• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man…I don’t know if you should have touched this one, bro. My wife probably knows the game of football better than you do. When you have tried to post about football…well, as the kids would say - cringe.
Struck a nerve I see

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk why you say that … most my age can name the Lakers showtime team ( including “the microwave” mentioned above) … UConn is 20 miles away from my nose … I got a Paul pierce signed bball … the hall of fame is 5 miles away from my driveway … I played a peewee basketball game at the old garden … I saw Julius Erving play against Colgate ( my cousin played) while he was at UMass … my wife didn’t miss a Larry Bird televised game … I shook KC Jones hand when he was still playing …

and I’m a Patriots fan first !
Don’t mind funbags. He has his set troll bits he trots out over and over they aren’t usually very accurate. Just message board ball busting

There are smart sports fans in all cities but especially east coast ones like Philly and Boston

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis is the 3rd best player

Miami missed their 1st and 3rd best player
Cleveland missed their 1st and 3rd best player
Indiana now missing their best player

Most teams can be ok with just their 3rd best player out.
You're kinda inadvertently showing just how strong the Celtics are.

Porzingis would be the 2nd best player on many teams in the NBA... but on the Celtics he's "just" the 3rd or 4th best player...

... and while other teams can't win in the playoffs without a key guy, the Celtics just keep rolling because they have (simply put) the superior roster.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're nuts. But a healthy Kawhi smacks the Celtics too lol

Very possibly

They had one of the very best starting 5s in the league

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell was drafted when I was 6. My father took me to the Boston Gardens to see the Celtics play the "Minnesota" Lakers.

I've been fortunate enough to see Oscar, Doctor J, Bird, Magic, and these kids today.

I believe that I've been fortunate enough to see the greatest ever in all professional sports.

… so what did you see last night Ken? … am I too optimistic thinking I saw one of those classic teams?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… so what did you see last night Ken? … am I too optimistic thinking I saw one of those classic teams?
This Celtics team probably wins a title this year but it’s far from an all time great team. They probably beat the Russell era Celtics because pretty much every playoff team today would beat them. The game is very different today and the very old teams couldn’t compete today.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,471.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving how the haters (oops I mean SportsHoopla experts) downplay Zinger being out. Both he and Haliburton avg 20 pts per game yet Porzingis plays less minutes. Things that make you go hmmmm.
*Errrrr, um, various sounds of hesitation*

Halliburton means a lot more to the Pacers than Porzingis to the Celtics.

The Celtics still have Tatum, Brown, Holiday, White, etc. And Horford.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Celtics team probably wins a title this year but it’s far from an all time great team. They probably beat the Russell era Celtics because pretty much every playoff team today would beat them. The game is very different today and the very old teams couldn’t compete today.
The teams today couldn't play by real basketball rules. The teams of yesteryear could never run with the players today for the amount of time that they run. Nor could players of fifties through the early seventies shoot three with accuracy of today's players because most them shot set shots and very few shot a jump shot. It's all relative to the era that it was and is.

Today they palm the ball constantly. They need three steps to the basket for a layup. Most of them spend half of the game on their asses after trying to draw a nonexistent foul and them crying about to the crowd walking back down the court.

I coached and officiated this game for more than 40 years. It's not the same game I learned to officiate in 1974. Or the same game I made my kids learn to play correctly. Street ball has taken away much of old rules and kids are not coached the same today. Most aren't coached properly until they start playing AAU.

Just my 75 year old point of view.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams today couldn't play by real basketball rules. The teams of yesteryear could never run with the players today for the amount of time that they run. Nor could players of fifties through the early seventies shoot three with accuracy of today's players because most them shot set shots and very few shot a jump shot. It's all relative to the era that it was and is.

Today they palm the ball constantly. They need three steps to the basket for a layup. Most of them spend half of the game on their asses after trying to draw a nonexistent foul and them crying about to the crowd walking back down the court.

I coached and officiated this game for more than 40 years. It's not the same game I learned to officiate in 1974. Or the same game I made my kids learn to play correctly. Street ball has taken away much of old rules and kids are not coached the same today. Most aren't coached properly until they start playing AAU.

AAU coaching is generally terrible to non-existent.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt! You’re talking about one of the most knowledgeable fan bases out there. My wife could get up on a chalk board and explain the intricacies of cover2, cover 3, and cover 4 for you. We devour sports here. You have no clue what the Mass Hole is. You live in a black hole of basketball so you decided to front run the Celtics. The only sport the Mass Hole knows is baseball.
I'm front running the Celtics?? Lol!! Sounds like you married a dude? Your wife also piss standing up?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No scenario where that was possible. It’s all good though. You expect Celtics fans to be casuals.
LMFAO, you call others casual fans when most know The 6ers drafted before Boston in both Tatum and Brown drafts. Funniest thing is with thebTatum draft 6ers traded up to first with Boston and Boston got the guy they wanted anyone

Yes I am a casual fan because I don't get many Boston games here in Vegas.
If you're slow ass would pay attention I don't talk smack here either.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell was drafted when I was 6. My father took me to the Boston Gardens to see the Celtics play the "Minnesota" Lakers.

I've been fortunate enough to see Oscar, Doctor J, Bird, Magic, and these kids today.

I believe that I've been fortunate enough to see the greatest ever in all professional sports.
Damn, you're old.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No doubt, I agree with most of this. The game has changed significantly, both in the actual rule book and in the looser interpretation of the written rules. They let players dribble and advance differently because it makes the game flow better and faster paced.

My point is also about the athletes themselves. Back in the 60s it was Russell and Wilt and a bunch of 6’3” white guys with regular jobs in the offseason. Today the best athletes in the world train from age 7 to be lightning quick and deadly shooters. 7 footers handle the ball and shoot long distance. Guys like Ja Morant and Tyrese Maxey would speed to the rim before the 60s players were across half court. What would those old teams do to defend Giannis or Luka or LeBron?

It’s just different now. If you prefer old style “real” basketball the WNBA is sort of that now

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMFAO, you call others casual fans when most know The 6ers drafted before Boston in both Tatum and Brown drafts. Funniest thing is with thebTatum draft 6ers traded up to first with Boston and Boston got the guy they wanted anyone

Yes I am a casual fan because I don't get many Boston games here in Vegas.
If you're slow ass would pay attention I don't talk smack here either.

Nobody was taking Jaylen Brown over Ben Simmons.