the best off the ball player in the NBA. Butler's skill set is not conducive to Sexton's growth as a leader, as a player, as the future of your franchise.
I could see it this way, but maybe they would like Sexton NOT to have the ball as much as he doesn't seem to be the playmaker they would want....though he's young and that could change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the trio of Sexton, Morant and Klay is definitely exciting. Not much size even though Klay is 6'7" and he can defend SF's. I could definitely work. Not like it is happening :gaah:I would be surprised if the Cavs even took Morant.

I think if the Cavs get the #2 they take Barrett and if they get the #3 Morant is gone. I don't know how I feel about all this lol
Hope we get to find out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all your choices. With the top one where you ask which one that is a tough call. If we factor in perceived attitude (yes, perceived...I've never spoken to the guy) I'll take Butler....although if they feel like Zion can be a playmaker on Butler's level then I'd go Klay.

Well there is a reason Jimmy has been on 3 teams in 3 years and I really don't see him as a leader or a guy that will develop young players. I don't really see Klay as a leader either but I like his attitude more than Butler. Things you have to factor in when it is so close in comparison.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is a reason Jimmy has been on 3 teams in 3 years and I really don't see him as a leader or a guy that will develop young players. I don't really see Klay as a leader either but I like his attitude more than Butler. Things you have to factor in when it is so close in comparison.
Didn't Butler ask to be traded from the Bulls, though, and Minny moved him because they knew he wouldn't stay? No chance Minny keeps him if he'd have signed an extension?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't his motive. Yesterday he told the Undefeated, "just watch the game, lets just enjoy the game that is being played". I guess he was saying that to his haters. Well maybe he could use that same advice, it seems like he himself is too focused on the chatter, his legacy and all this other stuff when he needs to, "just play the game". He never was like this on OKC. It seemed like he enjoyed the game and the challenges that came with it. Now he is just trying to be someone that he isn't.

If he really cares about his legacy, he will leave the warriors.

In NBA history, players of his caliber (Jordan, Duncan, Wade, Lebron, and Kobe) were “the guy” on their championship winning teams. He joined a team that won over 70 games and he’s viewed by most people as a mercenary. He’s not seen in the same light as the 5 mentioned above.

His talent is on the same level as all of those guys, but those guys actually fought their way to the top instead of just jumping on the bandwagon.

He needs to go to an eastern conference team, be the main option there, and prove his mettle. He’s not getting any credit being curry’s bish.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same team as GS, of course, but I'd say Lebron did this against the Cs in 2010.

We'll sort of disagree. I think Lebron gave up as he knew he wasn't going to beat the Celtics with the Cavs roster as constructed at the time. The Warriors are the overwhelming favorite (before Boogie went down) to repeat as champions and are still sitting as the favorites against the field. If it's a situation where KD is just checked out, that's a significantly larger indictment on KD than Lebron when he crashed hard against the Celtics back in 2010.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay deserves the same type of deal as PG? Curry? Westbrook?

If they are way over the cap and keep all their players, sure (as I said). But if KD leaves and maybe even Green? You think GS is going anywhere paying Klay and Curry around $75-80 mil without those other2?

Klay is not eligible for a supermax like those guys.

But he is worth the max and will get it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll sort of disagree. I think Lebron gave up as he knew he wasn't going to beat the Celtics with the Cavs roster as constructed at the time. The Warriors are the overwhelming favorite (before Boogie went down) to repeat as champions and are still sitting as the favorites against the field. If it's a situation where KD is just checked out, that's a significantly larger indictment on KD than Lebron when he crashed hard against the Celtics back in 2010.
I agree worse for KD, but Lebron with a lesser team IMO took the Cs to a Game 7 without home court in a previous season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
top 5 in the entire class? In the discussion, sure, but I think I'd have Kawhi, walker, Kyrie, Middleton and Butler ahead of him. Depending on need I could see Vucevic being in higher demand.

I just don't see Green/Klay/steph part 2 in their 30s being a title team again.

No way.

Middleton not better than Klay.

Butler might be better, but if you polled GMs any alread good team would take Klay because of his shooting and the fact that Butler is a headcase.

Walker is a bett offensive player than Klay. Not a bett player. Especially when you already have a playmaker like Curry.

Kyrie is better, but it comes down to fit.

At this point, I think if the Warriors had to choose between Klay and KD, they are picking Klay. And no. I don't think Klay is nearly as good as KD.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler is a talented player no question. But locker room factor and team fit is an actual issue. With the Cavs it's evident Sexton is your future. With a guy who plays with the ball in his hands as much as he does, it makes perfect sense to pair him with the best off the ball player in the NBA. Butler's skill set is not conducive to Sexton's growth as a leader, as a player, as the future of your franchise.

Butler is like the anti Klay.

Klay fits with everybody. Not sure Butler fits with other good players. He strikes me as the type that can elevate a bunch of gritty nobodies, but not the guy who can optimize his talents to put a contender over the top.

and he has now had issues on 3 seperate playoff caliber rosters.