• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

State of the Union, 25 games in

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous keys

State of the Union , 10 games in

1.Dubs in First place - check
2.Core Mostly healthy - check
3.Establish an identity without losing defensive mindset - check

10 games in, small sample size, I know. But Dubs are 3rd place, and basically a game behind MEM/HOU. Never would I have predicted they jump out so quickly.

Positives
-Team Plays hard everynight
-Bogut brings the defense and now some offense for teams to worry about
-Klay is showing he deserves his new contract
-HB is thriving with the starters
-D.Green is the real deal, showing he can run with the big boys, and deserves a big contract coming up

Cons
-WCW / David Lee has played 6 mins 10 games into the season
-Turnovers will probably be a big factor most of the year
-AI#9 fell into a slump on offensive, and for a while it carried over on defense
-Livingston is still rusty, he's missing shows that he should make
-B. Rush doesn't have a role on this team, looked like a Dleaguer last night

1. Dubs still in first place (Despite Injuries) = Check
2. Core finding a way to get it done = check
3. Limit Turnovers that plagued us earlier.
- Heard CWebb mention it on the broadcast, Dubs are now 4 or 5th best in the league when it comes to TO's? I would have to double check that, but that's a great Turnaround from earlier.

Positives :

• Klay - Showing why he is the best SG in the league Barnone
  • Steph - Saying healthy and anchoring the team
  • D. Money Green - 6'5" all heart and will, Most Improved player?
  • Mo' Buckets = Sixth Man of the year Candiate
  • AI#9 = Starting to show signs of life and contributing vs being wallflower
  • HB = Despite recent injuries, guy is balling and rebounding on both ends.

Negatives

• D.Lee = 6 mins played this year so far
  • FE = aka Stone Hands not reliable 100% of the time
  • Lack of Compsure = From Kerr, to Green, to AI#9, that MEM game was winnable if Dubs kept their ego's in check
  • Bogut = Runners Knee / Old man knees, guy is going to be out a while

Now Basically 1/3 into the season, Dubs are still going strong, my only questions are

1. When will D.Lee come back, and will he help or hurt the team
  2. How long will Bogut be out
  3. Will Dubs make a trade to sure out bench

Seems like the Playoffs can't come fast enough. Steph and Klay should be locks for the ASG, will D.Green get in? He deserves it for what he's done this year.

Grades

• Steph = B+ , shot selection is questionable, with Bogut out, jacking 3's all day isn't helping
  • Klay = A- , driving to the hole more frequently and playable stellar defense this year with his great 3pt shot
  • HB = B+, Prior to nose injury, was battling w/ the big boys for boards and winning, seems like he's backed off the gas pedal some, but still effective this year
  • D.Green = A+, Most Improved, and will get paid a max deal coming up
  • AI#9 = C+, FT% is a concern, still to passive on offense, Kudos for his travelign dance mocking the Ref's thoughj
  • Livingston = B+, more atheletic than I though he would be, calming presence off the bench

Looking forward to the next few months.

GO DUBS! :suds:

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's your take on Rajon Rondo to the Mavs and do you thunk they are now a top 4 contender? man, the West is something else this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way, way above expectations for the first 25 games. I'm absolutely thrilled but I have to temper that somewhat because Curry and Bogut, our two most important pieces are so fragile.

Can't wait to see Lee come back and be a force along with Livingston on that second unit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's your take on Rajon Rondo to the Mavs and do you thunk they are now a top 4 contender? man, the West is something else this year.

Tony Kornheiser, on the PTI (Pardon the Interruption) show that he hosts with Mike Wilbon, said that he felt that the acquisition of Rondo makes the Mavs the favorites in the Western Conference. Wilbon felt that maybe it might bring them up to the #3-4 seed. I don't see Dallas finishing any higher than 4th in the West. I think that as with all trades, especially one involving a point guard, it will take a little while to get the chemistry down. As I stated on another thread, my concern about Rondo on the Mavs is how it may affect Ellis not having the ball in his hands as much as he has it now. I remember when Ellis played for the Dubs and he was very hesitant to pass the ball to Curry. He was looking out for #1, himself. He saw Curry more so as a rival than a teammate.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...........and 7 of the next 9 at home.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Kornheiser, on the PTI (Pardon the Interruption) show that he hosts with Mike Wilbon, said that he felt that the acquisition of Rondo makes the Mavs the favorites in the Western Conference. Wilbon felt that maybe it might bring them up to the #3-4 seed. I don't see Dallas finishing any higher than 4th in the West. I think that as with all trades, especially one involving a point guard, it will take a little while to get the chemistry down. As I stated on another thread, my concern about Rondo on the Mavs is how it may affect Ellis not having the ball in his hands as much as he has it now. I remember when Ellis played for the Dubs and he was very hesitant to pass the ball to Curry. He was looking out for #1, himself. He saw Curry more so as a rival than a teammate.

How does a schlemeil like Tony Kornheiser even have a job on national tv? He's such a - I don't know - a schmuck or something. An annoying personality. Anyway, I think Rondo will get Monta the ball. It may take time for Monta to trust Rondo and that remains to be seen but Rondo can really QB a team. I think the Mavs are top 4 w the addition of Rajon.