• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

06/12 Wrecks at 2010 WS Champs, that are still in 1st, getting back Panda soon

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win in typical Giants style:

zCVKY.gif

Spent a day out, and I come home to my magical milker :)

Life is good

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through all this bullshit, the Giants finding a way to pitch and get 'er done. Wonder if Freddy's done for the year?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through all this bullshit, the Giants finding a way to pitch and get 'er done. Wonder if Freddy's done for the year?

You probably saw this already but Baggerly tweeted he has some labrum damage, they aren't sure if he can rehab and play later without season ending surgery. That is a possibility.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably saw this already but Baggerly tweeted he has some labrum damage, they aren't sure if he can rehab and play later without season ending surgery. That is a possibility.

yeah, I saw that after my post. Sucks balls. Then again, Miggy at 2b might not suck....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been stated before, but...

Jeebus, has anyone seen a team get decimated by injuries to key players the way this team has? OK, Bonds going down was bad, but when you have the entire team in 1 player, you are begging for something like that to happen. This team was spread out, and EVERY key position player has gone down.

That can ONLY be explained by Karma...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has been stated before, but...

Jeebus, has anyone seen a team get decimated by injuries to key players the way this team has? OK, Bonds going down was bad, but when you have the entire team in 1 player, you are begging for something like that to happen. This team was spread out, and EVERY key position player has gone down.

That can ONLY be explained by Karma...

Well where'd we earn the bad Karma we are getting?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excessive gloating over Philthyfan?

I think this will all just make our repeat championship that much more teh awesome. You can't bring us down, we're like that new Terminator Arnold has to battle in T-2.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
twitter comm:

@mitchmcnabb5: @DatDudeBP did u push torres off the base in the first inning!?

DatDudeBP Brandon Phillips: Yes i sure did... LMAO RT
11 hours ago

brandon phillips

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twitter comm:

11 hours ago

brandon phillips

Nice find!

You should post that over at DumDumVille to watch Marcus go berzerk.

Or cuckoo: :clock:

Wanted to use the new smiley.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
twitter comm:

11 hours ago

brandon phillips

Not that this particular caught stealing was Torres' fault, but he seems to have lost a step in the speed department from last year. I haven't done any research, but he sure seems to be beat by a lot of throws this year as compared to last. Maybe it just seems that way due to the importance of every run recently.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that this particular caught stealing was Torres' fault, but he seems to have lost a step in the speed department from last year. I haven't done any research, but he sure seems to be beat by a lot of throws this year as compared to last. Maybe it just seems that way due to the importance of every run recently.

We all knew he was not going to be a long term solution. I think he is beginning the inevitable down turn, and Brown should be given EVERY chance to take the CF job out of ST next year.

Torres would make one HELL of a 4th OF for us next year...

Starting OF next year???

LF - Neal
CF - Brown
RF - Nate

Torres, RoRo off the bench

Belt on the roster as a platoon with Huff and in the OF rotation.

Ssory Doc and Burrell will be gone (Burrell retires, Boss is non-tendered).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We all knew he was not going to be a long term solution. I think he is beginning the inevitable down turn, and Brown should be given EVERY chance to take the CF job out of ST next year.

Starting OF next year???

LF - Neal
CF - Brown
RF - Nate

Torres, RoRo off the bench

Belt on the roster as a platoon with Huff and in the OF rotation.

Ssory Doc and Burrell will be gone (Burrell retires, Boss is non-tendered).

No way for next year. I could see Belt as the "full-time" LF, though.

So 2012 OF:

LF Belt
CF Torres
RF Ross

backups: Rowand, Schierholtz

If Neal comes up and shines in September, then things get complicated. I don't think we see Brown until Sept. 2012.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, true, true. Torres kind of reminds me of Willie "Mays" Hayes in Major League II (the Omar Epps one) where he's all interested in power now and not basestealing. Problem is, he's not doing much of either.....

He would be an awesome 4th OF'er though.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way for next year. I could see Belt as the "full-time" LF, though.

So 2012 OF:

LF Belt
CF Torres
RF Ross

backups: Rowand, Schierholtz

If Neal comes up and shines in September, then things get complicated. I don't think we see Brown until Sept. 2012.

Certainly possible.

But I am not sure why we need to move like molasis with players like Brown and Panik. Both guys were college players, NOT HS players, so one year (or so) of MiLB should not be considered too little. They are drafted because they are ALMOST MLB ready, and only need minor tweaking to get to the top.

I think both Neal and Brown get called up in September and both will be given a shot out of ST. Neal, I think, has the better shot at sticking, granted, but Torres, entering 2012, would be a negative CF/lead off guy.

Ross will cost a lot of money next year. Unless he is willing to give the Gs a discount (actually very possible), I do not see him back next year. Not with Neal so ripe he is about to fall off the tree on his own.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Certainly possible.

But I am not sure why we need to move like molasis with players like Brown and Panik. Both guys were college players, NOT HS players, so one year (or so) of MiLB should not be considered too little. They are drafted because they are ALMOST MLB ready, and only need minor tweaking to get to the top.

I think both Neal and Brown get called up in September and both will be given a shot out of ST. Neal, I think, has the better shot at sticking, granted, but Torres, entering 2012, would be a negative CF/lead off guy.

Ross will cost a lot of money next year. Unless he is willing to give the Gs a discount (actually very possible), I do not see him back next year. Not with Neal so ripe he is about to fall off the tree on his own.

Seems to me only about 1 in 5 of the "studs" at AAA stick at the ML level, let alone start from the get go. So penciling in Neal seems premature for us, if Barr said it - different story. When I saw Brown live the other night, he did not look close to being ready for the grind of 162 games. Needs another 15-20lbs of muscle on his frame (yes even though he is a speed guy).

It also seems to me that very few college hitters, outside of the top 10 picks, make it to the majors in less than a couple of years - if they make it at all.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did anyone notice that Matt Downs is at an OPS+ of 154 in part-time duty with Houston?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone notice that Matt Downs is at an OPS+ of 154 in part-time duty with Houston?

Didn't Whitey have some awesome OPS+ numbers in limited action last year as well?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't Whitey have some awesome OPS+ numbers in limited action last year as well?

If by awesome, you mean an OPS+ of 61... then yes.

Downs has 68 AB thus far, Whitey had 65 all of last year, btw.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, based on baggs mention that Whiteside was icing down his arm on his off day, I think there's a chance he goes on the DL soon. He's had the elbow problem since spring training.