• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 08-01-16: Lucroy turns down the tribe & the Yanks fire sale

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if the agent was aware they were talking to the Indians?

I've been aware for weeks. They've been talking about it on MLB Network and whatnot. If Lucroy's agent was aware that there could be some talks, he's more inept than I initially thought.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if the agent was aware they were talking to the Indians? What we DO know is that after the trade was announced, Cleveland came back to Milwaukee and said "it's YOUR job to appease your boy, not ours". What we know for sure is Lucroy wanted his 2017 club option ripped up (not gonna happen) or possibly more money. All Lucroy is saying is "circumstances came up".

My guess is that Lucroy was more concerned with being traded by the Indians after this season, and him having little say about it. (thanks @Omar 382 for posting that article, it was a good read).

The idea that he's afraid of losing playing time to Yan Gomes is just too far fetched.

I suppose the biggest culprits in my mind are the Brewers FO and Lucroy's agent. Seems to me like this should have been addressed sooner -- certainly before the deal was announced, but we don't really know where that leak came from (could have been the Indians).

Regardless, the main point that I had was to laugh at the Brewers fans giving him a couple standing ovations yesterday, and I stand by that.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Lucroy was more concerned with being traded by the Indians after this season, and him having little say about it. (thanks @Omar 382 for posting that article, it was a good read).

The idea that he's afraid of losing playing time to Yan Gomes is just too far fetched.

I suppose the biggest culprits in my mind are the Brewers FO and Lucroy's agent. Seems to me like this should have been addressed sooner -- certainly before the deal was announced, but we don't really know where that leak came from (could have been the Indians).

Regardless, the main point that I had was to laugh at the Brewers fans giving him a couple standing ovations yesterday, and I stand by that.
Injuns just as much to blame unless they dont have the internet:suds:

from cots
  • limited no-trade protection (may block deals to 8 clubs) (for 2016, no-trade list includes Cleveland, Detroit, LA Angels, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego, Seattle, Washington)

whiskey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,001.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While he's been maybe kind of a dick to his teammates, he's always been a pretty decent guy to the fans. He always shows up at the off-season functions, he signs autographs, etc, etc, etc, etc. He hits .300 and he does "community stuff" and he's never popped positive for steroids or beat his wife. So......

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but we don't have much else to do 'cept drank and wait for Packers season.

Uhhhh, is what Brewers fans would say

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuns just as much to blame unless they dont have the internet:suds:

from cots
  • limited no-trade protection (may block deals to 8 clubs) (for 2016, no-trade list includes Cleveland, Detroit, LA Angels, Minnesota, Oakland, San Diego, Seattle, Washington)

That sounds good, but no.

Indians can't talk directly to Lucroy without Brewers permission. That's tampering.

That's not to say that the Indians are without fault here, but based on the above, if I had to meter out the culpability between the Brewers and Indians, the Brewers would get a bigger dose.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he's been maybe kind of a dick to his teammates, he's always been a pretty decent guy to the fans. He always shows up at the off-season functions, he signs autographs, etc, etc, etc, etc. He hits .300 and he does "community stuff" and he's never popped positive for steroids or beat his wife. So......

You make good points, Whiskey. They could have also been cheering for him feeling that a trade was imminent, so they were showing their appreciation for past play.

This is not as much fun as pointing at Brewers fans and laughing, though. Damnit.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make good points, Whiskey. They could have also been cheering for him feeling that a trade was imminent, so they were showing their appreciation for past play.

This is not as much fun as pointing at Brewers fans and laughing, though. Damnit.
Whenever a team rises to some sort of level where ridicule and joking is no longer applicable, there's always the Phillies

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Rosenthal:

"Asked a source how strongly I should pursue possibility of Red Sox acquiring Sale. His response: don't waste your time"

44 minutes ago

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CoyXcS_WYAAjuJF.jpg

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers could be close to acquiring both Rich Hill and Josh Reddick from A's

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Bruce slump in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Shut up.

I mean, HA HAH HAH, stick it to those Mutts fans...

Did you hear that my beloeved White Sox are gonna get Yasiel Puig?!?

Boom