• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

06/12 Wrecks at 2010 WS Champs, that are still in 1st, getting back Panda soon

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BITCHES!!!

Torres-CF
Tejada-3B
Schierholtz-RF
Huff-1B
Ross-LF
Crawford-SS
Burriss-2B
Stewart-C
Sanchez-P

I also wanted to put this in the title:
:first::first::first::first:

Optimism is a wonderful thing

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm all for optimism, I like your spirit. But I'm this close to losing faith for this year. There's only so many injuries a team can take. If Sanchez is out more than say 5-6 weeks we got problems galore.

Put it this way: if some team we were chasing, like the Rockies, or DBacks, or Phillies, or whomever, got their best player knocked out for the year, and their next 2 best knocked out for significant stretches, and their best hitter from last year slumping after a new contract, we'd all be ragging on them, how they don't have a chance, etc. If their trolls showed up at DumDumVille those of us who enjoy this would be using said injuries to troll the trolls.

Just sayin'.

After sayin' it, I will then say we still got a shot because our division, which looked promising to start the year, sucks.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also: Nate batting 3rd? Sure, why not?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also: Nate batting 3rd? Sure, why not?

I think there's an argument that he's been the Giants best position player so far this year (that isn't currently DLed.) Here's a quote to inspire the troops:

"The Gods may have raped this team with injuries, but it's time we start raping back and hard!"

- 5 X NBA champion Kobe Bryant

If a true winner like Kobe knows that a team can overcome injuries, then damnit so can our team!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's an argument that he's been the Giants best position player so far this year (that isn't currently DLed.) Here's a quote to inspire the troops:

"The Gods may have raped this team with injuries, but it's time we start raping back and hard!"

If a true winner like Kobe knows that a team can overcome injuries, then damnit so can our team!

Preach on, Kobe! Ok, we'll do it!! :usa2:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

But Kobe said that just before checking into the Lodge and Spa at Cordillera.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of the NBA, is anybody going to be switching back and forth at the end of Finals game tonight to see if Lebron cries if they lose?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the NBA, is anybody going to be switching back and forth at the end of Finals game tonight to see if Lebron cries if they lose?

I'm a big NBA fan, and a Jason Kidd fan (Go Bears!), and like most fans a LeBron hater, so I'm actually watching that game as my primary and switching to the Giants game as the secondary.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm all for optimism, I like your spirit. But I'm this close to losing faith for this year. There's only so many injuries a team can take. If Sanchez is out more than say 5-6 weeks we got problems galore.

Put it this way: if some team we were chasing, like the Rockies, or DBacks, or Phillies, or whomever, got their best player knocked out for the year, and their next 2 best knocked out for significant stretches, and their best hitter from last year slumping after a new contract, we'd all be ragging on them, how they don't have a chance, etc. If their trolls showed up at DumDumVille those of us who enjoy this would be using said injuries to troll the trolls.

Just sayin'.

After sayin' it, I will then say we still got a shot because our division, which looked promising to start the year, sucks.

I dunno; if that "team we were chasing" had the best starting rotation AND the best bullpen in the majors AND was due to play most of its games at home for the rest of the year, where they've been pretty good....I wouldn't be saying "they're done."

Not at all.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BITCHES!!!

Torres-CF
Tejada-3B
Schierholtz-RF
Huff-1B
Ross-LF
Crawford-SS
Burriss-2B
Stewart-C
Sanchez-P

I also wanted to put this in the title:
:first::first::first::first:

Optimism is a wonderful thing

Nobody with any significant experience vs. Volquez; Phillips 3-8 vs. Chez with 3 HRs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno; if that "team we were chasing" had the best starting rotation AND the best bullpen in the majors AND was due to play most of its games at home for the rest of the year, where they've been pretty good....I wouldn't be saying "they're done."

Not at all.

Home games remaining: 51
Road games: 46

Technically, most at home but no longer some huge differential.

Just sayin'

I'm not saying the Giants are done, especially if Sanchez is back in a few weeks instead of 2+ months. I'm just saying, if this wasn't our team decimated by injuries, we'd be pretty dismissive of that other team.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a big NBA fan, and a Jason Kidd fan (Go Bears!), and like most fans a LeBron hater, so I'm actually watching that game as my primary and switching to the Giants game as the secondary.

My girlfriend and her whole family are from Cleveland, so if the Heat win I'll never hear the end of the bitching about it.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bobby Valentine fantasizing about Bochy playing small ball in the pre-game commentary.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Valentine fantasizing about Bochy playing small ball in the pre-game commentary.

What is 'small ball'? Is it basically bunting runners over? From what I understand the numbers say don't give up outs, except maybe very late in very close games?

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Not that I'm trying to accuse Bochy of being a Saber wizard, but haven't most studies shown that giving up outs to play small ball is almost always a bad idea?