• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#1 Chicago vs #7 Detroit Series Thread

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 Result

DETROIT WINS GAME FOUR 2-0

DETROIT LEADS THE SERIES 3-1

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SERIES AT A GLANCE

GDTs AND UPCOMING SCHEDULE

----------

GAME 1 - http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]#post3031824 CHICAGO WON 4-1

GAME 2 - http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]#post3043067 DETROIT WON 4-1

GAME 3 - http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]#post3048843 DETROIT WON 3-1

GAME 4 - http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/[email protected]#post3062713 DETROIT WON 2-0

----------

GAME 5 - Saturday, May 25th - 8:00 PM

----------

*GAME 6 - Monday, May 27th - TBD

*GAME 7 - Wednesday, May 29th - TBD

*If necessary

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, considering it can end any game from here on out, I'd say it's a tad closer than any other time in this series, 'eh?

Seriously... I came here to post exactly that. :L

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
series is not over because you need four wins to take a series.

but damn isn't this fuckin fun to watch.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should have seen the locals at the pub here tonight. :suds::suds:

tumblr_lop7fmDtTg1qa9d69o1_500.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
maybe, but you can now argue that one team has a huge advantage. Besides if Toews continues to cry and not adapt to how the wings are playing him, I think you can consider the series over. Hawks need Toews right now.

Hey, Z, the Hawks leader just isn't used to getting shut down like that for so many games. And, our main man, Hank, is doing to him what he did to Sid in the playoffs a few seasons back, and with the very same reaction - frustration, slashes, the usual responses that you get from the kid in the store that is on his back throwing a tantrum because mommy won't get him the cookies he wants. But, the thing that also amazes me is that Hossa's usual contributions have been hogtied severely - he has literally been invisible. To me, he has been one of the main reasons for the Hawks success since he arrived there, and to think before this series that one could even imagine or verbalize that he wouldn't be a major contributor in this series would get the reaction from people with looks of dismay. And for both Toews and Hossa to be stymied like this is basically unheard of in the annuals of Hawks' history. Can we do it one more time; that is the question? It will be more difficult to get the matchups that we want in the next game, since Qtears gets the last change. But, if we can limit much of what the Hawks are use to by their advantages in foot speed and their freewheeling style of play, we certainly have a good opportunity to move on to the next round. But, it's the Hawks, and we all know what they are capable of, given the opportunity, so this series is still far from over. However, if we continue to disrupt their puck management by limiting both their speed through the neutral zone and their time and space to make plays at both ends of the ice, as we have done in these last 2 games, we certainly have a much greater opportunity to put this series behind us and move forward to meet the winner out west.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look Toews is not playing the Canucks here :D hes not used to this play

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know...

If the Hawks are this easy to take off their game, I am REALLY pissed the Jackets didn't make it in. I figured they would have played harder than Minny.

But watching that last night, I have a feeling the Jackets might have just been able to beat the Hawks. at least taken them to 7.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Wings have morphed into the team that was so successful in the playoffs from past year's. Shutting down the top scoring lines and frustrating the hell out of the other team, while getting scoring from every line.

I can say I never saw this coming -- the addition of Nyquist and getting Cleary back has given the Wings depth that they lacked this year from the 3rd and 4th lines.

If any team in the NHL this year can come back from 3-1 deficit though, it is the Hawks. Detroit has to continue to play the way they are and continue to get under the skin of the Hawks. With the way the Wings are playing -- they have a legit shot to get to the Finals, which I would have said was laughable prior to the playoffs starting

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this pretty much sums up the blackhawks in this series

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Wings have morphed into the team that was so successful in the playoffs from past year's. Shutting down the top scoring lines and frustrating the hell out of the other team, while getting scoring from every line.

I can say I never saw this coming -- the addition of Nyquist and getting Cleary back has given the Wings depth that they lacked this year from the 3rd and 4th lines.

If any team in the NHL this year can come back from 3-1 deficit though, it is the Hawks. Detroit has to continue to play the way they are and continue to get under the skin of the Hawks. With the way the Wings are playing -- they have a legit shot to get to the Finals, which I would have said was laughable prior to the playoffs starting

Babcock is a master at seeing what the other team is doing. He has always been a tremendous judge of what buttons to push both in his own guys and the other team.

I would have never expected in a million years that you could own the Hawks just by pissing of Toews. I never actually expected you COULD piss off Toews. But there is was, right before our eyes.