• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors (73-9) vs 8) Houston Rockets (41-41)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Harden is just showing he's not an alpha, with his on-court demeanor. He needs to the be the #2 guy on a team, and have a teammate who will hold him accountable. Unfortunately Dwight was never that guy to pair with him.

Agree 100%. Each would likely have at least 1 ring if they could accept being a #2 guy. Problem is, they both think they are #1 guys.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors just listed guard Stephen Curry (right ankle) as questionable for Game 3 of the first round playoff series versus Houston tomorrow.
They are saying on KNBR that he will probably sit until Houston wins a game, and even after that, he would only be questionable.

They will NEED him for the coming rounds. They dont need him for this series. They could beat Houston without Curry AND each player playing with a hand tied behind their backs.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are saying on KNBR that he will probably sit until Houston wins a game, and even after that, he would only be questionable.

They will NEED him for the coming rounds. They dont need him for this series. They could beat Houston without Curry AND each player playing with a hand tied behind their backs.

Makes me wonder what's going on with that ankle. Bodes well for the Spurs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a bunch of radio trolls spouting their opinions (even though I tend to agree with the opinions). The thought process (from the talking heads on the radio) is that if Curry is AT ALL banged up, rest him now, against a team where he is not needed. That way he will be both rested, and more healthy against the teams where he is needed.

Why push him when he isnt needed?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just a bunch of radio trolls spouting their opinions (even though I tend to agree with the opinions). The thought process (from the talking heads on the radio) is that if Curry is AT ALL banged up, rest him now, against a team where he is not needed. That way he will be both rested, and more healthy against the teams where he is needed.

I agree as well. He's not needed for the Rockets. Those fuckers already have their vacation plans booked.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I was right again about Curry missing multiple games. Its not just the ankle, it looks like its the foot and that is bad for the short term.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just ask the Clippers; they'll tell you why.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure everyone remembers ... many people thought the Warriors should not give Curry a big contract after his first years in the NBA because there were questions that he was injury prone (ankles).

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure everyone remembers ... many people thought the Warriors should not give Curry a big contract after his first years in the NBA because there were questions that he was injury prone (ankles).

'Big' contract? Dude's literally the most underpaid player in the game and it's not even close.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Big' contract? Dude's literally the most underpaid player in the game and it's not even close.

Yes. That shows the concern and different in the view on contracts a few years ago. $44M was viewed by some as too much for an "injury prone player".

For a healthy 2-time MVP who is completely changing the game with an expanding salary cap -- it is tremendously cheap.

It is hard to imagine now.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. That shows the concern and different in the view on contracts a few years ago. $44M was viewed by some as too much for an "injury prone player".

For a healthy 2-time MVP who is completely changing the game with an expanding salary cap -- it is tremendously cheap.

It is hard to imagine now.

Yes, I remember many thought the Warriors foolish for giving him that deal when he was oft-injured.

Now?

He's the most underpaid guy in the NBA.

I think Whiteside, with all his warts, is #2.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I remember many thought the Warriors foolish for giving him that deal when he was oft-injured.
Now?
He's the most underpaid guy in the NBA.
I think Whiteside, with all his warts, is #2.

It will be interesting to see how much he is paid. I'm sure many people will say he is overpayed. BUT ... "it only takes one". I'm guessing someone will pay him close to the max. But I'm not sure what that really means ("Max") right now given the new salary cap.

Some team will over pay him. (the "Max")

I really like him as a player ... he is improving ... but some Heat fans are over-hyping.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how much he is paid. I'm sure many people will say he is overpayed. BUT ... "it only takes one". I'm guessing someone will pay him close to the max. But I'm not sure what that really means ("Max") right now given the new salary cap.

Some team will over pay him. (the "Max")

I really like him as a player ... he is improving ... but some Heat fans are over-hyping.

We're not over-hyping. Whiteside has a lot of potential and just finished 3rd in voting for DPOY. We're aware of the issues he's having, but look at his stats. Hell, the man in his first 2 games of the playoffs is averaging around 19 points on 89% shooting while averaging double digit rebounds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gordontrue is this ok? How would you compare this to the Warriors on court celebrations?

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not over-hyping. Whiteside has a lot of potential and just finished 3rd in voting for DPOY. We're aware of the issues he's having, but look at his stats. Hell, the man in his first 2 games of the playoffs is averaging around 19 points on 89% shooting while averaging double digit rebounds.

Do you really think he is in the Top 10 defensive players in NBA ?

Tonight, Charlotte based all of the offense on attacking him. (could you imagine them doing the same thing vs. DeAndre Jordan, Millsap/Horford, TT, Drummond, Sullinger, ?? .. even against these guys, the offense would not be completely based on just attacking 1 player.)

Clifford is a really good coach for a reason -- that was their best chance.

Miami is a much better offensive team -- Charlotte really had no chance.