• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Datsyuk...under-talented....HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *deep breath* HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA *wipes tear from eye*

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where has gmalis1 been?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Red wings looking real good....im still scared everytime our defenders retreat in defense......

Cleaves man, I get nervous now each time the play goes the other way, period; especially when we are employing that forecheck so deep in their end with another skater sometimes making the mistake of having the urge to get in too deep. Now you are relying exclusively on the 2 dmen to handle the 2 men (and often 3 of them) pressing through the neutral zone. I'm constant thinking or saying: "get back", then hold my breath until we at least even up the numbers. This defending scheme that Mike has employed has been working, but, damn, Mike please, my nerves are nearly frazzled. I'd be in a much calmer demeanor if we had forwards with some foot speed, but when Sammy or Zetts are pinching deep in their zone, their chances of getting down there in a huury to support the d in our end doesn't receive high marks.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be more fun on Thursday. Hawks didn't play bad. We'll see if Chicago can get an organized forecheck going. Babcock is going to have to protect their bottom two defensive pairs. Howard is playing excellent, might be fun to watch if he wore a different jersey. Detroit doing what they need to do and staying a step ahead of Q.

If Toews' doesn't get his line going stronger, it won't matter what Chicago does. Same for Seabrook, not sure what happened to him this year, but I'm going to start the blame with his new wife.

Can't believe the free pass Toews gets. Last year he had a concussion but this is still the 4th series in a row he's been able to be shut down. I'll give Detroit credit, but so many other groups have been able to replicate the results. Hawks pp needs to figure something out and a few more Chicago faceoff wins before it's a 2 goal game would be nice.

I'm sure Babcock has another adjustment that will keep the Hawks off balance for a period or more in game 4. It will be a fun game.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fucking game tomorrow night, fans. Got all my goodies ready. GO WINGS!

cju84

Logic Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(sarcasm there because Toews has been playing well, but still... that's some pretty shitty production... is he getting any heat for it around Chicago? just curious...)

That's what is jacked up. He's pretty much our Golden Boy, and isn't really getting any heat in the media. Those numbers you posted def. do not lie, although I haven't checked his assists and +/- during those games.

All I know is if Chi doesn't get a quick two goal lead tomorrow, this series will be over.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the playoffs began, the majority of Wings fans and media around Detroit were saying "I hope the Wings don't even make the playoffs! They'll just get killed by Chicago anyways!" Spoiled, rotten, arrogant elitist Wings fans (not all of them but a lot of them) only happy when the Wings are playing as a 1 seed. I think that attitude from the fan base fired this young squad up and really motivated them. The Wings are 10-4 since that time. If they stay this hot they can take the series. Howard is the man right now, proving a lot of people wrong.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the game was tonight. I feel like the winner of game 4 will be the series winner. Detroit for the obvious 3-1 lead and I think if the Hawks won it would propel them forward. I disagree with cju that the Hawks need a quick 2 goal lead to win. If they can get back to controlling the play they will be okay. Also bench Shaw.

cju84

Logic Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the game was tonight. I feel like the winner of game 4 will be the series winner. Detroit for the obvious 3-1 lead and I think if the Hawks won it would propel them forward. I disagree with cju that the Hawks need a quick 2 goal lead to win. If they can get back to controlling the play they will be okay. Also bench Shaw.

The problem is, is that they have controlled the play in most periods (aside from game 2). So while that is obviously good, the problem is that Jimmy Howard is out of his mind right now.

If you bench Shaw, who do you want to bring up? Carcillo? Bollig? Hayes?

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, is that they have controlled the play in most periods (aside from game 2). So while that is obviously good, the problem is that Jimmy Howard is out of his mind right now.

If you bench Shaw, who do you want to bring up? Carcillo? Bollig? Hayes?

I personally would play Hayes, I just absolutely hate all the stupid penalties Shaw takes. Plus he is a bigger body to put in front of Howard

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks controlled periods 2 and 3 in game 1
Game 2 the Wings dominated periods 2 and 3
Game 3 the Wings easily controlled 2 and 3 was back and forth

I wouldnt say either team has really controlled more than the other.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawks controlled periods 2 and 3 in game 1
Game 2 the Wings dominated periods 2 and 3
Game 3 the Wings easily controlled 2 and 3 was back and forth

I wouldnt say either team has really controlled more than the other.

That feels about right.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q...in looking at your teams I bet we could have several fun conversations

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detroit's powerplay needs to get going. one of these games, it's going to cost them

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
detroit's powerplay needs to get going. one of these games, it's going to cost them

we have come so close to scoring too...im tired of hearing about the PK.

SECHATER12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the playoffs began, the majority of Wings fans and media around Detroit were saying "I hope the Wings don't even make the playoffs! They'll just get killed by Chicago anyways!" Spoiled, rotten, arrogant elitist Wings fans (not all of them but a lot of them) only happy when the Wings are playing as a 1 seed. I think that attitude from the fan base fired this young squad up and really motivated them. The Wings are 10-4 since that time. If they stay this hot they can take the series. Howard is the man right now, proving a lot of people wrong.

really i haven't heard one person say i hope the wing don't make the playoffs. i think every one wanted them to make the playoffs to keep the streak alive.