• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a F@nnation refugee.

I was unfamiliar with that poster, until recently.

Someone said something similar. But, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

Now?

I think I'll heed the warning.

He's also known to change names. I think he's had 3, 4, or maybe more names here on Sports SportsHoopla, but it's pretty easy to figure out that it's him after a while because he just can't help himself. He's addicted to trolling.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike Howard. But he's extremely gifted as a center. Sure, he could do more to make himself more productive. But when you have Harden hogging the ball, I won't blame Howard for when he leaves the Rockets. I don't believe he's as in as much of a decline as his stats point out - it's more to do with Harden.
I disagree about his decline having to do with Harden. Howard had already begun to stop giving full effort long before he became a Rocket. Playing with Harden has only worsened that habit and given him even more reason to pout and point the finger. Now, I completely agree with everyone regarding Harden's inability to lead his team by example but I have to stop short at saying that's the reason Howard has given up.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't waste your time. He's been doing this act since the ESPN days. A bunch of us migrated here from ESPN about 5 years ago. Somehow he found us and followed us over here. The guy's seriously obsessed. LOL.
Ewwww...we know a couple of people like that from FanNation.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we could never afford Dwight, but Howard and Beverley are the only guys I would take from the Rockets to be on the Warriors. He's not as explosive as he used to be (e.g., he got swatted by Bogut last night), but Dwight is still very good at defense and he makes the most of his opportunities on offense. Harden would instantly kill any team's chemistry. Real MVP, LOL.
Ezili is as good as Howard....and he puts forth an effort.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was. The old Showtime Lakers all say that for the most part, he really was the happy. smiling person that everyone saw. But when it came to what he called "Winnin' time" there was no one more serious or ruthless than he was.

Heck, he clobbered Isaiah in the finals and they were best friends at the time. :lol:
Thomas was another mean son of a gun.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All them guys in those days were mean asses when it came to competition. Jordan. Isaiah. Magic. Larry Bird.

Could you imagine how much these guys would be hurting Harden's little feelers if they were his teammates?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Its worse than the Warriors are letting on, I'm sure. Why would they let the Rockets know what's really happening so that the Rockets can game plan for it. He will definitely not play on Thursday in Houston. Dude can't even make it through a shoot-around, much less a game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All them guys in those days were mean asses when it came to competition. Jordan. Isaiah. Magic. Larry Bird.

Could you imagine how much these guys would be hurting Harden's little feelers if they were his teammates?
Times have changed. I remember when jackie robinson retired rather than accept a trade from Brooklyn to the hated Giants. Now that I can respect.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MJ and Bird would make him cry every single day. Isaiah would have had the rest of the bad boys kick his ass and Magic wouldn't even have allowed him on the court.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ and Bird would make him cry every single day. Isaiah would have had the rest of the bad boys kick his ass and Magic wouldn't even have allowed him on the court.

James Harden is just showing he's not an alpha, with his on-court demeanor. He needs to the be the #2 guy on a team, and have a teammate who will hold him accountable. Unfortunately Dwight was never that guy to pair with him.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Its worse than the Warriors are letting on, I'm sure. Why would they let the Rockets know what's really happening so that the Rockets can game plan for it. He will definitely not play on Thursday in Houston. Dude can't even make it through a shoot-around, much less a game.
How are you so sure? Are you in touch with the team's doctor? On the other hand what does them commenting on the status of Curry have to do with the Rockets game plan? Get real.

The Rockets coaching staff would have to be some kind of stupid to wait on what the media outlets report on Curry prior to putting together a strategy to help them win at least one game. Worst case scenario he plays and they're back to their normal form. A better scenario for them is he doesn't play in game 3 and they have another option to try to steal a game in this series. SMH

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are you so sure? Are you in touch with the team's doctor? On the other hand what does them commenting on the status of Curry have to do with the Rockets game plan? Get real.

The Rockets coaching staff would have to be some kind of stupid to wait on what the media outlets report on Curry prior to putting together a strategy to help them win at least one game. Worst case scenario he plays and they're back to their normal form. A better scenario for them is he doesn't play in game 3 and they have another option to try to steal a game in this series. SMH
No, but looking at the way he hurt it, it doesn't look like an ankle at all, it appears to be the foot and if he can't put weight on that foot, he's done. As for the game plan,, the whole defensive game plan changes without Curry in there; at least it better.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry should sit out until the Warriors lose a game in this series, if he's given clearance to play. Ideally, it would be nice if the Warriors could go up 3-0 without needing Curry, but I would imagine if he's able he'd play game 4 of that series, if for no other reason than to just get back on the court before a potential layoff.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to see Playoff Barnes back. He's been MIA so far in this series. We're going to need him to play at his best if we're going to have success in the next few rounds.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry should sit out until the Warriors lose a game in this series, if he's given clearance to play. Ideally, it would be nice if the Warriors could go up 3-0 without needing Curry, but I would imagine if he's able he'd play game 4 of that series, if for no other reason than to just get back on the court before a potential layoff.
Couldn't agree more that he should rest since the Rockets have a hard time winning even when he isn't playing. But having said that- the Rockets should always be preparing as if he's going to play. Better to have a plan if he does than to not have one & be surprised.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more that he should rest since the Rockets have a hard time winning even when he isn't playing. But having said that- the Rockets should always be preparing as if he's going to play. Better to have a plan if he does than to not have one & be surprised.

Absolutely. Every team makes contingency game plans, with multiple possibilities. No team just says "we're going to do ____" and not have a backup plan in case that goes wrong. I figure the Rockets will prepare for Steph to play, but also build in contingencies if he doesn't.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th?id=OIP.M93e790394947206595706bdc9b7c6dd0H0&w=102&h=164&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.1.jpg

Attachments

• do_not_feed_bear.jpg
    do_not_feed_bear.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 2