• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THN Dubois at 25 GP

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good read and I'd say pretty accurate. He hasn't been terrible but he hasn't been a difference maker either yet. That absolutely has to change and soon, he's making a lot of money and is under the microscope essentially since the trade. The Legend having a career night yesterday certainly didn't help matters with PLD off the board and not making key plays.

My stance always with a new player is halfway through the season everyone will know what they have or got. I don't think they should move him to wing, but he's got to start producing. Freaking Alex Iafallo has more points than him, that's alarming.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like his game in the way he plays, I was also extremely happy that the kings were getting him. That said he has to Put points on the board, He doesn't Get half a season with me.... He's been in the league long enough. He's a pro. He's got good talent around him. He needs to produce, Soon. I like has usefulness when he's not producing. But really, we need to see him produce.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if I would say he has good talent around him when he is playing on the 3rd line with Grundstrom and Laferriere. The problem is the top 2 lines have had such great chemistry you hate to mess with that but I do think it puts PLD in a tougher spot playing on 3rd line.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings needed his size, so his value may very well come in the playoffs when you can wear a team down a little more over an extended period. Like Penner, honestly. Nothing flashy, but just having a bigger body in there who is decent with offense. Blake fell in love with bolstering the Center position, and became fixated on maybe having a replacement for Kopitar in waiting. I don't think PLD was ever a real idea for that though. Kopitar's $10mil/year will be better used to fill out the lineup when he does eventually retire, so it won't be on PLD to take over or anything.

That being said, I have not been overly impressed with him. He lacks consistency. He'll be quiet for a few games and then feel like he'll get mad and do some crazy net rush out of nowhere instead of just doing that all the time. Fiala sort of same. Like one game, they'll tell Fiala he needs to shoot the puck more, and he will just fire off 7-8 shots in a game. I don't get why he can't attempt that more often.

Game like last night, it just felt like it was goaltending that was the difference. Play was pretty even but Hellebucyk was just pretty solid after it got to 2-0 and Talbot was getting beat pretty consistently. He even got saved by a post or two in there. So goaltending can mask or highlight issues, and Kings don't feel like they have that luxury. So they need guys to be producing up and down the lineup.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iafallo 5g
The legend 5g in 12games
Pld 5g....

He needs to step up