• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Boston Celtics vs 8) Chicago Bulls

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on that. With the way Butler and George have finished out this season, they'd definitely be a Finals contender, especially with the way Cleveland has been playing D. Their biggest problem is their too reliant on one guy (Thomas), either of those players improves them dramatically. If the price was absurdly high and it could have been depending on what sources you read (mixed reports), I can understand his logic. But personally, I would have made the move.

Either way, he should 100% be slammed for not making ANY moves. There's zero excuses for not improving their bench at all. They've got more than enough picks that they could have spared something to nab some extra scoring or rebounding
a guy like George or Butler allows everyone to move down a slot--- AND makes everyone better- gives everyone more room, elevates everyones game.

You cant underestimate the value of a star player in his prime like those 2 guys- Butler and George.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Wiggy disliking my post.

I hope he realizes that the 2-3 teams that would be better than the Celtics + Butler/George are GS, SA and.... wait for it.... Cleveland.

I guess this is his way of admitting the Cavs would have no shot against the Celtics with that addition. Pretty hilarious.

The Pacers and Bulls were trying to rake Ainge over the coals and take both Nets picks. It was not worth it considering that even with a move, the Celtics would be at best 50-50 to get out of the East and a near lock to lose to the West champ.

Their window has not opened yet, but C's fans need to trust Ainge. He knows what a championship team looks like, and that is what he is shooting for.
oh yah. TOTALLY LOL....CAvs would have ZERO chance against the Celts if they had Butler or George....LeBron would prob not even show up. Kyrie would fake an injury and go play in Australia. It would be SOO terrifying. LOL.

What it would do is give them a legitimate #1 and allow IT to be a #2- a role he is ideally served with- and let Bradley and Crowder become the high level role players that they are probably meant to be rather than guys you depend on. Same with Smart an Olnyk. Its a very solid Celtics team with a bunch of very good players--- all they need is that one guy to bring it all together.

Ive said it a ton of times on here---- if the Celtics had traded for George or Butler they would be a team the Cavs would have to take very seriously and I could def. see that series going 6 or even 7 games.

But when you have THE KING- as we learned last year- anything is possible- even the greatest comeback in the long and storied history of the National Basketball Association.

I hope the Cavs get to play your Wizards and put them out of the playoffs. Itll just be like old times.

Jay-Z vs. Soldier Boy. LOL. We all know who is Jay-Z and who is Solider Boy too.

LeBron said something like he was Jay-Z and DeShawn [Stevenson] is Soulja Boy. I took that as [disrespectful]."

Wizards' secret weapon? How about Soulja Boy?

lol, oh good times.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their window has not opened yet. I think Ainge corrrectly assessed the balance of power and did not think a George/Butler trade would bring a title. He is looking 2-4 years down the road.

Their window may not even be open then at this point. They're already locked into a long-term contract with Horford making $20 mil+ per year, who looks like he wasn't worth the contract. Guess who's coming up next and going to get paid probably north of $25 mil? Isiah Thomas. Again, I didn't think Ainge was a complete idiot for not doing the trade since I'm sure teams like the Pacers and Bulls were asking for that Nets pick - which he shouldn't give up. Again though, when those players are signed to long-term deals, it's going to be difficult adding another guy while maintaining your roster with the "assets" they have now plus trying to add in an all-star player later on.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been mentioned, but he doesn't have a playoff roster. Having said that, he should be better than 2-10 and being able to get out of the 1st round.

Yeah I give him a past for the previous 2 years but not this season. Better find a way to get out of round 1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their window may not even be open then at this point. They're already locked into a long-term contract with Horford making $20 mil+ per year, who looks like he wasn't worth the contract. Guess who's coming up next and going to get paid probably north of $25 mil? Isiah Thomas. Again, I didn't think Ainge was a complete idiot for not doing the trade since I'm sure teams like the Pacers and Bulls were asking for that Nets pick - which he shouldn't give up. Again though, when those players are signed to long-term deals, it's going to be difficult adding another guy while maintaining your roster with the "assets" they have now plus trying to add in an all-star player later on.
its why getting a guy in a trade is their best bet. Unless they want to wait 3-4 years for Fultz or Ball or Jackson to possibly become a high level all star.

If you are the suns or lakers or kings- hey- waiting 3-4 years for those guys to develop is fine---- if you are the Celts it screws up their entire timing with bradley, smart, thomas etc....why even sign horford then? makes no sense.

not only that- but you never know the next time a guy like Butler or George will become avaliable. that DEFINITELY doesnt happen ever year- or even most years.

When you have the opportunity to trade for a top 15 player - like a Butler or a George- who are in their PRIMES- who play both ends of the court- and play SF- which i think is the hardeset position in the NBA to acquire---- you better have a DAMN good reason to pass that deal up because circumstances change awful fast and it could be a long time before a guy like that is avaliable again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its typical Ainge though- he hAS to win every trade he makes or he refuses to trade.

thinka bout it going back-- he only makes leveraged trades--- and in any butler or george trade HE is the one being leveraged.

IT from the suns- he was unhappy there and suns needed to get rid of a pg.

Rondo to the Mavs--- got Crowder and a first rounder- Mavs overpaid badly

The Garnett/Pierce trade--- he just kept asking for more and more assets and the Nets wanted to get the deal done at any cost.

Even Garnett to the Celtics

Its smart in a way- Ainge is patient and tries to make only good trades-- but at some point- when you are close- YOU become the team thati s being leveraged and need to make ad eal or you will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even have a issue with Boston not going for the big star but they needed to get frontcourt help because Amir Johnson sucks ass and Horford can't rebound

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take words from Rondo its only 1 game. Its only 2-0. Series not even close to being over. Does it look good for the Bulls yes but its never over in the series until the 1st team gets 4 wins.

I'm not surprised. Other than some of the role players this main core of Chicago is experienced and they know how to win: Butler, Wade and Rondo and they play solid defense. If there offense is rolling they are tough out for anyone. The only problem is when they go on stretches where they can't find offense and when they are facing an elite offensive team...what will happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even have a issue with Boston not going for the big star but they needed to get frontcourt help because Amir Johnson sucks ass and Horford can't rebound

Horford sucks ass too. So overrated, Hawks fans will probably be the first to tell you

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta say- i counted the Bulls out when Gibson got dealt and Wade got hurt---- but they have shown some great resilience and some clutch play.

I picked the Celtics in 5. Gotta say, I'm starting to wonder how much of an upset the Bulls winning this series might actually be. Especially considering the amount of playoff experience they have.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think the Bulls are winning? jimmy fucking butler. lol. put him on the celtics and they are EASILY #2 in the East- no question....he is the exact guy they need that would fit everyone into the slot they should be in whilem aking them all better.

I wonder if Ainge is starting to regret not pulling the trigger on the Butler or PG-13 trades?