• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1/30/14 Reality Check

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • #FullSquad is running on low, we need the All star break
  • Jordan, don't call me Jamal, Crawford needs more mins, and dare I say a Start?
  • HB had a horrible 1st half, needs a better 2nd half
  • Dubs are playing down to their competition, blame the fatigue?
  • Dubs are getting healthier, JO should be back in the next few weeks? FE, aka Hulk, should be back shortly after that?

Things aren't all smiles and roses, but Dubs are a team built for the long haul.

Bright side?

Bogut has only missed 1 game this year, suspension.

Curry was voted onto ASG as a starter,

AI, D.Lee, Curry, Klay are all invited to the Olympic/world game roster thing

D.Green has turned into our most reliable player off the bench.

Dubs have survived the early season struggles, and are in a good spot, could they be better? ABSOLUTELY.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK:

I got a friend that thinks HB is lost in his own private Idaho. That is, has very little feel for the game. Some skills but no know-how. I would like to move him for say... Spencer Hawes. Also, Bogut doesn't score much at all. As a youngin he was much more of a scorer and I think AI has to get more shots. The West is deep and making the top 8 is not a given. GS has got to b more serious come the 2nd half. Often they seem a little too loose.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to forget how young this team is. Think of all the guys in regular rotation that need more seasoning:

Klay: 3rd season.

Barnes: 2nd season.

Green: 2nd season.

I went into this season with very high expectations. Perhaps this team isn't quite ready for prime time yet.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK:

I got a friend that thinks HB is lost in his own private Idaho. That is, has very little feel for the game. Some skills but no know-how. I would like to move him for say... Spencer Hawes. Also, Bogut doesn't score much at all. As a youngin he was much more of a scorer and I think AI has to get more shots. The West is deep and making the top 8 is not a given. GS has got to b more serious come the 2nd half. Often they seem a little too loose.

I think you overate HB's "value" to other teams at this point, I'd posted my thoughts on his upside in the HB's Upside thread, I'd be shocked if we got a restricted 1st round pick for HB at this point.

The West may be deep, but there's not that much separation in terms of talent between the top tier teams and the #5-8 teams. Are the SAS that much better than us? They are getting older by the minute,. We just beat down POR.

Dubs need to be more serious, I just hope they can right the ship before the playoffs start.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to forget how young this team is. Think of all the guys in regular rotation that need more seasoning:

Klay: 3rd season.

Barnes: 2nd season.

Green: 2nd season.

I went into this season with very high expectations. Perhaps this team isn't quite ready for prime time yet.

Dubs can still get to 45 wins and lock in a playoff slot, I wouldn't say they "aren't ready", I could make a case that we are built more for the playoffs, vs the 82 game grind of the season.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs crush Flop City tonight, where are the doomsayers?

Is the sky still falling? Bloody Murder?

:noidea:

Keep the faith folks, Dubs will be alright

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs crush Flop City tonight, where are the doomsayers?

Is the sky still falling? Bloody Murder?

:noidea:

Keep the faith folks, Dubs will be alright

Not falling at all good stuff tonight

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good win, but let's see how they handle Utah tomorrow night before getting too excited. Yes, I'm serious.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good win, but let's see how they handle Utah tomorrow night before getting too excited. Yes, I'm serious.

:hope:

D. Lee played a team high 36 mins, so it looks like none of the starters were taxed into the 40 min point.

I loved seeing Jordan Crawford out there working with Green and HB in that second unit, if they can bring that type of energy and give the starters that type of rest, we should blow out UTA by 20 pts or more tonight.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • #FullSquad is running on low, we need the All star break
  • Jordan, don't call me Jamal, Crawford needs more mins, and dare I say a Start?
  • HB had a horrible 1st half, needs a better 2nd half
  • Dubs are playing down to their competition, blame the fatigue?
  • Dubs are getting healthier, JO should be back in the next few weeks? FE, aka Hulk, should be back shortly after that?

Things aren't all smiles and roses, but Dubs are a team built for the long haul.

Bright side?

Bogut has only missed 1 game this year, suspension.

Curry was voted onto ASG as a starter,

AI, D.Lee, Curry, Klay are all invited to the Olympic/world game roster thing

D.Green has turned into our most reliable player off the bench.

Dubs have survived the early season struggles, and are in a good spot, could they be better? ABSOLUTELY.

The way they played last night against the Clips was a thing of beauty. The ball movement and the attention to detail was something I've not seen from the Dubs this year. That is how you play basketball.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's it in a nutshell. We've been here before. If they lay an egg against Utah it's the same old story. Take out the 10 game winning streak and this team has been wildly inconsistent.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it in a nutshell. We've been here before. If they lay an egg against Utah it's the same old story. Take out the 10 game winning streak and this team has been wildly inconsistent.

They're still young...anyone who thought these guys were going to win 55 and be the 3rd seed in the crazy stacked West were being fans first and not really evaluating. Like I've been saying, these guys can/should win around 50 and be a 5-6 seed and win a series and with luck 2 in the playoffs, but that's the ceiling this year.

For all the chatter throughout the regular season on all the teams, we all know the NBA Finals are going to be either Indiana or Miami for the East, OKC or SA for the West.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still young...anyone who thought these guys were going to win 55 and be the 3rd seed in the crazy stacked West were being fans first and not really evaluating. Like I've been saying, these guys can/should win around 50 and be a 5-6 seed and win a series and with luck 2 in the playoffs, but that's the ceiling this year.

For all the chatter throughout the regular season on all the teams, we all know the NBA Finals are going to be either Indiana or Miami for the East, OKC or SA for the West.

We will see what happens. Still have a chance for 4th even 3rd seed it's not far fetched

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what happens. Still have a chance for 4th even 3rd seed it's not far fetched
If the bench continues to contribute and Curry and Thompson are a bit more careful with the ball, one of the top slots in the West is definitely not out of the question.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the bench continues to contribute and Curry and Thompson are a bit more careful with the ball, one of the top slots in the West is definitely not out of the question.

Happy New year Dennis, where ya been?

Glad you brought up Klay, he abused Collison / Reddick on the offensive end. Loved that he didn't settle for his usually faded away, contested Jumper, etc.

He brought the fire last night. He could and should do that more on a regular basis, so that when his 3 point shot isn't falling, he can still be a weapon there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me age isn't an excuse. OKC is a young team as well, Indiana isn't that much older, and they are much more disciplined and consistent than the Warriors. Curry is in his 5th season and Iggy, Bogut and Lee all are 8 year veterans or more, so their starting lineup is actually quite experienced. They play in one of the most energized arenas in the NBA, yet they come out flat, give up big 1st quarters and have a poor home record for a top 8 team. They've played good D with Iggy in the lineup for most of the season, and then they get tatooed for 120 points a game over a stretch of games. They are underachieving, whereas teams like Phoenix and Portland and Dallas are overachieving. Memphis is clearly going to get in the top 8, which leaves this team battling to just make the playoffs, much less worrying about getting to the second round. I don't mind them losing to better teams, but they've made of habit of losing games to lesser opponents all year long.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me age isn't an excuse. OKC is a young team as well, Indiana isn't that much older, and they are much more disciplined and consistent than the Warriors. Curry is in his 5th season and Iggy, Bogut and Lee all are 8 year veterans or more, so their starting lineup is actually quite experienced. They play in one of the most energized arenas in the NBA, yet they come out flat, give up big 1st quarters and have a poor home record for a top 8 team. They've played good D with Iggy in the lineup for most of the season, and then they get tatooed for 120 points a game over a stretch of games. They are underachieving, whereas teams like Phoenix and Portland and Dallas are overachieving. Memphis is clearly going to get in the top 8, which leaves this team battling to just make the playoffs, much less worrying about getting to the second round. I don't mind them losing to better teams, but they've made of habit of losing games to lesser opponents all year long.

Those are fair points but kind of like baseball, it's a long season and some games you are 'supposed to' win you don't, and it happens all the time. Last night Phoenix crushed the Pacers in Indiana...does that mean Indiana has a problem? Nope, just a bad night for them.

The long season means the teams do eventually get sorted where they belong more or less, you are what your record says you are. The Ws are a good team, a playoff team in a ridiculously deep conference, but not yet a championship contender. But they are better than last year, and so if they continue to improve, then maybe they make their run.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your basic assessment of the team. Myers pretty much went all in and gave up alot of assets to acquire Iguadola to make a run at a title, but I don't think the needle has moved that much this year. A better starting lineup, but a much weaker bench, and an even stronger conference. With O'Neal and Ezeli coming back, and Crawford becoming more acclimated, the Warriors can improve. I just hope they bring energy and effort tonight. A 10 game winning streak and a mediocre 18-19 in all other games. Hopefully the team won 10 games in a row emerges for the post all star game home stretch.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your basic assessment of the team. Myers pretty much went all in and gave up alot of assets to acquire Iguadola to make a run at a title, but I don't think the needle has moved that much this year. A better starting lineup, but a much weaker bench, and an even stronger conference. With O'Neal and Ezeli coming back, and Crawford becoming more acclimated, the Warriors can improve. I just hope they bring energy and effort tonight. A 10 game winning streak and a mediocre 18-19 in all other games. Hopefully the team won 10 games in a row emerges for the post all star game home stretch.

How exactly did Myers go "all in"? :bawling: , We gave up an aging RJ, useless La Tax, injured Rush, two 1st round picks '14 and '17(who will be late picks, since we will be in the playoffs again this year) in a salary dump to sign 'Dre for 4 years $48 million (less than what other teams were going to pay). I'd do that trade again in a heart beat.

Dubs are playing in a stacked West Conf. Not some junior varsity league back East, most "experts" have the Dubs top in Power rankings all year long, despite having injuries to their back up Centers all year long.

All the Dubs have to do is get in the playoffs, and then the real test begins. I don't care if they have 40 or 50 wins, they just need to get in.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly did Myers go "all in"? :bawling: , We gave up an aging RJ, useless La Tax, injured Rush, two 1st round picks '14 and '17(who will be late picks, since we will be in the playoffs again this year) in a salary dump to sign 'Dre for 4 years $48 million (less than what other teams were going to pay). I'd do that trade again in a heart beat.

Dubs are playing in a stacked West Conf. Not some junior varsity league back East, most "experts" have the Dubs top in Power rankings all year long, despite having injuries to their back up Centers all year long.

All the Dubs have to do is get in the playoffs, and then the real test begins. I don't care if they have 40 or 50 wins, they just need to get in.

Totally agree that you do that trade again. Going all in to me would mean that this is a make or break year, but every key piece will come back next year. The starting 5 is one of the best units offensively (113.5 points per 100 possessions ) and defensively playing great (97.0 points per 100 possessions) and should only get better as they have not even played a full year together yet as a unit. Everyone knows the bench is the biggest issue this year. Its likely not going to change much unless Myers can pull a rabbit out of a hat at the deadline. Speights has started to come around and play better ball, but to me not having a Landry type to play in the post and get to the line is hurting the bench. Barnes cannot carry that unit, the addition of Crawford has helped and as he gains some chemistry with the team, the unit should improve. Obviously no backup C has effected the bench, but IMO another piece is going to be needed to take the step into the upper echelon with OKC and SAS and I have faith in Myers that he will make something happen, but not until the offseason.

The 1st this year should be in the 20s and we saw this past draft that Myers has the ability to acquire a similar pick without giving up any assets. Once the draft is over, he will also have the ability to trade the 2015 1st round pick to help make something happen. Plus its always possible Nedovic (I think I have more faith in his ability to become a solid bench player next year than most) can contribute next year/ Maybe Crawford comes back, Barnes, Green and Ezeli all back, I think the team has not even come close to reaching its potential. I think next year they will be even stronger and Myers had to know that adding Iguodala would strengthen the defense and the starting lineup, but would make putting a bench together tougher this year.