• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Celtics vs. 6) Pacers

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what you always completely fail to understand.

The batting average for a good NBA official is probably about 65%. They are always going to miss calls because it is very hard to do in real time, and even with the benefit of slow motion replay, there is room for interpretation.

Show this clip to 100 trained officials, and I believe most will say it is a flagrant. But it won’t be 100%.

Yet it seems like you watch these games just waiting for the “gotcha” moment where the officials get something wrong.

I got news for you. They always will.

If you choose to let that trigger you? That is on you.

Actually making the product better?

That is on the NBA. They need to figure out how to use technology to assist their officials in real time.

And guess what?

Even then they won’t get 100% right.
They reviewed it so you just wasted your time with this essay. This wasn’t a call that they just missed and didn’t review. They reviewed it and still said it wasn’t a flagrant and provided a lame reason. I watch more than enough nba games to know a hit in the face is a flagrant 1 most of the time

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up football in the NBA forum....

LOL.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rookie coach? Now in the finals? Not bad. Betting many other GMs are wishing they signed him. LOL
I’d take any warm body over Monty to coach the Pistons, but if we somehow signed Max I would not be excited. With how stacked the Celtics teams is he needs to be a dynasty before he gets much credit for his coaching.

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs, dude... sh!t gets called differently with a bias towards everybody putting on their big boy pants.

You know this, of course.

You just like talking about the refs AND you hate the Celtics. ;) :D
Nah I seen softer flagrant fouls called this post season

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up football in the NBA forum....

LOL.
Bringing up casual fans. LOL

I guess we didn't just have a record attendance draft. Rookie minnies. OTAs...

Sorry if you and your cheerleader FightinFleabags can't follow your so called sports teams all year.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I seen softer flagrant fouls called this post season
There's no absolute standard of measurement here... the bias in the playoffs is definitely towards that sort of thing being called a flagrant less often, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you got the evaluation statement spot on.

What happens when good coaches lose with good/best teams? Do they suck? Only one team wins it every year. Grading a coach like that can be considered ignorant at best. Some potential good coaches never get the chance when they get stuck with shitty GMs.

As I already mentioned there is more to coaching than Xs and Os whether with a good or bad team.

Depends on the situation and circumstance.

Not going to blame a coach for a bad situation like injury. But I always ask, what has this coach done to show they are adding value?

Just winning games, even playoff series against injury riddled teams is not enough for me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They reviewed it so you just wasted your time with this essay. This wasn’t a call that they just missed and didn’t review. They reviewed it and still said it wasn’t a flagrant and provided a lame reason. I watch more than enough nba games to know a hit in the face is a flagrant 1 most of the time

And yet you fail to comprehend that refs get stuff wrong.

With or without reply.

And as I said, not 100% of refs going to agree that is flagrant. So not nearly as black and white as you pretending

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no absolute standard of measurement here... the bias in the playoffs is definitely towards that sort of thing being called a flagrant less often, though.
I am all for unintentional hit in the face/head area not being called flagrants in the playoffs but would need to be consistent with it. I think everyone when they saw the replay and heard it was being reviewed automatically thought flagrant 1 because we are used to any hit above the neck area being called that

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Payton commented that Porzy is looking good and will be ready to go !!

Reactions: DJ

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet you fail to comprehend that refs get stuff wrong.

With or without reply.

And as I said, not 100% of refs going to agree that is flagrant. So not nearly as black and white as you pretending
The flagrant 1 rules should be rewritten if that wasn’t a flagrant. That ref had 2 awful missed calls the last 2 rounds. We don’t need him screwing up an nba finals game

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for unintentional hit in the face/head area not being called flagrants in the playoffs but would need to be consistent with it. I think everyone when they saw the replay and heard it was being reviewed automatically thought flagrant 1 because we are used to any hit above the neck area being called that
I hear it cost pacers the game

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the situation and circumstance.

Not going to blame a coach for a bad situation like injury. But I always ask, what has this coach done to show they are adding value?

Just winning games, even playoff series against injury riddled teams is not enough for me.
So if Boston wins does he even get an ounce of credit from you? Or will you continue your hate diatribe? I just want to prepare myself.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up casual fans. LOL

I guess we didn't just have a record attendance draft. Rookie minnies. OTAs...

Sorry if you and your cheerleader FightinFleabags can't follow your so called sports teams all year.
You just started showing up regularly in these NBA forum threads about 2-3 years ago. Like a lot of Nuggets fans.

You haven't been here posting regularly when the Celtics were less than they are now. Couple seasons back your guys were 36-36. Were you posting a lot in here? Nah.

Casual fan....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just started showing up regularly in these NBA forum threads about 2-3 years ago. Like a lot of Nuggets fans.

You haven't been here posting regularly when the Celtics were less than they are now. Couple seasons back your guys were 36-36. Were you posting a lot in here? Nah.

Casual fan....
I don't regularly post here because it's hard enough stomaching you, your sidekick and the other Hoop Douchebags during a 17 game NFL season. I'm not sure how anyone can put up with it for 82+ games.

Don't have some greasy take "out" and Bon Bons to choke down while sitting on your flea bitten futon?

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing screams casual louder than “give Joe Mazzula his props”

what you ‘formal-trading-card-stat-boy fans’ sometimes miss are the abstracts of a game … the Celtics have been head jobs for a few years, not able to put a series of closer games together without blowouts … especially in the playoffs
this series was different … they controlled almost every quarter … this is like cold water splashed in our “casual” faces and we’re attempting to understand the difference … the boys are great fer sure but maybe Tatum is finally growing into a leader … Brown a true team player … or maybe Mazzula is helping screwing their heads on straight
… or maybe they just ‘traded’ well … but this series was a different team

… and stop with the gay ‘casual fan’ crap … we’re all watching other guys playing a game … let’s not make a bigger thing outta that