• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1/30/14 Reality Check

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness, Klay Thompson is awful! The bench is terrible, they got out-scored 47 to 10 last night. And Iguodala has seriously got to pick it up out there. Can't keep having only Curry and Bogut doing their jobs.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are hurting because their bench is at best average. W Barnes in a funk, Fest out all they have is Crawford maybe Dray. I personally think the WARRIORS need to get more physical bodies and get longer and faster. The game is about skill I know but they need more team speed and more lively bodies.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did Myers go "all in"? :bawling: , We gave up an aging RJ, useless La Tax, injured Rush, two 1st round picks '14 and '17(who will be late picks, since we will be in the playoffs again this year) in a salary dump to sign 'Dre for 4 years $48 million (less than what other teams were going to pay). I'd do that trade again in a heart beat.

Dubs are playing in a stacked West Conf. Not some junior varsity league back East, most "experts" have the Dubs top in Power rankings all year long, despite having injuries to their back up Centers all year long.

All the Dubs have to do is get in the playoffs, and then the real test begins. I don't care if they have 40 or 50 wins, they just need to get in.

Here's why I said he went all in. He gave up 4 picks for Iguadola and I think you're undervaluing those picks. The 2014 draft is the best draft in the past 10 years so the Jazz are going to get a talented player at 20 or 21. The Warriors are one Curry ankle sprain away from being an average team, so you don't know that the 2017 pick will be a low one. Things happen. Brooklyn just made that mistake with Atlanta. As part of JJ trade, Atlanta has the option to swap picks with Brooklyn this year. Brooklyn assumed Atlanta would be lousy and they would be great so the pick has no protection. Big mistake as Atlanta could conceivably end up with a 12 pick in a loaded draft. 2nd round draft picks aren't just worthless assets either as there are plenty of good 2nd round players that have had a impact in the NBA. Warriors did okay with Monta Ellis, Gilbert Arenas and Draymond just off the top of my head. Draft picks are also cap friendly whereas acquiring quality free agents is expensive. In order to sign Iguadola Myers also had to relinquish the rights to Landry and Jack which destroyed the bench. Also it meant sending Barnes to the bench which made alot of folks worry about it's impact on his development at the time of the trade. Unfortunately the bench has been a wasteland for him. Finally Iguadola is 30 years old. Statistically players start to decline at 30 and really falloff at 32. He's a win now proposition in other words. There's no guarantee that his performance won't start to tail off in a couple of years. If Myers doesn't make this trade, Harrison starts and likely develops, we retain Jack and our bench isn't lame, we go into a deep draft with our 1st round pick, and all other picks still available going forward and the expiring contracts of Biedrins, Jefferson and Rush come off the books to the tune of 24 million dollars. Warriors have draft picks and cap flexibility going forward. As it is they have no cap space and no pick until 2015. I think Myers felt that the Warriors could've beaten a San Antonio team last year that had a 5 point lead on Miami with 11 seconds to go in game 7 of the championship series, so he rolled the dice on a win now scenario, rather than future flexibility and
assets. I think he felt by acquiring Iguadola, that this team could contend for a championship this year. Unfortunately he underestimated the impact of losing Landry and Jack on the bench. I'm not criticizing the trade at all, but to me he made this trade because he thought the Warriors could make a championship run this year. Maybe they can when Crawford is up to speed and the two rotation bigs come back. The stretch run is going to answer alot of questions about this team and the quality of Myer's decision making.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think of the iguodala deal as going all in just yet. We could still get another big free agent over the summer.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness, Klay Thompson is awful! The bench is terrible, they got out-scored 47 to 10 last night. And Iguodala has seriously got to pick it up out there. Can't keep having only Curry and Bogut doing their jobs.

Yeah iguodala needs to score more on offense IMO i don't know why he's so scared to drive to the hoop

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SFW

Glad you brought up the Nets, that team basically went "all in", they traded their future picks, and mortaged their future cap space, got heavily into the Luxury tax for a team that can't even crack the .500 mark in weakest division on the planet.

KG is done. PP is now an average player, JET is a shadow of his 6th man self. D. Will should have been the 2nd coming in UTA, until his attitude got I the way. Brook is done for the year. That team is a basically 1-and done team if they crack the playoffs.

Dubs are the complete opposite, they have the young pieces to contend this year and the years after this. Bogut and Lee are their elder statesman, and have proved to be workhorses this year. AI#9 is going to be 30+ at the end of his contract? His contract is a manageable one, and what he will lose in speed/quickness, he makes up for with his BBIQ. I'm not worried about AI#9.

Myers is doing a great job as GM. As for not having picks in upcoming drafts, Dubs can always buy picks like they did this year. We were able to get Nedo for cash. (Sure he hasn't done much except dominate in the Dleague, but that's another story).

Myers managed to get a legit 6th man in Jordan Crawford for Toney Douglas. Crawford has already paid dividends, and is slowly working his way into our schemes.

Dubs could have and should have beaten SAS, a healthy D.Lee would have made a world's difference. This year, we have JO, and FE (healthy) to help battle the bigs. Folks doubt Bogut, but against UTA, he showed he can be a dominate 2way player, name another big who plays defense and is as efficient on offense? Probably a handful of other bigs at best.

Jack and Landry weren't coming back, they left for big money, got overpaid, and are now on bad teams. I wouldn't have given up those contracts for them. Bad teams overpaid (CLE, SAC), Dubs underpay and get AI#9.

Steph is just entering his prime, his ankle hasn't been an issue, you could worry about it, sure. How many other teams had one of their top playershurt this year? LAL, Flop City, OKC (RW), Pelicans (Davis), It could happen to anyone.

1-9 this team is deeper and more talented than last years team. I'll take the '14 team vs '13 team all day.